• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

LAW guys seem to think that we'll start to see a shift towards Brock as face and Reigns as heel towards Wrestlemania, with the full turn occurring there with Heyman turning sides.
That's an awful idea. Brock is legit over as a monster heel; it's in his nature. Reigns can't play the bad guy against Brock, no one would buy it. Both guys would look weaker as a result.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Roman Reigns seems like he could be the next Randy Orton but instead they are trying to make him Super Cena and that aint gonna work.

Its not the guy they are pushing its the way they are doing it.

Also when was the last decent showdown at the end of the rumble? I feel like its been the guy who is clearly going to win versus some jobbers at the end for a few years now

2010 Edge eliminated John Cena was the last decently booked ending.

Then they tried to get two controversial midcarders over by giving ADR and Shamus a shot, and that didn't work so well, so they went with the more "safe" bets of Cena and Batista, and those didn't work out, and so they're back to pushing another controversial midcarder, I guess.

Why they don't just go with the real safe bet of Daniel Bryan, I'll never know.

PWTorch dudes speculating that it looked like Reigns had been crying when he was doing the post-show interview with The Rock.

I didn't see that, but eh, wouldn't surprise me. The guy got grilled on what should have been the biggest night of his career to date.

holy crap

i could tell both were shook

they got booed hahahahaha

Lrrr

The look in Roman eyes says it all. Straight up shock and sad.

I genuinely feel bad for Roman. It's not his fault WWE creative has booked him so poorly. I think people need to remember that he's only into his third full year of wrestling on WWE TV. He can still grow and improve. If the IWC had been around back in 1996/7, I'm sure 'The Ringmaster', 'The Blue Chipper' and many other guys who started out stale never would've been given the chance to morph into the stars they eventually became.

NYR

Bryan vs Rollins for the briefcase

Bryan wins

Brock beats Roman

Bryan cashes in

Bryan faces Brock and wins

WM saved
It's hilarious if they have to do this AGAIN to fix their mistakes. And it comes at the cost of absolutely burying Reigns and Rollins.

Ithil

You could have had the crowd love Bryan winning, have a barn burner with Brock at WM, and give Bryan that proper run he's never gotten. In the meantime Reigns is in the upper midcard trying to get better, and maybe he's improved by the 2016 Rumble and you can pull the trigger on him and it can work.

Instead they pretty much fucked over their own pick for "next top guy". Do feel bad for Reigns himself, it's supposed to be the greatest moment of his career and he was totally shat on. Vince has no idea what he's doing, he just made another Lex Luger/Diesel.

Bryan vs Rollins for the briefcase

Bryan wins

Brock beats Roman

Bryan cashes in

Bryan faces Brock and wins

WM saved

They don't have to go that convoluted if they want to work Bryan into the title match at Mania.

He never lost the title.

The problem is, they don't want to work Bryan into the title match at Mania.

Foffy

Banned
That match was fantastic. I love how hard Brock goes even though everyone knows he's only there for the paycheck.

He may be there for a paycheck, but he knows how to get with it when it's time to get up and play ball. That's what makes him so great.

Compare Brock's current title reign with Rock's last one. Rock's looks like pure "checking boxes and paychecks" bullshittery and looked totally undeserving of being champion with his work ethic. Brock is literally the opposite of it: he's made the idea of a "top guy" actually mean something again. When he shows up, he is able to get the entire show pointed on what he's doing. Tonight was one of the best matches he's ever had. When was Dwayne's?

Alucard

Banned
B8QGVqNCQAIxZTd.png

Really need this to say "Millennials" instead of children.

2010 Edge eliminated John Cena was the last decently booked ending.

Then they tried to get two controversial midcarders by giving ADR and Shamus, and that didn't work so well, so they went with the more "safe" bets of Cena and Batista, and those didn't work out, and so they're back to pushing another controversial midcarder, I guess.

Why they don't just go with the real safe bet of Daniel Bryan, I'll never know.

TBH, heel Sheamus was over. It was when they turned him face and tried to bury Bryan with him that he went to nowhere.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Does Vince remember that even Cena had to go after midcarders, and hold the USA championship before headlining?

God the dudes out of touch with his own method

gogosox82

I didn't get it. Their job was apparently to make every remaining crowd favorite look like a wimp getting tossed out so easily.

Yep. I actually got pissed when they eliminated Ziggler the way they did. Having him getting knock out punched and thown over like a little bitch in like two minutes smh. That's when I knew Reigns was winning this.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I genuinely feel bad for Roman. It's not his fault WWE creative has booked him so poorly. I think people need to remember that he's only into his third full year of wrestling on WWE TV. He can still grow and improve. If the IWC had been around back in 1996/7, I'm sure 'The Ringmaster', 'The Blue Chipper' and many other guys who started out stale never would've been given the chance to morph into the stars they eventually became.

The IWC was around back then, and a lot of us hated Roman Reigns when he was called Bill Goldberg. And I can't believe I'm saying this about anybody, but Goldberg was better than Roman Reigns in every way you could ask him to be.

I don't believe that Keller tweet about the top WWE heads not thinking they'd get the same reaction.

The way the Rumble was booked it was obvious they knew people would hate Bryan getting tossed and they tried everything they could to get the crowd back and failed.

hamchan

C0VLLHp.jpg

Lol.

Anyways, got a bit bored in the Royal Rumble match. But man, that triple threat match was fantastic. Seth Rollins is legit my favorite wrestler on the roster right now.

RP912

Banned
Does Vince remember that even Cena had to go after midcarders, and hold the USA championship before headlining?

God the dudes out of touch with his own method

It's crazy. Even friggin Orton had to embrace the mid card before being a main eventer.

Here is the thing though, Bryan just just came back from being the man and having extensive neck surgery and Brock works stiff so why risk injury.

Rollins has MitB

Ziggler is almost ready almost.

Bray and Ambrose is starting to get there

Who else do you have besides Reigns? No one.

It is completely WWE's fault for not building stars until these past two years but fans taking it out on Reigns is going to murder any hope he has of being at the top and staying in the ME picture for years to come.

Past

Don't know why people here are defending Triple H and only hating Vince? Roman Reigns is also Triple H's guy, he's the one that was rooting for Lesnar Vs Reigns at WM31. Vince wanted The Rock Vs Brock Lesnar.

Vestal

The Rock maybe not, but everyone knew Austin from before the Ringmaster shit. He polished his craft in WCW, became a great in ring performer and then developed the SOB person in ECW.

We would have been screaming through the rooftops at vince for WTF ARE YOU DOING WITH STEVE?!?!?!?!

KissVibes

Banned

The Ringmaster was a good wrestler, tho.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The IWC was around back then, and a lot of us hated Roman Reigns when he was called Bill Goldberg. And I can't believe I'm saying this about anybody, but Goldberg was better than Roman Reigns in every way you could ask him to be.

Goldberg never ever got audibly booed like that. Goldberg didn't get shit for pinning Benoit on live tv. There is a huge difference between a small niche group of internet fans thinking a guy doesn't deserve it and a huge chunk of your fanbase BOOING the face and not wanting him. Like Bischoff was right to not give a shit about anyone who didn't like Goldberg because it didn't play on tv or PPV, and that's all that mattered. As opposed to pushing a guy as a face who gets booed, who people see on tv who like him and are wondering why he's getting booed. That's just silly.
40864_pro.jpg

Oh

Don't know why people here are defending Triple H and only hating Vince? Roman Reigns is also Triple H's guy, he's the one that was rooting for Lesnar Vs Reigns at WM31. Vince wanted The Rock Vs Brock Lesnar.
NXT has earned Triple H a lot of leeway.

People are definitely forgetting that Triple H never understood CM Punk or Daniel Bryan, either.

Here is the thing though, Bryan just just came back from being the man and having extensive neck surgery and Brock works stiff so why risk injury.

Rollins has MitB

Ziggler is almost ready almost.

Bray and Ambrose is starting to get there

Who else do you have besides Reigns? No one.

It is completely WWE's fault for not building stars until these past two years but fans taking it out on Reigns is going to murder any hope he has of being at the top and staying in the ME picture for years to come.

But you don't have Reigns because he's not that guy, and is less that guy than anyone else you named.

NXT has earned Triple H a lot of leeway.

People are definitely forgetting that Triple H never understood CM Punk or Daniel Bryan, either.

Yeah, I think the HHH praise for NXT being good is completely misplaced, but he could be responsible for absolutely none of what makes NXT good and still be ahead of Vince because it seems like Vince is completely tanking the product right now.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Goldberg never ever got audibly booed like that. Goldberg didn't get shit for pinning Benoit on live tv. There is a huge difference between a small niche group of internet fans thinking a guy doesn't deserve it and a huge chunk of your fanbase BOOING the face and not wanting him. Like Bischoff was right to not give a shit about anyone who didn't like Goldberg because it didn't play on tv or PPV, and that's all that mattered. As opposed to pushing a guy as a face who gets booed, who people see on tv who like him and are wondering why he's getting booed. That's just silly.
40864_pro.jpg

Oh

Goldberg got small crowds of boos when he was getting his streak built up. Eventually they died out, but there were people who hated the way he was being built up. Streak Goldberg is the father of fake crowd noise too, but even the way WCW handled him was better than what has been done with Reigns. They at least let him work to his strengths and made it so that he at least appeared to be the most terrifying guy on the show. Reigns hasn't gotten that once since the Shield broke up.

Ithil

Because it's Vince's show, and Vince's company, everything goes through him and everything that happens is what he wants. HHH can think what he thinks but he has no say on the final product, only Vince.

And Vince wanted Rock vs Brock for WM 30, not 31. They even had a tease for it before WM 29. But it's been clear for a long time that Rock wasn't around for WM 31, and if he was, he would have faced HHH. They've been planning Reigns vs Lesnar since basically WM 30.

The Ringmaster was a good wrestler, tho.

Come on.

Reigns isnt exactly Bryan or Cesaro when it comes to technical shit but I think his style in entertaining enough compared to the normal WWE strong man move set.

I will take the more fast moving and explosive style over your standard strong man slowly lifting heaving people stuff any day.

Fox318

40864_pro.jpg

Oh

Goldberg was hot as fuck. Look at some of his early matches. People fucking loved him. It was only when the fucking cattleprod shit happened did people start calling him oldberg.

Reigns isn't a good worker. There is a reason they have him the spear.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Goldberg got small crowds of boos when he was getting his streak built up. Eventually they died out, but there were people who hated the way he was being built up. Streak Goldberg is the father of fake crowd noise.

Fake crowd noises were happening long before Goldberg
vlcsnap-5469467_thumb%25255B1%25255D.png

WWE-WWF_Royal-Rumble-1989_Hulk-Hogan_eliminates_Bad-News-Brown_and_Randy-MachoMan_Savage.JPG

TraBuch

Banned
Weirdly, the thing in the rumble that disappointed me the most was no Devon. I was fully expecting him to come out when it was Luke Harper and Wyatt against Bubba Ray. Nothing about R-Truth taking Devon's place felt right, kinda wish Bubba just came out as Bully Ray.

Also, huge missed opportunity with Mizdow. He should've eliminated Miz, such an easy start to a feud.

But you don't have Reigns because he's not that guy, and is less that guy than anyone else you named.

I do agree that Reigns also isn't quite ready yet as well and that's WWE's problem. While they are finally building new stars I think the only one that is ready is Rollins and he's already there...

Bryan doesn't count because he's already a Main Eventer and I honestly think the only reason he didn't win is because of Brock being a stiff worker.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Fake crowd noises were happening long before Goldberg

Those were changed on the later broadcasts but yeah you're right. If they could have known the reaction in advance they would have had any canned audience inserted. That's more Vince's love of rewriting history than trying to influence the future though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom