• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

B8QJd5BCMAAro4j.png

lol

KuGsj.gif

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I genuinely feel bad for Roman. It's not his fault WWE creative has booked him so poorly. I think people need to remember that he's only into his third full year of wrestling on WWE TV. He can still grow and improve. If the IWC had been around back in 1996/7, I'm sure 'The Ringmaster', 'The Blue Chipper' and many other guys who started out stale never would've been given the chance to morph into the stars they eventually became.

Yeah, because the IWC was calling for Daniel Bryan to be the champion when he was jobbing on Heat and his only gimmick was being a vegan.

Everyone liked his ability to wrestle, and he had that ring of honor glow, but he didn't turn into the big favorite until after he became the hilariously overly cocky heel with the World Heavyweight Champion belt.

Shame the Rumble overshadowed the pretty great match right before it.

noob question:

How does a guy: (1) no one likes on the Internet (2) that is lacking some important talents to be considered top tier, get this far? Is it really as simple as "the bosses like him"? Why do they like him?

There, I fixed that for you. Reigns will be fine. Maybe it's a little early, but he'll be fine.

Yeah, because the IWC was calling for Daniel Bryan to be the champion when he was jobbing on Heat and his only gimmick was being a vegan.

Everyone liked his ability to wrestle, and he had that ring of honor glow, but he didn't turn into the big favorite until after he became the hilariously overly cocky heel with the World Heavyweight Champion belt.

WHC Bryan was SO MUCH better than Yes Movement Bryan.

There, I fixed that for you. Reigns will be fine. Maybe it's a little early, but he'll be fine.

Oh, so that was the internet I heard in that arena?

Mr.Swag

Banned
Sooooo shouldn't WWE be on panic mode?

They cant be losing subs when they're barely gaining subs..
What can they do?
Wrestlemania card is currently:
Reigns V Lesnar
HHH V Sting
Cena V Rusev
Wyatt V DBry

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Did they have that WWE GM laptop near the announcers booth? Was the internet picked up on the mic, because to me it sounded like nothing but boos for like an hour to end the show except for that brief moment before the arena realized The Rock wasn't actually there to attack Reigns.

Omega

Banned
I'm not so much pissed (mostly) about Bryan being eliminated. As one or two people have said on here, he can't be expected to win every match and that includes the Rumble (even if I wanted Bryan to win it).

But what does piss me off is the fact that he was eliminated like he was some mid-carder when he was more than that. Not even final four. I could have handled it better if he was at least Final Four but nopelol VKM says Reigns, Kane, Show and Rusev.

This won't happen in a million years, but the only way to salvage this mess now is if Lesnar gets ambushed somehow and then Rollins cashes in and wins tomorrow night on Raw. Then have him face Reigns, as RR winner, at Mania. Then stick in Ambrose for some contrived reason (the 'E has done it before on lesser foundations) to say he hasn't finished his revenge on Rollins for his backstab and make it a Shield three-way for the title.

Otherwise, there is no hope for Mania this year. At least last year, we had both of D-Bry's matches and Taker's streak ending shocker to do us over. This year? There won't be a prayer if something isn't done.

I knew Reigns was going to win and I said this would be the only way to fix it.

after tonight, it's not going to happen. They don't care about fixing anything and even if they do it, it's too late now. This sent a clear message and anyone who sticks around to keep watching doesn't even have the right to complain anymore.

This is the time of year where they're supposed to pull everyone back in and everyone becomes delusional thinking "oh man this is the year! they're finally going to turn things around!" but nope.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
#CancelWWENetwork trending worldwide, and the cancellation page on the Network page is CRASHED due to traffic. Holy shit.

Damn it. This sort of thing is exactly why I now want to watch raw tomorrow.

If the fans weren't so interesting, maybe I would have gotten bored of watching by now.

thefro

Have Vince manage Roman Reigns and do an angle where he delusionally pushes Reigns as hard as he can as the new face of WWE. Obviously fake crowd noise piped in, lame t-shirts and foam fingers "planted" by corporate stooges in the front row, ice cream bars, "Reigns Express" bus, Vince pays off JBL to put Reigns over as a good guy.

That's how you roll with this and make it work.

I didn't even notice the date. The point still stands nearly a year later.

Anyways, it still works a year later, and I'm part of the statistic. Cancelled again.

CM Punk gets the last laugh.

GavinUK86

I've kinda been away from wrestling for a couple years now but all this tonight has pulled me back in. not sure if it's a good thing or not.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
WHC Bryan was SO MUCH better than Yes Movement Bryan.

Indeed. "Yes" is a fun chant in any situation, but its the most fun when you are chanting into the face of someone that you have no business chanting it too.

But that's the past, and heels are always going to have an easier time being interesting than faces. Bryan obviously needs to be face right now.

Did they have that WWE GM laptop near the announcers booth? Was the internet picked up on the mic, because to me it sounded like nothing but boos for like an hour to end the show except for that brief moment before the arena realized The Rock wasn't actually there to attack Reigns.

Philly's a hardcore crowd, especially for a PPV. Vince, rightly knows you don't book for the arena. You book for the audience watching at home. Cena has been booed at tons of PPV's, only to sell millions in merch that same week.

dream

Sooooo shouldn't WWE be on panic mode?

They cant be losing subs when they're barely gaining subs..
What can they do?
Wrestlemania card is currently:
Reigns V Lesnar
HHH V Sting
Cena V Rusev
Wyatt V DBry

That's the cause of much consternation for me, Mr. Swag. I am perfectly fine with Roman Reigns winning, and I think he and Brock will put on one hell of a match. But on the other hand, I think WWE is a terrible company, and I am actively rooting for them to financially collapse because I believe the world would be a better place without WWE in it. I feel like I'm being pulled in two different directions.

Karsha

The "no one likes Roman" makes no sense, dude was the most over member of the shield and even 2 weeks ago he was still one of the most over guys. Thing is after the injury they gave him nothing to do, just some heat with Show that no one cared about, he was thrown in the rumble as the one that will win it but they made nothing in the weeks before to actually justify why he would win. Damn even Bryan was more hyped by the WWE for the RR match. Also the fact that this year's rumble lacked a number of potential winners(just Bryan and him) really affected the final part of the match . I don't know what they could have done at that point, there was no win-win situation

That final LAW caller was gold. What a great way to end the show.

"WHEN ARE WE GOING TO TAKE A STAND AND STOP GIVING VINCE OUR MONEY!?"
"well you can unsub to the network"
"I'm not even a subscriber."
"Well how did you watch the PPV?"
"I didn't I read a recap"

Foffy

Banned
The "no one likes Roman" makes no sense, dude was the most over member of the shield and even 2 weeks ago he was still one of the most over guys. Thing is after the injury they gave him nothing to do, just some heat with Show that no one cared about, he was thrown in the rumble as the one that will win it but they made nothing in the weeks before to actually justify why he would win. Damn even Bryan was more hyped by the WWE for the RR match. Also the fact that this year's rumble lacked a number of potential winners(just Bryan and him) really affected the final part of the match . I don't know what they could have done at that point, there was no win-win situation

People liked Roman where he was: a growing talent.

People are upset that he's being pushed as a main event player for the companies big title. He's not ready for it at all.

Reigns is literally the last guy from the Shield ready for main event status, yet he's the guy WWE has formally focused on as the next main player. Rollins seems like he's only where he is to give Roman a later feud, and he's doing well there almost as an accident.

Fox318

That final LAW caller was gold. What a great way to end the show.

"WHEN ARE WE GOING TO TAKE A STAND AND STOP GIVING VINCE OUR MONEY!?"
"well you can unsub to the network"
"I'm not even a subscriber."
"Well how did you watch the PPV?"
"I didn't I read a recap"

That was a Vince plant

Not true at all. He was over due to the explosiveness. Anyone with any ability would of seen he lacked so many qualities with being a top star. And no he hasn't been over due to people getting tired of him not improving at all over the last year.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So what do you guys see Cena doing from here on out? I don't see him maineventing mania for atleast 3-4 years from now when he's a heel run.

Cena should have already had at least 2 or 3 heel runs.

I just want him to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom