• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
They're in San Francisco. The same city that, half a year ago, had Daniel Bryan lead an entire baseball stadium in Yes chants.

Vince has no clue what year he's living in.

Bryan was also part of the SF victory parade leading chants there. To thousands of fans standing in the rain in downtown SF.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
They're in San Francisco. The same city that, half a year ago, had Daniel Bryan lead an entire baseball stadium in Yes chants.

Vince has no clue what year he's living in.

I have it on good authority that 95% of those fans were carrying an internet connected device in their pockets at the time of the game.

Fucking internet nerds.

I bet they all look like this too.

2125%20-%20glasses%20jameson%20suit%20wwf.png

Hah, those wrestling fans. You show them who knows what's best, Vince.

XenoRaven

NoRéN;149247761 said:
Damn, you were quick on that!

I wonder how Vince will feel when NXT takeover turns out better than royal rumble and fast lane.
The last NXT event was better than any PPV they did last year save for MAYBE Wrestlemania. I don't think Vince watches NXT so I don't think he cares, unfortunately.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I have it on good authority that 95% of those fans were carrying an internet connected device in their pockets at the time of the game.

Fucking internet nerds.

I bet they all look like this too.

2125%20-%20glasses%20jameson%20suit%20wwf.png

Hah, those wrestling fans. You show them who knows what's best, Vince.

7pJh1Bnl.jpg

On my phone right now so I can't easily find any pics of Bryan on one of the victory floats leading cheers.

It's real unfortunate that he is getting fed to Cena.

I am still numb that Wyatt lost clean to Cena twice, only to have him hastily been glued back together by the same morons who broke his momentum.

I genuinely thought Wyatt would have been the turning point. And if not Wyatt, Rusev sure as hell isn't going to be the guy to do it.

Despite this, I am hoping fans legitimately get behind Rusev like they did with Wyatt.

The We Want Rusev chants may have been out of desperation, but Rusev could have totally been a worthwhile opponent for da Beast

Fucking this.

Bray Wyatt shouldn't have been fed to Cena to begin with, but of course they do this fucking "GOTTA KEEP CENA STRONG!!!111111" shit that they ALWAYS do and made one of their best prospects look like shit. And when he finally wins, it's because of some stupid kid they referred to once or twice after.

I like Bray Wyatt and he deserves better. The entire fucking roster deserves better. Shit like that was why I stopped watching, but I'm invested again now, so I guess I'm taking it all the way to Mania.

Aiii

So not worth it
NoRéN;149247761 said:
Damn, you were quick on that!

I wonder how Vince will feel when NXT takeover turns out better than royal rumble and fast lane.

He'll probably end up taking the live events off of the Network.

SaviorX

After watching the tape again they didn't boo rock one bit lol every move he made while slapping up Show and Kane got cheers while every step Roman took was a boo.

The back and forth schizophrenia between support and disdain in that moment was hilarious. Capped off my a Rusev cheer upon entry then boos once he got speared.

I hate that they tarnish the Great Ones legacy with booking moments like this; he is hurt by association. Believe that beanstalk

Finally back on the internet after finishing the Rumble (that's what you get for being British)

Really enjoyed the undercard, funnily enough. Even the Ascension match didn't bore me to tears, so there's something. Championship match was great.

Then that fucking Rumble. I haven't read the thread yet, but I assume everyone's been shitting on it similarly. I think I would have been happier if Roman had just won. That they had to have the Rock come out to try and stop Roman getting boo'd just shows the fucking contempt they seem to have. They knew exactly what was going to fucking happen, and they did it anyway, because fuck you, we like what we tell you to like.

well, time to get back the old dudes to watch shitty product, so, emergency wwe mode will be activated ...

Just you wait for the lesbian diva and the wardrobe malfunctions...

Youp, they gonna use the divas to try to fix this

Son Of D

I have to say I'm curious what the reaction would be to Bray winning.

I mean, it's not Bryan/Ziggler/Ambrose/Mizdow but I wonder if he'd have got cheers simply because it wasn't Reigns.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I have to say I'm curious what the reaction would be to Bray winning.

I mean, it's not Bryan/Ziggler/Ambrose/Mizdow but I wonder if he'd have got cheers simply because it wasn't Reigns.
I thought everyone loved Bray? If Bray won I know I would have marked out pretty hard. Honestly I'd have preferred Bray winning to Bryan.

bill0527

If the ending was booked dramatically with some doubt as to who would win - say a final four of Ziggler, Bray Wyatt, Daniel Bryan, and Roman Reigns, I would have been perfectly ok to see Bray win.

If the ending was booked dramatically with some doubt as to who would win - say a final four of Ziggler, Bray Wyatt, Daniel Bryan, and Roman Reigns, I would have been perfectly ok to see Bray win.
Yeah, the second worst part of it all was they gave us no tension. No one in the world believed Big Show or Kane would win it.

Yeah, the second worst part of it all was they gave us no tension. No one in the world believed Big Show or Kane would win it.

I feel like it was booked to diminish the boos that Reigns would get, keeping D Brine's elimination far away from Reigns entering and leaving Show/Kane to last figuring no one would cheer them over Reigns. Then using the Rock to attempt to transfer some goodwill. Which is especially fucking stupid, you should be booking to get the biggest possible reaction so they should have really played into the boos or avoided the scenario altogether, it isn't difficult.

Hex

Banned
Watching the three way again, not taking away the whole beastly-ness of Brock but I have to say the suplexing thing got really boring knowing that it really was the only move he did pretty much the entire match other than the random F5 here and there and a kimura attempt

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The real problem with Reigns is he has no character to him

What the fuck is he suppose to be?
His bullet Proof Vest get up and his 5 set move of doom is very fucking cliche
Super Man Punch doesn't make you stand the fuck out as a finisher

Fuck people were going bananas over DDP's Diamond Cutters R' Us during his 2 minutes of fame
You need a damn personality with a finisher to really make you stand out

That's why Orton still has appeal, that RKO is just that good, it can be brought out at anytime but it also has long standing with his antics, like Randy RKO'ing Hogan on that car when he was in that "Legend Killer" phase of his character arc, it's memorable

Same with Stunner, Rock Bottom, etc.

Regins just looks like a create a wrestler created by WWE that shoehorns every bad quality management thinks that fans will get behind, cause management knows what sells

Right now Regins is literally on oaf moving around in the ring, howling when he's about to do his super and it just feels forced, nothing natural
Hell even the Rock with the People's Elbow is so foreshadowed in a match, but people enjoy it for the showmanship of the setup till the payoff

Regins needs a gimmick switch ASAP, needs to have a more memorable outlook as a character, with a cool theme that makes you think an ass whopping comes
Fucking Stone Cold be 80 years old, wheel chair bound, with Alzheimer, but when that glass breaks, you just know shit's about to go down

Regins is not a threat, he needs to be if he is going to be over

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
roman with dat swimming reference HE LEARNED TO SWIM LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ITS OK HE CAN BE A CHAMP NOW

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
bryan just laid out the perfect scenerio, brock vs bryan is david vs goliath. Would have been a great match for wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom