• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

RoyalRoboCop1_zps203833a1.png

Mahonay

Banned
Man I honestly felt for Rollins when he nailed the Phoenix and immediately there was Brock to wreck his day.
I thought he kind of landed on his face, but man it still looked insane. I was watching with non-wrestling fans and they didn't understand why I lost my shit when he pulled that out of nowhere.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Man I honestly felt for Rollins when he nailed the Phoenix and immediately there was Brock to wreck his day.

i agree thats the talent I want to see, the heaters werent in the match during that time cus cena attitude adjusted them, rollins does great things on his own when his heaters arent interfering

FyreWulff

He interferes as much as he has matches.

Also sure, it's all well and good to have a guy out there that is an incredibly safe worker, but Kane is not over with a single portion of the audience, and hasn't been for at least two years. Kane's involvement puts a noticeable damper on a lot of matches. I'm sure WWE doesn't recognize it.

I'm a fan of Kane's body of work and he seems like a stand up guy, but the way he's used in their booking is a large part of the problem we're seeing now.

Yeah, he's booked poorly. And suffers from the way too much damn content era of the WWE.

Certain characters should be booked like special rarer treats, not everyday-workers.

Man, I don't even know how Cena fans are going to view his career when they try to go back and watch it years from now. Imagine watching all those shows with nonstop Cena back to back, all those hours..

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That stupid fucking segment felt like the embodiment of the kind of problems a PG show presents. You don't get the beer truck or cart full of weapons, you get a hot dog stand...

I mean you can also choose not write bullshit like that for your show, PG or not.

PG is the least of WWEs problems.

Listening to Reigns say "bitch" 17 times in a promo will do nothing. Bad writing is bad writing.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/559799086820646912

"Due to an impending blizzard in the northeast WWE will postpone tonight's live event in Hartford, CT and canceled tomorrow's in Boston (1/4)"

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/559799151207411713

However, Monday Night #Raw WILL air tonight on @USA_Network from @WWE World Headquarters in Stamford, CT. (2/4)

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/559799204265345024

"#WWE Universe in Hartford, CT: tickets will be honored for a special LIVE #Smackdown this Thursday @XLCenter which will air on @SyfyTV (3/4)"

Mahonay

Banned
i agree thats the talent I want to see, the heaters werent in the match during that time cus cena attitude adjusted them, rollins does great things on his own when his heaters arent interfering
J&J help Rollins seem like a smarmy son of a bitch that you want to hate. He's a heel first.

Lrrr

So we agree, then. It was Reigns winning that was the issue.

I think people could have accepted Reign's victory had D-Bry been booked to have a great Rumble with his elimination leading him towards a major match at WM (with someone like Barrett or Rusev). As it stands now, the most popular guy in the company is left with no story, no feud, no nothing and the guy who Vince wants to push, rather than the guy fans are rooting for, is getting the WM main event spot.

This is Batista 2014 all over again.

Whoever is making these decisions, I'm assuming it's Vince, is just so out of touch at this point it's hilarious. I'm going to enjoy watching creative do damage control like it did last year and try and save Wrestlemania from being the crap it's looking like right now.

Bizazedo

I think people could have accepted Reign's victory had D-Bry been booked to have a great Rumble with his elimination leading him towards a major match at WM (with someone like Barrett or Rusev). As it stands now, the most popular guy in the company is left with no story, no feud, no nothing and the guy who Vince wants to push, rather than the guy fans are rooting for, is getting the WM main event spot.

This is Batista 2014 all over again.

I disagree, respectfully. If you leave Bryan out of the Rumble this year due to the injury, I maintain we still have that finish of rage and boo'ng. I 100% disagree with scapegoating, for lack of a better term, Bryan for Reigns failures.

But, it's wrestling and fun to debate, yet not important, so I hope for both our sakes the show improves, regardless of stance.

Mahonay

Banned
Whoever is making these decisions, I'm assuming it's Vince, is just so out of touch at this point it's hilarious. I'm going to enjoy watching creative do damage control like it did last year and try and save Wrestlemania from being the crap it's looking like right now.
Except the part where Vince has already said he is not going to make a change with the main even match like they did last year.

Lrrr

I disagree, respectfully. If you leave Bryan out of the Rumble this year due to the injury, I maintain we still have that finish of rage and boo'ng. I 100% disagree with scapegoating, for lack of a better term, Bryan for Reigns failures.

But, it's wrestling and fun to debate, yet not important, so I hope for both our sakes the show improves, regardless of stance.

We'll just agree to disagree then. Wrestling is not worth arguing over, lol. :)

Saw this on reddit. It's a video of someone in the crowd at the end of the rumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LevnmvkqrOM

The "We Want Rusev" chants are so bad. The guy whose character loathes America is getting cheered over Roman Reigns. What a difference a year makes, eh? Last year when he was the last one against Batista, the crowd was all like, "Roman Reigns!".

I'll just throw in my 2 cents.

Is Roman HORRIBLE? No, they've pushed worse. At one point Roman was over as fuck, problem is it was with the Shield. When they split it became crystal clear Dean and Seth are the true stars, Roman was just the flashy muscle. Roman was NOT over in the last Rumble. They just really didn't want Batista to win. They wanted DBry. Now, WWE for about the millionth time is fucking up another potential great push. Is his career dead? of course not, but this isn't how you start shit off. Only really good wrestlers can bounce back after a forced push ( Orton is a great example of this).

When did things go wrong? Punks Podcast. Even though he wasn't really shooting, i think his comments left a bad taste in every ones mouth. Once the marks found out he was a HHH/Vince pet, he was pretty much done. Then the god awful forced push starts happening. Superstar of the year? The same year DBry over came odds that would make Cena tear? The same year Brock fucking Lesnar beat the streak and SQUASHED Cena clean????

You're just begging us to hate this guy. And bringing back the Rock to help the boos was extremely cringe worthy. You knew he was going to get shitted on and still did it anyways. I know shit can change but as of now WM31 looks god awful, even worse than the original WM30 plans.

Honestly i'm more upset about the fact Bryan/Lesnar might never happen.

This is a good take on the situation.

Vince supposedly doesn't like the fact that they "caved" last year, and feels that they can't do it again.

Caved by making Bryan the champ, because he was over with the fans?

Saw this on reddit. It's a video of someone in the crowd at the end of the rumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LevnmvkqrOM

That's much worse than the sound-adjusted broadcast. Brutal stuff.

Mahonay

Banned
Caved by making Bryan the champ, because he was over with the fans?
Yep. Vince is of the train of thought that his plans, for his vision, are more important than how the fans react. He was 100 percent good to go with Batista Vs. Orton at Mania. Fans revolted and someone convinced him they needed to get Bryan into the picture. I'm sure he was very unhappy about this, even though it worked out for them. This is how his senile mind works.

ryan299

Seeing on Reddit that Vince lost his mind on TMZ and said the fans have no respect for the talent and we're ungrateful parasites. trying to find link but if true lmao

TomShoe

Banned
When did things go wrong? Punks Podcast. Even though he wasn't really shooting, i think his comments left a bad taste in every ones mouth. Once the marks found out he was a HHH/Vince pet, he was pretty much done. e streak and SQUASHED Cena clean????

Does anyone have this podcast? I'd like to give it a listen.

Ithil

We'll just agree to disagree then. Wrestling is not worth arguing over, lol. :)

The "We Want Rusev" chants are so bad. The guy whose character loathes America is getting cheered over Roman Reigns. What a difference a year makes, eh? Last year when he was the last one against Batista, the crowd was all like, "Roman Reigns!".

That's because they weren't cheering Reigns, they were cheering "Guy that is not Batista". This year, Reigns is Batista.

Sephzilla

Seeing on Reddit that Vince lost his mind on TMZ and said the fans have no respect for the talent and we're ungrateful parasites. trying to find link but if true lmao
I'd love to see a video of him saying that. I honestly think if that leaked the more mainstream press would eat him for breakfast

I think everyone knew WELL BEFORE Punk's podcast expose that Reigns was in line to be pushed to the moon. Punk didn't really say anything bad about Reigns, his anecdote with regards to Reigns and the Shield seemed more about the writing (we are going to put you over in a 3 on 1 match, but we want you to make them look strong!) than any sort of jab at Reigns himself. That's sort of the entirety of the issue. Reigns by all accounts could be a super nice guy. He could be someone who respects the business and wants to do well. He could, at some point, develop into a bankable superstar. It's not his fault the WWE is trying to rush that process and potentially ruining his career in the process.

Mahonay

Banned
I think everyone knew WELL BEFORE Punk's podcast expose that Reigns was in line to be pushed to the moon. Punk didn't really say anything bad about Reigns, his anecdote with regards to Reigns and the Shield seemed more about the writing (we are going to put you over in a 3 on 1 match, but we want you to make them look strong!) than any sort of jab at Reigns himself. That's sort of the entirety of the issue. Reigns by all accounts could be a super nice guy. He could be someone who respects the business and wants to do well. He could, at some point, develop into a bankable superstar. It's not his fault the WWE is trying to rush that process and potentially ruining his career in the process.
Steve Austin has said a few times how he feels bad about the shitty promos Reigns was getting handed, when in person he was an incredibly sharp and likable person.

I think Reigns, if given a chance to just be himself more, and not shoved down the audience's throat, could have been really over. The way WWE handled everything sabotaged him. I can only imagine how he feels today.

Fox318

Difference is he didn't come up through the indies or modern NXT.

They gave him flashy moves that they save for guys like him.

Radec

man, that Rumble was fucking awful.

Big Show and Kane and Reigns.

welp.

Good thing the goddess Steph graced us with her presence at the end.

That's because they weren't cheering Reigns, they were cheering "Guy that is not Batista". This year, Reigns is Batista.

Also, Reigns wasn't completely exposed a year ago.

Rollins looked like his top heel push was a little early when it started, but he improved noticeably on the mic and of course his moveset is fantastic. Reigns seems to have gotten worse on the mic instead of better and hasn't added to his moveset at all.

Rollins got more comfortable, Reigns is getting less comfortable.

Mahonay

Banned
Why do people hate Rusev? I see this as a popular trend, but I'm wondering? Is it his gimmick or how he barely talks and needs to rely on a manager for his mic skills?
That's not what he meant.

That audience was cheering for Rusev because they needed someone to cheer for against Reigns, who they knew was going to win.

Last year people got behind Reigns and started cheering for him when they knew Batista was going to win.

People generally really like Rusev. But he's a heel, we're not supposed to cheer for the anti-American character.

Why do people hate Rusev? I see this as a popular trend, but I'm wondering? Is it his gimmick or how he barely talks and needs to rely on a manager for his mic skills?

The joke is that Rusev is supposed to be this mega heel that everyone hates because he and Lana are extremely anti America and tell us to SHUTUP all the time etc. but they continue to book him like the biggest baby face in the company when he is frequently the victim of racism and disrespect from people like Swagger, Big Show, etc often put into situations where he's at a disadvantage but he finds a way to win over and over again. This of course leads to Rusev being generally well liked and being somewhat over with the fans in a way heels aren't technically supposed to.

That's not what he meant.

That audience was cheering for Rusev because they needed someone to cheer for against Reigns, who they knew was going to win.

Last year people got behind Reigns and started cheering for him when they knew Batista was going to win.

People generally really like Rusev. But he's a heel, we're not supposed to cheer for the anti-American character.

That's good to know. I was starting to think I was the only fan of his.

Mahonay

Banned
maybe Seth Rollins should be pushed.
He already is in the midst of a big push. He's getting a slower push with a story arch that makes sense. Rollins is the prime example of how to properly build your talent. Unfortunately he is a very rare case at the moment.

You don't need to force feed someone to the audience (like they just did with Reigns) for them to be pushed.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
He already is in the midst of a big push. He's getting a slower push with a story arch that makes sense. Rollins is the prime example of how to properly build your talent. Unfortunately he is a very rare case at the moment.

You don't need to force feed someone to the audience (like they just did with Reigns) for them to be pushed.

Yeah, they've done an amazing job with Rollins. It helps that Rollins is fantastic in the ring.

Fox318

I don't think people hate him.

He has improved in almost all areas.

His problem is he isn't really a heel outside of the Xenophopic gimmick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom