• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
@10k: So anyone can post you something and you write it down in this thread? Do you verify your sources (pm partners) in any way? If not the infos aren´t worth much.

People should not get hyped about anything in this thread or the crash could be very very hard/brutal when "NX" is announced ;)
Sorry for the slow response, it's the weekend and I'm actually playing games :0

Ok, so normally I verify these people and who they are, or they were verified by gaf before and just don't want to do the posting themselves.

This Spanish dude though, just PM'd me while I was typing the post and while he sounded believable (and after I posted it he told me to remove that part because of NDA) I didn't have time to verify so I put it in the post as a very weak rumor (T0.5).

If he was faking it, I don't know why he would ask me to remove it.

Not sure why people are talking about FFXV anyway, I think the FFVII remake has a better shot than that one.

For sure. I mentioned earlier in the thread. SE will probably be done with that game as soon as it's out on store shelves.

FFVII Remake is a timed exclusive at the very least, so it may come to NX somewhere down the line once all 3 games are out or something. The release strategy for it is strange, so I'm finding it hard to predict when it'd be ported to other platforms.

Asd202

For sure. I mentioned earlier in the thread. SE will probably be done with that game as soon as it's out on store shelves.

FFVII Remake is a timed exclusive at the very least, so it may come to NX somewhere down the line once all 3 games are out or something. The release strategy for it is strange, so I'm finding it hard to predict when it'd be ported to other platforms.

When all 3 games will be done we will be playing on NX 2 waiting for NX 3 :p.

Nanashrew

Banned
On the topic of JRPGs on Xbox. Xbox is not a brand really known for much Japanese output, especially JRPGs where it's full on anime. The market for those are on Sony and Nintendo with Sony having the lion's share.

Tales Studio, for example, has no plans to ever make another Xbox exclusive again because there is no market there for Japanese games in the east or west on their platform.

However some studios can still be very, very dumb still. Tales Studio, as an example again, can be be very dumb with this too and I've called them out a couple of times in not localizing the Tales games that came to Wii and DS despite the good market Nintendo has for JRPGs, especially so on their handheld side.

cinqpesetas

Neo Member
I can feel the reverse-fanboyism in your words. That leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

The PS4 is not selling gangbusters there. So if the NX ends up being a lot of people's first 'next gen' console, then FF15 could very well sell well enough, even if it's a late port.

Plus the director of FFXV has almost confirmed an enhanced PC port

I’m quite positive about the idea of ​​developing a PC version. This version could incorporate things that we were forced to abandon because of the limitations of home consoles. With the PC, this would be an opportunity to release a version far superior in terms of quality and tech. That said, if we choose to develop this project, the development will start from scratch by doing research of what would be the best technology to use.

It might not be a simple port of the console version.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/04/12/final-fantasy-xvs-pc-port-far-superior/

Do you see it coming ? FFXV on Nx + PC thanks to Vulkan

Asd202

On the topic of JRPGs on Xbox. Xbox is not a brand really known for much Japanese output, especially JRPGs where it's full on anime. The market for those are on Sony and Nintendo with Sony having the lion's share.

Tales Studio, for example, has no plans to ever make another Xbox exclusive again because there is no market there for Japanese games in the east or west on their platform.

However some studios can still be very, very dumb still. Tales Studio, as an example again, can be be very dumb with this too and I've called them out a couple of times in not localizing the Tales games that came to Wii and DS despite the good market Nintendo has for JRPGs, especially so on their handheld side.

Yeah I could see Tales studio putting games on NX maybe a Berseria port or the next game day one alongside the PS4. Would be fascinating to see the sales in Japanese market.

Kurt

One week until starfox is released. I'm sure that they will release a direct in some form? Anyway during that 5 days left for nx news, we
can focus on that game....

Loris146

I can feel the reverse-fanboyism in your words. That leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

The PS4 is not selling gangbusters there. So if the NX ends up being a lot of people's first 'next gen' console, then FF15 could very well sell well enough, even if it's a late port.

This is a big if anyway. We don't know nothing about NX ( confirmed info). We know that FF XV engine is fucking pain in the ass and the game ( PS4 and One version ) still need a lot and a lot and lot of polishing ( Gamesinformer podcast ). But yeah if NX will sell well maybe they'll make a port, why not.

beril

Square Enix owes Nintendo and it's fans games? hahahahaha

Also, why would people in Japan buy a late port of FFXV? 10k, I don't think it'd sell that much at all. Home console gaming is niche as it is already, the people who want to play FFXV will buy it on PS4 and be done with it. I sincerely doubt there are that many people, other than a handful of Nintendo fans who are holding out to play FFXV on a Nintendo system.

Would anyone buy any version of FFXV ever? I watched a friend play through the Platinum demo yesterday.. just let that series die already

Peterc

One week until starfox is released. I'm sure that they will release a direct in some form? Anyway during that 5 days left for nx news, we
can focus on that game....

How many directs did we got this year?

Wondering if they will do some more N directs once the NX is released.

Found this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhDUJvX90Gk

Nice way to show previous controllers from Nintendo. A good way to introduce the NX

Competitors are mostly afraid of trying something else (beside ps3 boomerang controller), but Nintendo doesn't give a F* ;)
I'm always curious what they will bring next.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still having a hard time imagining what Nintendo games with PS4-like hardware would even look like. I really hope we get an official unveil very soon.

Would anyone buy any version of FFXV ever? I watched a friend play through the Platinum demo yesterday.. just let that series die already

Not sure how the Platinum demo is indicative of anything besides being a tech demo. It certainly didn't have much to do with the story at all.

Ugh, that Gamepad 2.0 streaming rumor sounds dreadful. Didn't work for the Wii U, and I doubt it will work for the NX either. That's without even getting into all the problems with streaming games through Wi-Fi in most public places.

I'm really hoping it turns out to be some optional controller in the end. I really think the main controller should be a cheaper solution.

Snakeyes

Ugh, that Gamepad 2.0 streaming rumor sounds dreadful. Didn't work for the Wii U, and I doubt it will work for the NX either. That's without even getting into all the problems with streaming games through Wi-Fi in most public places.

Mory Dunz

Uh, I think they're gonna need to work on doing a PC port. Whether it takes months or years. Not doing one would be leaving money on the table imo. And without a pc port, FF might not even outsell something like splatoon lol.

Sorry for the slow response, it's the weekend and I'm actually playing games :0

Ok, so normally I verify these people and who they are, or they were verified by gaf before and just don't want to do the posting themselves.

This Spanish dude though, just PM'd me while I was typing the post and while he sounded believable (and after I posted it he told me to remove that part because of NDA) I didn't have time to verify so I put it in the post as a very weak rumor (T0.5).

If he was faking it, I don't know why he would ask me to remove it.

Thanks for responding (no need to rush) Fair enough, perhaps some things of this will come true, some not. I take it with a ton of salt though, cause i know how rumours spread and become facts. Nothing against your sources, but i got burned by Revolution and Wii U rumours ;)

notaskwid

Uh, I think they're gonna need to work on doing a PC port. Whether it takes months or years. Not doing one would be leaving money on the table imo. And without a pc port, FF might not even outsell something like splatoon lol.

So, it'll be the worse selling mainline Final Fantasy since the SNES?
It'll ship more that Splatoon ltd in one week.

Vena

That one isn't likely since 4th-gen GCN (as it would more likely be called since "GCN 1.x" is a term coined by the media) likely isn't even in the hands of many studios, or has only been there for a few months. It wouldn't be very useful.

You've missed the point of the example.

That's... fairly unsurprising if it becomes the case.

Neiteio

I think the potential is there for it to work well, if the tech is good and those same Wi-Fi hotspots normally provide high-speed Internet access (which most public places would provide just fine).

Personally, I'm just happy they're (allegedly) sticking with the GamePad, if only for the sake of the few franchises that make really good use of it (Mario Maker, Zelda, Splatoon, and I'd love another Nintendo Land).

imjust1n

Banned
For sure. Nintendo is still big in Japan. An FF on NX would outsell the Xbox version exponentially, while the Xbox one would maybe sell more than the NX version in the west.

There's no other console in Japan that can run these games besides PS4. If square wants a larger ROI they're gonna port these games to NX for at least the Japanese audience.

Where in the world are you getting this info? lol

Is there like people that just dont care about their jobs that want to make hype or something?
Maybe its conspiracy through nintendo to have certain people leak out info because if they do it themself other companies can steal their ideas.

So from what you "heard" the controller is just like the wii U controller just better looking? Its not its own console like the 3DS?

pooh

I was just looking over /u/dizzyzane_'s (on reddit) comments again about the OS builds he supposedly has:

There are four main builds:
Wii U/PPC - It is unlikely to be launched due to it requiring external storage just to install on 8GB devices. Even new ones right out of the box.
Wii U 2/PPC - Lower "TV" resolution (only 720p, but can't change it), no Wii BC outside of the eShop, no disk drive.
New device/ARM64 - One screen only, is not tied to a single "Hardware".
New device/AMD64 - No screens, scales to whatever hardware it is put on. Only interact-able via a command line for the moment.

I initially thought that the ARM64 build would be for the handheld device, but it would make more sense given 10k's info that it's tied to the controller. Perhaps the AMD64 would be for both the home and portable units. I'm still unsure of what the "Wii U 2" would be tied to. Maybe a Wii U mini running NX?

Vena

The one peculiar thing is that no one has actually come out of the woodwork in position of know, to challenge these rumors on hardware and such. Or even hint at it being incorrect.

In WUST, by this point, you had things unraveling from the SDKs and API information coming out.

Plus does anyone really want to drag their comparatively massive controller around, which they can only use at wifi points?

What would make far more sense is allow you to stream the NX to any screen you already have, like a phone or tablet, then have a much smaller bluetooth controller you can use with it.

Mory Dunz

The splatoon thing was a joke. Splatoon's LTD will probably end up around 6m imo.

But thinking about it....hm dunno. With just PS4 and Xbox, I don't see it doing more than XIII. I could see it doing more than IX.

Is this chart accurate for the older FFs? I remember seeing it on GAF:

fKT5388.jpg
Although I thought FF13 was near 7m

edit:
just saw your edit.
um...what lol.
I don't to turn this into a splatoon thing. That was just a offhand joke.

Snakeyes

I'm really hoping it turns out to be some optional controller in the end. I really think the main controller should be a cheaper solution.

It's not even that... If remote play is really supposed to be a big part of the NX console, then the controller's design will need to make concessions for a decent game streaming experience. That means a bigger screen, which in turn means another bulkier controller with sub-par battery life, all for the sake of accommodating a feature that was already rejected by the market once.

It's not even that... If remote play is really supposed to be a big part of the NX console, then the controller's design will need to make concessions for a decent game streaming experience. That means a bigger screen, which in turn means another bulkier controller with sub-par battery life, all for the sake of accommodating a feature that was already rejected by the market once.

It doesn't have to mean a bulkier controller at all.

I was just looking over /u/dizzyzane_'s (on reddit) comments again about the OS builds he supposedly has:

I initially thought that the ARM64 build would be for the handheld device, but it would make more sense given 10k's info that it's tied to the controller. Perhaps the AMD64 would be for both the home and portable units. I'm still unsure of what the "Wii U 2" would be tied to. Maybe a Wii U mini running NX?

"No Wii u BC except eshop" lol yeah I'm sure there are 3 ppc750s and 32mb of edram in this thing

The splatoon thing was a joke. Splatoon's LTD will probably end up around 6m imo.

But thinking about it....hm dunno. With just PS4 and Xbox, I don't see it doing more than XIII. I could see it doing more than IX.

edit:
just saw your edit.
um...what lol.

It certainly isn't going to be doing 1.9m in Japan, that's for sure. Might ship just over 1m LTD. Maybe. 3-4m in the west doesn't seem too far fetched. It'll fall short of FFXIII, but mostly due to Japan.

Neiteio

*brb, imagining Luigi's Mansion 3 with PS4K graphics, because no pics*

Mmm

Mmm

MMM!

Those were some good imaginings.

bachikarn

I unferstsnf where you're coming from, but if Zelda is considered a cross-gen port, I don't think its existence in the launch lineup necessarily precludes that of a Mario game.

I'm not sure if Zelda will end up a cross gen port. They most likely switched over to NX a while ago. It might be more like Destiny, which still had ps360 versions.

Red Devil

The one peculiar thing is that no one has actually come out of the woodwork in position of know, to challenge these rumors on hardware and such. Or even hint at it being incorrect.

In WUST, by this point, you had things unraveling from the SDKs and API information coming out.

Perhaps it'll be released later than what people are expecting.

The sub-par battery, sure not like any of the controllers' battery life is anything to lose breath about, and even then that's to be seen in this case, plus the market rejected the console on the whole not just that single feature... And even then still got to see how this whole streaming thing works(or if it's even real).

I'm not sure if Zelda will end up a cross gen port. They most likely switched over to NX a while ago. It might be more like Destiny, which still had ps360 versions.

Huh... Isn't that still a crossgen game?

notaskwid

edit:
just saw your edit.
um...what lol.

You were joking, ok lol, and I meant splatoon ltd now.
I think that Square is doing the right things to adapt the series to the current market landscape and that they'll manage to do near Witcher 3's numbers, maybe not just on PS4 and Xbox one though. It'll review well and it'll sell better than FFXIII, that's my prediction.

Malus

Perhaps it'll be released later than what people are expecting.

Yeah, I'm afraid we're all going to have to prepare for the worst case scenario. A December 2016 release, instead of November. The horror.

Take this with a grain of salt but some guy claiming to be IdeaMan's uncle PMed me saying he's 90% sure the NX is not going to be purple but that could have changed.

*Quits gaming*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom