• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: NX more powerful than PS4, Splatoon/Mario Maker ports in development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned
A rumor aggregator implies you're just pulling old rumors from various websites as opposed to finding "sources."
None of my rumors came from websites. They came from actual individuals. If those people are just taking website info and claiming it as their own, well then that's a different story.

Isn't that basically what he said?

edit:
So what is this Raiders of the Broken Planet game, and why should we care? Never heard it and the company so I'm asking
edit2: googling mercury steam leads me to see that they've made the newer castlevania games. Were those good?
People kind of liked the first one. The second one is bad, so is the portable game.
This is a 3v1 multiplayer game that will probably not be too good

Malus

None of my rumors came from websites. They came from actual individuals. If those people are just taking website info and claiming it as their own, well then that's a different story.

Then insider you are.

YOU CAN'T RUN AWAY FROM YOUR DESTINY 10k!

CmjZjs9.gif

I don't think taking a rumour from a DM is any better than taking it from a public site.

wut is dm

10k said to take it all with a pinch of salt, so I don't see the problem. It's all part of the fun of rumour season.

Personally, I don't believe much of this comes from any insider knowledge, and this kinda highlights why ascribing veracity based on number of sources - without properly tracing each back to its origin - skews everything. It's like ten newspaper reports, regurgitating the same lie, but people believing it because it's in ten papers.

We'll get the same rumours circulating anyway, so just be thankful there's a thread to keep tabs on them, and disregard most of it as hearsay and conjecture if you so wish.

thefro

I don't think taking a rumour from a DM is any better than taking it from a public site.

Right, it needs to be either from someone who's got some proven insider cred (journalist) or someone who can prove they work at one of those places, at least privately.

I wouldn't be posting something from a random DM on twitter if I were posting rumors.

Malus

Right, it needs to be either from someone who's got some proven insider cred (journalist) or someone who can prove they work at one of those places, at least privately.

Well, that's what Gaf verification is meant for, to prove that he has sources that are in a position to know what they know.

Of couse, it seems Nirolak gave him a bootleg verification, so I dunno. :p

Banned
All my convos took place within Twitter direct messages or Gaf private messages (yes some gaffers gave me that info you're reading in those posts).

What do you want from me? Text messages from devs? Dev kit screen shots? A pic of my sources pointing and smiling at the Nintendo logo in the front entrance of Nintendo HQ?

It's a method of communication. It doesn't discredit anything.

You're implying I just put "NX rumor" in Google and grabbed any rumor I could and passed it as my sources? Because Nirolak can verify that isn't the case.

And I labeled that rumor T0.5 because it was a short convo with a Spanish guy who claimed he had info on that studio.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The consequent question, then, is: is RevoGamers reliable with their rumours? Especially when they're about a Spanish developer like MercurySteam?

maxcriden

To be fair that should be for certain if Zelda is a launch title, either 2D or 3D Mario.

I unferstsnf where you're coming from, but if Zelda is considered a cross-gen port, I don't think its existence in the launch lineup necessarily precludes that of a Mario game.

dukeoflegs

I want to know how many screen controllers can connect to the system at once? If it is only one like the Wii U then they have failed to advance their technology and ideas, but if it's more then I see a lot of potential.

Also was there ever a Dungeons and Dragons game made for the Wii U? That controller wqs perfect for a DM.

MuchoMalo

Banned
How do you know?

But who wants to buy it when ps4k is released?

Wonder if they want to bring it to 7y instead of 5y cycle each gen.
Sony talked about is after the ps3 was released.

You're approaching this question the wrong way. Why would someone buy a console mid-gen instead of at the beginning? There are two reasons: waiting for the library to build, or waiting for the price to fall. The PS4k will mainly appeal to people who only fall into the first group, especially if it costs $500. I just see the PS4 having more appeal unless you're also looking for a 4k Blu-Ray player/media box. NX has it even worse of course, but I don't see how just throwing more power at the problem solves anything. They need to build a healthy install base, and I don't know how big of an audience "people who are willing to pay more for better graphics but don't want to buy a PC" really is.

If PS4k is real, it'll obviously push this generation to be 6-8 years long (if the traditional idea of a generation even still exists).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
All my convos took place within Twitter direct messages or Gaf private messages (yes some gaffers gave me that info you're reading in those posts).

What do you want from me? Text messages from devs? Dev kit screen shots? A pic of my sources pointing and smiling at the Nintendo logo in the front entrance of Nintendo HQ?

You're implying I just put "NX rumor" in Google and grabbed any rumor I could and passed it as my sources? Because Nirolak can verify that isn't the case.

And I labeled that rumor T0.5 because it was a short convo with a Spanish guy who claimed he had info on that studio.

Fine. I thought we have some standards for rumours around here. Especially for the ones that have a dedicated thread. Because at this point is outrageously practically a NXST thread. Not that I mind. Hopefully not too many people will be disappointed.

nikatapi

Dude, don't take it personally. It's all good, speculation and rumor discussion, of course some people will be more sceptical than others. Keep it up and bring dem rumors. That's the fun.

Red Devil

I'm interested in what medium the games will be distributed. Discs? Cartridges? Digital? Physical versions with digital codes?

Heh, the reaction of people if they went back to cartridges, talk about outrage.

I bet it's going to be either all digital(sadly) or some sort of Blu-Ray like propietary disc.

Nintendo personnel who are lurking in this thread: cant you see what this damned silence is doing to us!?

Your fault, not theirs.

I unferstsnf where you're coming from, but if Zelda is considered a cross-gen port, I don't think its existence in the launch lineup necessarily precludes that of a Mario game.

It's still a mainline Zelda. Plus if Super Mario Maker is being relaunched for it, I think a new 2D/3D Mario might not come until 2017 the earliest(assuming the thing is released later this year).

Koren

This fallacy is getting old... Nintendo has ALWAYS had a policy of withered technology (older tech that can be produced cheaply and make a profit). It wasn't Nintendo that changed it's policies, it was everyone around them that did.
I agree, except in the (arguably special) Famicom case.

The hardware wasn't that old, and in fact it was a step above competition in 1983 (like Atari) at nearly half the price. And they sold it at cost, without profit on hardware.

Elfteiroh

I want to know how many screen controllers can connect to the system at once? If it is only one like the Wii U then they have failed to advance their technology and ideas, but if it's more then I see a lot of potential.

Also was there ever a Dungeons and Dragons game made for the Wii U? That controller wqs perfect for a DM.
If only there was!! If I had the money and personnel to pull it off, I would do one in an heartbeat!

The closest we have is that Hex Heroes Party RTS game where the Gamepad play an RTS and the others play the minions.... And that game is still in dev.

The consequent question, then, is: is RevoGamers reliable with their rumours? Especially when they're about a Spanish developer like MercurySteam?
This is what matters. I don't care about 10k in terms of who his sources are. What matters now is this websites "sources" good or not?

MuchoMalo

Banned
Fine. I thought we have some standards for rumours around here. Especially for the ones that have a dedicated thread. Because at this point is outrageously practically a NXST thread. But that I mind. Hopefully not too many people will be disappointed.

Sounds like you've already decided that this is from the fake phase lol.

Here's the thing that you're forgetting though: The Wii U specs that IGN got were not fake. They were either based on the early dev kits (which tend to have more powerful hardware than the final kits), or the specs changed. It's not a coincidence that they nailed the GPU architecture, after all. At this point, it would be too late to change the specs, so these specs are most likely either not representative of the final hardware or flat-out fake. If there's any truth to the Polaris stuff, then that would mean that it's based on target specs and not actual hardware.

My guess is that the dev kits are twice as powerful as PS4 and the final specs will be 20-40% faster.

Vena

Fine. I thought we have some standards for rumours around here. Especially for the ones that have a dedicated thread. Because at this point is outrageously practically a NXST thread. Not that I mind. Hopefully not too many people will be disappointed.

Ya, no. This is nothing like WUST. WUST was unbridled lunacy of expectations, insider teasing, and "oh wait the specs are actually worse" collapse after months of hype and high riding expectations of "next gen power".

There are zero insiders saying a single word directly, everyone is having a hard time even believing the hardware rumors, and everyones expectations are rock bottom to begin with with people regularly talking about par with the X1 or par with PS4. The one detail we've even heard with any veracity came much to the surprise of most of us with the CPU supposedly hitting in at 15-30% over the X1's.

Just because you say it is like a thing doesn't actually make it anything like said thing. And everyone should be taking this information with a grain of salt.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Sounds like you've already decided that this is from the fake phase lol.

Here's the thing that you're forgetting though: The Wii U specs that IGN got were not fake. They were either based on the early dev kits (which tend to have more powerful hardware than the final kits), or the specs changed. It's not a coincidence that they nailed the GPU architecture, after all. At this point, it would be too late to change the specs, so these specs are most likely either not representative of the final hardware or flat-out fake. If there's any truth to the Polaris stuff, then that would mean that it's based on target specs and not actual hardware.

My guess is that the dev kits are twice as powerful as PS4 and the final specs will be 20-40% faster.

There are no devkits according to the same source. Just target specs and SDK. At least for 10k's sources.

Guymelef

What amazes me is how today some "sources" know that a indie game like Mercury Steam game is coming to NX but not a single rumor about it before being announced yesterday...

I'm relatively newer gaffer and I didn't lurk much before applying. Has the Nintendo hype/rumour train always been this intense? =P

Yup, pretty much. Lots of Nintendo threads usually have lots of discussion. The more interesting threads imo since they're a bit different than sony or ms.

Probably the most it's ever been though since we have more members than back in the wii days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom