• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be purchasing anything nintendo related again. My Wii has collected dust and I was severely bored with both mario galaxy games (the systems apparent best). Hell the only games I have really enjoyed was Madworld and the No More Heroes games. Times have changed, nintendo needs to get with the page and stop shoving old shit on tired rehashed ideas.

P.S. rachet & clank did every thing Galaxy did first

antonz

I dont know maybe I have low standards for consoles but if the Wii2 is like 3 times more powerful graphically than the 360 and Ps3 I will be more than content and not give a shit if the PS4 is 4 or 5 times more.

I have my Gaming PC to count every follicle of hair etc on a character

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
JABEE said:
I've gone away from this thread for a day and there is an HD screen on a dual analog controller with a Nintendo Console with much better graphics fidelity than the PS3. I can't wait for E3!

what infers this?

Deku

Banned
Microsoft and Sony isn't going to wait for a 30M installed base to respond, and if they do or if the platform somehow sells out that fast, well that's another story.

The most plausible scenario is Nintendo beats everyone to market by around six months. It will likely launch first if not 2nd in a close 1 week/1month race with Microsoft.

Sony will come in last. But frankly, I think Pachter and those who believe they needed to launch in 2009 had it all wrong. Nintendo waited for Sony and Microsoft to literally have sunk between then a billion in marketing, developing their motion tech to launch this.

So instead of an easy lets jump ship, they've got to worry about their investments, and more importantly 3rd parties just finishing up work or about to begin work on the tech.

Either way, this first mover advantage was predicted long ago. It's really up to them to decide how much they want to take it to their competition.

Balb said:
Would the tech really make you feel differently about the console if you don't like the games though?
I love nintendo first party, well.. sans wii sports and such... but the mario games always pose a challenge.. i like it.

seady said:
Basically that whole IGN 'editorial' is bitching on the codename. "OMG the name is so stupid", "LOL the name sounds like McDonald", "The name is so stupid the console will tank".

Did I mention it is an unconfirmed codename?

Games journalism hard at work.

Branduil

TheFuryMGS3 said:
hjvKJ.gif

TheFuryMGS3 said:
I won't be purchasing anything nintendo related again. My Wii has collected dust and I was severely bored with both mario galaxy games (the systems apparent best). Hell the only games I have really enjoyed was Madworld and the No More Heroes games. Times have changed, nintendo needs to get with the page and stop shoving old shit on tired rehashed ideas.

This is either a good troll or a bad person.
I can't tell...
Deku said:
Microsoft and Sony isn't going to wait for a 30M installed base to respond, and if they do or if the platform somehow sells out that fast, well that's another story.

The most plausible scenario is Nintendo beats everyone to market by around six months. It will likely launch first if not 2nd in a close 1 week/1month race with Microsoft.

Sony will come in last. But frankly, I think Pachter and those who believe they needed to launch in 2009 had it all wrong. Nintendo waited for Sony and Microsoft to literally have sunk between then a billion in marketing, developing their motion tech to launch this.

So instead of an easy lets jump ship, they've got to worry about their investments, and more importantly 3rd parties just finishing up work or about to begin work on the tech.

Either way, this first mover advantage was predicted long ago. It's really up to them to decide how much they want to take it to their competition.

I reeeeaaly don't see MS launching a new console next year. At all. Especially with Kinect just out.

antonz said:
I dont know maybe I have low standards for consoles but if the Wii2 is like 3 times more powerful graphically than the 360 and Ps3

It won't, the 3Ds was supposed to be the second coming of christ and look how that played out

J-Rock

Banned
TheFuryMGS3 said:

This isn't a Nintendo bitchfest thread people. Good god.

onken

bh7812 said:
I'm just gonna throw something out here, my guess as to what may play out over the next few years and leave it here. I know some who read it will probably be quick to dismiss it but the more I read over this last year and really think about it this is what I think might pan out:

There's so much wrong with this post I don't have time to pick it all apart but:

-Apple might make a new console, gee what dazzling insight I can't believe nobody else thought of that
-Microsoft not bringing out a next gen console is stupidly implausible, nobody with a half a brain would entertain it for a minute. All 3 companies need the core market to survive long-term (Wii has illustrated this perfectly) and Kinect is not going to cut it.
-There will be a PS4, end of story. It won't be as stupidly expensive as PS3 was but that will be much less of a problem this time round anyway.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
-COOLIO- said:
what infers this?
4000s series GPU part pretty much guarantees. it.

Quoting myself:

Tu put things into perspective:

Xenos (360): 48 shaders, 16 TFU, 8 ROPs

HD 4350 (Super low-end R7xx GPU): 80 shaders, 16 TFU, 4 ROPs.
HD 4650 (Low end, gaming grade GPU): 320 shaders, 32 TFU, 8 ROPs.
HD 4870x2 ("family" highest end GPU): 1600 shaders, 80 TFU, 32 ROPS.

TheFuryMGS3 said:

Do your parents know you're up posting past your bed time?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
snackman said:
Nintendo got lucky twice Pokemon and Wii could've put the company under had they not done well but they got lucky.

Even if the Wii sold just 100 consoles Nintendo would still be around. Pokemon... the Gameboy would have tanked but the GameBoy Color came out a couple years later anyways, in reality the GB was overdue to die.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheFuryMGS3 said:

Umm... lol?

You're about four years late with this (completely wrong) troll, btw.

elrechazao said:
Because the op insinuates that this will have 512 of ram?

Technically, it says AT LEAST, meaning final specs could be unknown at this point, and would also explain the discrepancies in what people think of the N6's power.

rekameohs

Banned
TheFuryMGS3 said:

I'm annoyed that you're tarnishing MGS3 with your username and that post.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Lonely1 said:
4000s series GPU part pretty much guarantees. it.

Quoting myself:

Tu put things into perspective:

Xenos (360): 48 shaders, 16 TFU, 8 ROPs

HD 4350 (Super low-end R7xx GPU): 80 shaders, 16 TFU, 4 ROPs.
HD 4650 (Low end, gaming grade GPU): 320 shaders, 32 TFU, 8 ROPs.
HD 4870x2 ("family" highest end GPU): 1600 shaders, 80 TFU, 32 ROPS.
that'd kind of relief, i want a significant graphical increase but a moderate increase means it's a viable purchase for me if everything else about the system is amazing. if the motion control is really cutting edge then i could buy it with 360 graphics but i doubt thatll happen.

Krowley

antonz said:
I dont know maybe I have low standards for consoles but if the Wii2 is like 3 times more powerful graphically than the 360 and Ps3 I will be more than content and not give a shit if the PS4 is 4 or 5 times more.

I have my Gaming PC to count every follicle of hair etc on a character

That's me.

Honestly, shit already looks amazing on the current hd systems. It's not just a question of comparisons anymore. Stuff just objectively looks good now.

From here on out, you're basically just talking about escalating through different levels of amazingness.

Door2Dawn said:
It's a fucking rumor. Piss and moan about it when it turns out to be true.
The entire thread is a fucking rumor, which is being discussed here on the basis that the rumor is based on fact. You don't get to pick and choose "oh it will be more powerful than X console" then eliminate another part of the rumor because you happen to not like it.

Why are you in this thread at all if not to discuss the rumors?

JABEE

-COOLIO- said:
that'd kind of relief, i want a significant graphical increase but a moderate increase means it's a viable purchase for me if everything else about the system is amazing. if the motion control is really cutting edge then i could buy it with 360 graphics but i doubt thatll happen.
If the Wii 2 came out at $250-300 and had HD Mario and Zelda with graphics capable of matching the PS3 I'd be extremely interested.

Jarmel

Banned
The more I read this, the more ridiculous and stupid it sounds. I will not be using a tablet controller for any sort of gaming if there aren't buttons somewhere, period. Also the fact that it's barely more powerful than the 360 is utterly sad.

Door2Dawn

Banned
elrechazao said:
The entire thread is a fucking rumor, which is being discussed here on the basis that the rumor is based on fact. You don't get to pick and choose "oh it will be more powerful than X console" then eliminate another part of the rumor because you happen to not like it.
Who's doing that?

rekameohs said:
I'm annoyed that you're tarnishing MGS3 with your username and that post.

What is so fresh about galaxy? It felt like major deja vu, I had seen almost every concept in another game despite people claiming its creativity. I guess different strokes, for different folks.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Door2Dawn said:
It's a fucking rumor. Piss and moan about it when it turns out to be true.
you bitched about losing avatar quoting like a week ago and you wanna talk about pissing and moaning?

Jarmel said:
The more I read this, the more ridiculous and stupid it sounds. I will not be using a tablet controller for any sort of gaming if there aren't buttons somewhere, period. Also the fact that it's barely more powerful than the 360 is utterly sad.

Every rumor so far has said it'll basically be the Wavebird/CCPro but with a screen as well.

Door2Dawn said:
Who's doing that?
You for one, taking issue with one rumor by flipping out over one comment on said rumor, yet apparently not doing the same for anyone else discussing any of the other equally plausible rumors from the OP. I'll have to read back and see if you jumped anyone's shit about the 6 inch screen info. Or the fact that this shit even exists rumor...I could go on.

sfried

TheFuryMGS3 said:
What is so fresh about galaxy? It felt like major deja vu, I had seen almost every concept in another game despite people claiming its creativity. I guess different strokes, for different folks.
Ugh. This thread is so filled with...ugh.

Also rumors and speculation. I wouldn't be surprised if half of this turned out to be not true.

Krowley said:
That's me.

Honestly, shit already looks amazing on the current hd systems. It's not just a question of comparisons anymore. Stuff just objectively looks good now.

From here on out, you're basically just talking about escalating through different levels of amazingness.
Sorry but people thought the same about games on the Xbox and GC. Now many of the games look like crap. PS3 and 360 games lack of AA stick out like a sore thumb. Some games look good when its not trying to look realistic (U2) but when they attempt realism no thanks. Jaggies galore.

Door2Dawn

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
you bitched about losing avatar quoting like a week ago and you wanna talk about pissing and moaning?
I wasn't "bitching". I just wanted know what was going on..

You for one

Nope.

taking issue with one rumor by flipping out over one comment on said rumor, yet apparently not doing the same for anyone else discussing any of the other equally plausible rumors from the OP.

Nope.

I'll have to read back and see if you jumped anyone's shit about the 6 inch screen info. Or the fact that this shit even exists rumor...I could go on

And you won't find a single thing. So please do go on if you can try.

mantidor

It's probably been asked a million times and is likely completely buried in the thread, but how the hell did Nintendo let this slip under them? where are the Nintendo ninjas? I've never seen such a big leak from them before. could it have been done on purpose? I just don't understand this at all.

Boney

Banned
mantidor said:
It's probably been asked a million times and is likely completely buried in the thread, but how the hell did Nintendo let this slip under them? where are the Nintendo ninjas? I've never seen such a big leak from them before. could it have been done on purpose? I just don't understand this at all.
i killed them all

mantidor said:

Well two possibilities.
1. It's a controlled leak to try and curb investors from panicking.
2. That's what you get for giving Western devs access to kits months in advance.

antonz

mantidor said:
The theory is based on IGN saying an announcement is coming this month that People were given info to sit on by sources but opted to spill the beans. Once the beans are spilled people with info are suddenly far more willing to talk.

If IGN is right and an announcement is coming it will be on the 26th in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom