• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A.KU.MU said:
Just a bit of speculation.

The first Skyward Sword screenshots were in 720p. Could the screenshots be a nod to the game being delayed until the next console is released?

Don't think so, it's just a common practice.

TheOddOne

apana said:
HD Mario, now more hardcore:

Super_Mario_Warfare_by_agentscarlet--article_image.jpg
Captain Price?!

Pocks

Woffls said:
Right, but how many people's tags are words you'll find in the dictionary? If I say to someone, and this would be a basic example, "oh hey, my gamer tag is woffls, but that's woffls without the a, and with an o instead. Oh, and drop the e. So can you remember that?" At which point you might as well write it down.

Surely we could all remember a single 12 digit number to give people when they ask? Or am I just wired differently? I memorise my debit card numbers xD

You're right. The issue here isn't friend codes, it's the ability to send/receive friend invitations.

If Nintendo fixes that issue, I'll be happy.

Kibbles

Jeez the news gets worse and worse. No multitouch? lol. Graphics and RAM on par with the 360? All this in a 2012 console?

watershed

Banned
You know what this thread needs? More leaks and rumors! We're running on pure speculation right now, we need more info to feed the beast.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Kibbles said:
Jeez the news gets worse and worse. No multitouch? lol. Graphics and RAM on par with the 360? All this in a 2012 console?

thisisnintendodude.gif

A.KU.MU said:
Just a bit of speculation.

The first Skyward Sword screenshots were in 720p. Could the screenshots be a nod to the game being delayed until the next console is released?

lol, no. Almost all press screenshots released are 5000 or so pixels wide, then downsampled.

antonz

artwalknoon said:
You know what this thread needs? More leaks and rumors! We're running on pure speculation right now, we need more info to feed the beast.
Best thing we could do would be to delete stuff on specs etc. We know the US sites are talking out of their ass because the very site they reference is not confirming anything the US sites are saying is confirmed

Pocks said:
You're right. The issue here isn't friend codes, it's the ability to send/receive friend invitations.

If Nintendo fixes that issue, I'll be happy.
This.

I really don't mind the Friend Codes... the numbers are not the problem... the no requests is the real problem.

apana

antonz said:
Best thing we could do would be to delete stuff on specs etc. We know the US sites are talking out of their ass because the very site they reference is not confirming anything the US sites are saying is confirmed

Agreed, even with the 3DS the spec rumors kind of fucked up threads. Even after 3DS was released and we saw pictures of what it could do, people refused to believe it.

Woffls

Pocks said:
Aye that pisses me off. It's totally dumb, and there should just be an option in Parental Controls that allows you to see friend requests. I mean, there's an option to play M/18 rated games in Parental Controls, so why not this as well? Are random friend requests more damaging to children than decapitation? Probably not.

apana

Chittagong said:
some one needs to do the Nintendo HW announcements version of Sonic cycle

What's the cycle? Hardware is rumored and people complain about graphics and gimmick. Hardware is then released and people continue to complain about graphics and gimmick.

shadyspace said:
Wasn't a source saying that third-parties have in-game footage to show at E3?

Big Western third parties (Ubisoft, EA, Activision) has apparently had dev kits for months and would have stuff to show at E3, yes.
That is the rumor.

antonz

shadyspace said:
Wasn't a source saying that third-parties have in-game footage to show at E3?
IGN says we will see 1st and 3rd Party games at E3.

Another rumor came up to expect Pikman 3 to make its debut for the Wii 2 in video form.

SO they seem to somewhat confirm each other but who knows. Video form of debuts makes the most sense if it is a fall 2012 launch

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
My big issue with the Nintendo Wii was that it wasn't in HD, so a future console that fixes this issue fixes what I see as the issue.

If Nintendo does go for power, I hope that they also make it reliable as heck. The Gamecube was a very current console for its time and it was rock solid and reliable. Heck, the Gamecube is a marvel of engineering considering just how much silicon was crammed in such a small space.

apana

crazy monkey said:
being a name cafe means there will be emphasis on socialization aspect in wii2.

lol I guess it could be true but probably it doesn't have any connection to the code name.

Being fair, most of the NGP and 3DS rumors were pretty reliable (outside of the 360-like graphics comment for the 3DS).

I predict a Dreamcast-like next generation update from Nintendo. A 3/4th jump.

The lack of friend invites though is a just a software thing that Nintendo can eventually change. Right now it's sorely missed, but Nintendo is new at this whole integrated online system thing so I'm willing to cut them some slack and give them some time to get their shit in order. At least they're trying now, which is more than could be said about the Wii and DS.

Flying_Phoenix said:
Being fair, most of the NGP and 3DS rumors were pretty reliable (outside of the 360-like graphics comment for the 3DS).

That's what I expect too. It should easily beat the pants off the current hardware, but Sony and Microsoft will no doubt trump it when they release their systems.

apana

Flying_Phoenix said:

So almost a full generational leap? No one is predicting that in here.

Woffls

AceBandage said:
Big Western third parties (Ubisoft, EA, Activision) has apparently had dev kits for months and would have stuff to show at E3, yes.
That is the rumor.
Was that two separate rumours? One said they had dev kits, but another said that Nintendo and 3rd parties would have stuff to show at E3? I really don't know now, this whole thing is incredibly disjointed. I'm not even sure on the original sources now, is it GI, 01Net and Reilly?

I think this will be an utter mess until Nintendo make a statement. I'm not complaining, though, because it's always fun :D

antonz

Flying_Phoenix said:

well yeah but what the issue now is Site A says "they have no info on hardware but because it is going to be an HD system it has to have at least 512MB of ram".

Site B,C,D,E report Site A says Confirmed 512MB of ram!

Then we get 500 posts a day of people bitching and moaning on specs that arent even revealed yet

Willy105 said:
Wait a minute.

I just realized what the controller is....

0078513830416_300X300.jpg

I find this interesting. The motion controller would attach to the screen/tablet, which would let you play touch games on the screen that are also on the TV, hence the streaming video to the screen. Every system comes with one screen attachment, and you can buy more, but I expect them to be higher priced. Easy for iOS games to be ported over to Project Cafe in HD and let's Nintendo compete with the app market by having these games on their eShop. I kinda expect this to be Nintendo's answer to the tablet, but within their console ecosystem with connectivity.

boiled goose

good with gravy
AceBandage said:
There's no pleasing some people.
If they went balls to the wall high end, we'd have people screaming about a $600 console again.
If they go with a moderate increase over the 360, we have graphics whores crying about "NOT ENOUGH SHINES!"

umm i think u are missing the most obvious middle ground where most ppl would be happy.
(comfortably a gen ahead of current systems which are 5 years old) no need to be balls to the wall high end.

Woffls said:
Was that two separate rumours? One said they had dev kits, but another said that Nintendo and 3rd parties would have stuff to show at E3? I really don't know now, this whole thing is incredibly disjointed. I'm not even sure on the original sources now, is it GI, 01Net and Reilly?

I think this will be an utter mess until Nintendo make a statement. I'm not complaining, though, because it's always fun :D

Edge was reporting the third parties already having dev kits for a while.

I think the original leak was GameInformer and IGN.

dvolovets

apana said:
So almost a full generational leap? No one is predicting that in here.
Actually, I think a full generational leap relative to the Wii's horsepower is very reasonable. Of course, nobody has any idea what the heck is going on in the first place... but personally speaking, I fully expect Project Cafe to essentially be a PS3+ in terms of horsepower. As disappointing and potentially devastating to third party relations as that may be, I for one am looking forward to seeing what Nintendo's first party output will look like with that kind of power.

But you have to consider what Sony and Microsoft will be doing for their next-gen consoles. I highly, HIGHLY doubt that the next set of consoles will see as drastic of a graphical jump as PS2 --> PS3. So Nintendo's console might not be so far removed from whatever technical standard is in place for the next set of consoles.

apana

Lonely1 said:
Dolphin had a clear connection with marine mammals, though.

They should have each codename be an anagram. That way these threads could be even more fun.

Tom Marvolo Riddle-----> I am Lord Voldemort!

Touwiich-------> I am Wii Touch!

anagram fail

WillyFive

kitchenmotors said:
I find this interesting. The motion controller would attach to the screen/tablet, which would let you play touch games on the screen that are also on the TV, hence the streaming video to the screen. Every system comes with one screen attachment, and you can buy more, but I expect them to be higher priced. Easy for iOS games to be ported over to Project Cafe in HD and let's Nintendo compete with the app market by having these games on their eShop. I kinda expect this to be Nintendo's answer to the tablet, but within their console ecosystem with connectivity.

Yeah. Not only that, that tablet has been very popular, enough to support it's own game library.

farnham

Banned
apana said:
HD Zelda:

360-7026-zelda.jpg
oh wow... so nintendo finally is going third party huh

looks like they just opted to give the zelda franchise to some random third party

not that zelda is any premier title nowadays but still.. ugh

watershed

Banned
dvolovets said:
Actually, I think a full generational leap relative to the Wii's horsepower is very reasonable. Of course, nobody has any idea what the heck is going on in the first place... but personally speaking, I fully expect Project Cafe to essentially be a PS3+ in terms of horsepower. As disappointing and essentially devastating to third party relations as that may be, I for one am looking forward to seeing what Nintendo's first party output will look like with that kind of power.

But you have to consider what Sony and Microsoft will be doing for their next-gen consoles. I highly, HIGHLY doubt that the next set of consoles will see as drastic of a graphical jump as PS2 --> PS3. So Nintendo's console might not be so far removed from whatever technical standard is in place for the next set of consoles.

I agree with almost everything in this post and so I second it. Its guaranteed to be a full "generational leap" ahead of the Wii at minimum. The rest who knows. Also by and large I can't see the difference between AAA 3rd party games on the 360 vs the PS3 so all these posters saying it can't be just better than the 360 it has to be better than the PS3 means nothing to my eyes.

apana said:
They should have each codename be an anagram. That way these threads could be even more fun.

Tom Marvolo Riddle-----> I am Lord Voldemort!

Touwiich-------> I am Wii Touch!

anagram fail

Cafe---> Face

Nintendo Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom