• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is NO WAY GTAV will be exclusive for POWER Wii. But it is truly huge surprise if it will be on POWER Wii at launch window. lol (maybe with better graphics compare to PS360)

I don't think GTAV will be N6 exclusive, but maybe at least N6 will be the lead dev platform. That being said, OP needs (yet another) update to reflect the 01net rumors.

Joey Fox said:
How substantial is just getting Rockstar, though? All of their games are pretty much in the same genre, with L.A. Noire being the first game of theirs that I personally am interested in.

It'd be like the Gamecube getting Resident Evil games, but worse, because there's no exclusivity attached to it. Nintendo either needs a new IP with broad appeal to the teenage crowd, or they'll need to get actual 3rd party exclusives to really kick off the console right.

Well really though, what have been the biggest games for the 360 and PS3 in the past generation? The Call of Duty games. And they aren't exclusive. I don't think exclusives really matter at this point, unless you have a particularly strong first party line-up, like Sony and Nintendo seem to usually have.

antonz

Just want to reiterate.

The GTAV on Wii2 statement Said NOTHING about exclusive. Just that it would likely launch in the Luanch window and appear on the Wii2. Gaffers are adding extra speculative fluff and distorting it

antonz said:
Just want to reiterate.

The GTAV on Wii2 statement Said NOTHING about exclusive. Just that it would likely launch in the Luanch window and appear on the Wii2. Gaffers are adding extra speculative fluff and distorting it

Yeah...
Not sure where everyone got exclusive from...

Big One

Banned
Just a thought on Final Fantasy btw

qmGLB.gif

What if?

watershed

Banned
Man, I go to work for a few hours and suddenly all this new stuff? Is the OP gonna be updated or can someone bring me up to speed with what's rumored today?

I see this GTAV rumor and let me say now there is no way its gonna be a console exclusive, if that's what some people are saying. But it would make an amazing launch game if the game comes out at the same time on all three consoles.

artwalknoon said:
Man, I go to work for a few hours and suddenly all this new stuff? Is the OP gonna be updated or can someone bring me up to speed with what's rumored today?

I see this GTAV rumor and let me say now there is no way its gonna be a console exclusive, if that's what some people are saying. But it would make an amazing launch game if the game comes out at the same time on all three consoles.

Really nothing new besides the R* rumor.
Other than IGN teasing a picture of the N6 controller.

ryan-ts

GAF is too consistent. If a thread goes on long enough, eventually there's going to be someone ranking the Final Fantasy games.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
ryan-ts said:
GAF is too consistent. If a thread goes on long enough, eventually there's going to be someone ranking the Final Fantasy games.

you're just trying to dodge the issue. 9 is obviously the best.

stop trying to change the subject, and play chocobo hot and cold before people get upset.

artwalknoon said:

Pretty much this:

- Rockstar has a dev kit
- working on GTA V (which is sure to hit PS3/360 as well)
- hoping to have it available at launch
- system still looking at a late 2012 launch (June in Japan is last we heard)
- expect tech demos and some games shown at E3
-01net also reiterates that they've heart that the console is a "notch" above the 360 in the graphics dept.

brochiller said:
Pretty much this:

- Rockstar has a dev kit
- working on GTA V (which is sure to hit PS3/360 as well)
- hoping to have it available at launch
- system still looking at a late 2012 launch (June in Japan is last we heard)
- expect tech demos and some games shown at E3
-01net also reiterates that they've heart that the console is a "notch" above the 360 in the graphics dept.

*sigh*

no no no.

PEOPLE: WE NEED TO GET THIS STRAIGHT, FOR GOD'S SAKE

01net has reiterated many MANY times that they have no clue when it comes to the system's power, they've just heard that it's architecture is vaguely similar to the 360s. That is ALL they know regarding specs.

We honestly don't know much of anything about its power other than it's capable of HD graphics and has similar architecture to the 360.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
DeathbyVolcano said:
Well really though, what have been the biggest games for the 360 and PS3 in the past generation? The Call of Duty games. And they aren't exclusive. I don't think exclusives really matter at this point, unless you have a particularly strong first party line-up, like Sony and Nintendo seem to usually have.

Well, if I wasn't a fan of Nintendo games, and I already had a 360 or PS3, why would I buy the new Nintendo console if it didn't have non-Nintendo exclusives?

I think Graphics would have to be noticeably better. Either that, or the games would need awesome features only possible with the new console. No way better to show off new features than with exclusives. Otherwise you get janky, gimmicky implementation.

Big One said:
I'm pretty positive 10 and 13 sold a lot more than 8

No they didn't. Not XIII at least, which only sold a bit more than XII.

I think VIII and X are pretty close. I don't know the numbers, but VIII definitely sold a lot due to VII's popularity.

Versus XIII to Wii2? Let's not delay this game any further please.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also the thing about GTAV... if it hits when the Wii 2 launch and it is indeed coming out on other consoles, that means that it is probably being made for PS3 and 360 as well. And this sets the precedent that it's OK to port current gen games to Wii 2, which I don't know if I like.

watershed

Banned
DeathbyVolcano said:
*sigh*

no no no.

01net has reiterated many MANY times that they have no clue when it comes to the system's power, they've just heard that it's architecture is vaguely similar to the 360s. That is ALL they know regarding specs.

We honestly don't know much of anything about its power other than it's capable of HD graphics and has similar architecture to the 360.

Okay cool cuz I was just about to write a post agreeing with all the bullet points but hating the last one. Good to clear things up tho, and thanks everyone for the update.

Big One

Banned
H_Prestige said:
No they didn't. Not XIII at least, which only sold a bit more than XII.

I think VIII and X are pretty close. I don't know the numbers, but VIII definitely sold a lot due to VII's popularity.
Well all I know is that both X and XIII sold enough to get a sequel so...

Andrex said:
Also the thing about GTAV... if it hits when the Wii 2 launch and it is indeed coming out on other consoles, that means that it is probably being made for PS3 and 360 as well. And this sets the precedent that it's OK to port current gen games to Wii 2, which I don't know if I like.

Why wouldn't it be, exactly?
The 360 was still getting PS2 ports when it came out.

ryan-ts

beelzebozo said:
you're just trying to dodge the issue. 9 is obviously the best.

stop trying to change the subject, and play chocobo hot and cold before people get upset.

They don't need your help to dissolve this thread into nonsense.

ryan-ts said:

Hahaha, well we've already gotten people talking about holograms. EVERY SINGLE NINTENDO SYSTEM!

watershed

Banned
Andrex said:

Well how else will it get multi-platform games? Until sony and microsoft launch their next gen consoles Nintendo will be the only one so naturally they would get *hopefully* Up-ports from the PS360. Studios aren't gonna start native development on the N6 and port down, not when all their experience is with PS360. The best we can hope for out of the gate is improved ports. It will take time for original content to be made by 3rd parties for the N6.

Stylo

antonz said:
BluRay.com reports they have heard it will be Blu Ray Based.

Any console manufacturer that doesn't utilize Blu-Ray or similar tech next generation will have made a huge mistake.

DeathbyVolcano said:
*sigh*

no no no.

Since both companies work with IBM and ATI it would be almost impossible for the two systems not to have similar architecture. The only surprise would be if Nintendo opted for more cores than the 360's Xenon processor but we all know that won't happen.

Then wtf do you mean by sales reflecting quality? I guess FF7 is the worst FF ever

Because man, he didn't buy them so obviously sales prove his point!

FFVII sold 9.7 million.

The point of a business is to meet market demand, not to force your perceived creativity on consumers. So, sales reflect how well you are meeting market demand. There is no reason for a new console because the vast majority of the market isn't interested in that, they just want good games... graphics don't determine that.

If Nintendo can't support the Wii by providing games people want to play on that system, then how could they support an entirely new console which is more expensive to develop for?

Big One said:
Well all I know is that both X and XIII sold enough to get a sequel so...

There is definitely a downward trend in FF sales since IX. X being the one outlier. The series doesn't have the same aura it did during the ps1 days.

antonz

Saint Gregory said:
Since both companies work with IBM and ATI it would be almost impossible for the two systems not to have similar architecture. The only surprise would be if Nintendo opted for more cores than the 360's Xenon processor but we all know that won't happen.
Hard to say really Tri cores are really not that in fashion anymore. Hell Dual cores are becoming antiques. Quad is basically the standard now with the 6-8 cores really becoming more normal this year.

Outtrigger888 said:
Awesome!

OffTopic: wheres my avatar and how do I get it back? Did I miss somthing? Was there a change in rules?
Avatars are now only allowed hosted on gaf server. Go to the control panel and upload it for use

watershed

Banned
H_Prestige said:
Bluray.com says its blu ray.

I hope its blu-ray and not dvds. Blu-ray would show Nintendo is serious about robust 3rd party games and future proofing at least the media format of their new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom