• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

richisawesome said:
That's not just absurd, that's super absurd. When Kinect Sports starts doing 30 million plus worldwide, then maybe you might have a point.

Anyway, there's a reason that Nintendo let Rare go so easily.
Nintendo knows when a developer has lost its magic :eek:

RevDM said:
Do you think Nintendo will allow non G-rated games like GTA?
BMX XXX was fully uncensored on the Gamecube while Sony refused to allow it on the PS2 until censored

antonz

Refreshment.01 said:
Or Rare knows when a company is going to bankrupt. :(
Rare is a pretty foolish company so maybe you are right. They just got their sources crossed and failed to realize it was Sony who was gonna spend themselves into losing billions.

Gamecube made more money for Nintendo than PS2 did for Sony

richisawesome said:
Worst troll ever?

Yeah, definitely a troll.
Not by any means. Remember Nintendo was third place with GameCube so they were desperate for money. So Rare being one of the hottest studios around they sold them for a good amount of money to save the company.

Yet Nintendo kept, Rare´s inhouse project called "Manebito" which is what we came to know as the Wii today.

Rich!

antonz said:
Rare is a pretty stupid company so maybe you are right. They just got their sources crossed and failed to realize it was Sony who was gonna spend themselves into losing billions.

No matter what you say, this guy will come up with a fucktarded response. Just you wait.

Sigh.

RevDM said:
Just seems like they are afraid of hurting their image. All they put out are those cutesy cartoon games for Wii. Other than gamecube, and a few selected titles on Wii (COD etc), they don't put out slash and gash games.

They just announced Pandora's Tower...

Doorman

A.KU.MU said:
Did you miss the ;)?

I would like something dystopian/post apocalyptic. Like Mad Max.
Oh, well in that case you should add Mach Rider to my list of old franchise revivals from above. That's one that Nintendo could build into something of a "gritty mature" style too, if they really do want to target that market.

Rich!

Refreshment.01 said:
Not by any means. Remember Nintendo was third place with GameCube so they were desperate for money. So Rare being one of the hottest studios around they sold them for a good amount of money to save the company.

This is fucking hilarious. What the fuck is this guy on?

RevDM

Banned
AceBandage said:
They just announced Pandora's Tower...

I was thinking more of the "BLOOD OMG HIS HEAD ROLLED OFF AND HIS EYE IS TWITCHING AND THE SPLATTER EFFECT WILL SURELY GIVE ME AIDS AND/OR HEPATITIS C"

RevDM said:
I was thinking more of the "BLOOD OMG HIS HEAD ROLLED OFF AND HIS EYE IS TWITCHING AND THE SPLATTER EFFECT WILL SURELY GIVE ME AIDS AND/OR HEPATITIS C"

So... like Madworld?
I mean, Nintendo likely won't MAKE those games in house, but they'd allow them for sure.

gerg

Refreshment.01 said:
That depends, if you are one of those people that laughs when facing the facts. Which i dont think you are bro :D

Not to discount the massive success that Microsoft has had since they launched Kinect, but its 10 million (or so) sales only come after the 84+ million sales that the Wii has had (and, of course, the four or five years that passed between the two launches for Microsoft to realise that motion controls were a worthwhile venture). Of course, such a comparison seems laughable because we are comparison a complementary peripheral to a home console, but therein lies the point: as a peripheral Kinect has had amazing success, but it still remains one which seems to have been brought to market only after the greater success of a similar product.

As for 360's expanded sales, there's no chance of it overtaking the Wii before the Wii 2 (or perhaps even the Xbox 720) are launched. The generation will most likely end in the state that it is in now.

Lastly, while Rare and Harmonix have been able to create a couple of million sellers on Kinect between them, the sales of their respective titles aren't even close to similar titles on the Wii. I don't think that Nintendo looks with shame at the, what, two or three million (?) sales of Kinect Sports considering the 26+ million sales of Wii Sports Resort.

So, lol.

Rich!

RevDM said:

manhunt_2_wii_box_art_final.jpg

BL1961.jpg

antonz said:
Rare is a pretty foolish company so maybe you are right. They just got their sources crossed and failed to realize it was Sony who was gonna spend themselves into losing billions.

You could be into something here. Since Rare released Star Fox Adventures on GameCube, maybe that game was enough for Nintendo to beat Sony in the money making department. Thats not confirmed but a possible scenario.

Boney

Banned
Spiegel said:
Hahahaha. No
Well not the GC specifically, but I heard GBA + GC did make more. It'd be nice to get the facts straight.

And well regardless, they weren't bleeding money even though they were indeed in a dangerous position

Akai

You guys need to quit feeding the derailment trolls. This is the second time today (actually make that a few hours)...

Game-Biz said:
Doubt it. I mean when was the last time a M-rated game was on a Nintendo console? Perfect Dark? lol

What, Killer7, RE4 and Mad World never happened?

omg you reminded me of Mad World I feel the urge to listen to that AWESOME OST now

Spiegel

Boney said:
Well not the GC specifically, but I heard GBA + GC did make more. It'd be nice to get the facts straight.

And well regardless, they weren't bleeding money even though they were indeed in a dangerous position

Yes, GBA made a ton of money for Nintendo. GC not so much

RevDM

Banned
richisawesome said:

I'm aware there are some titles, I'm not arguing that. What I'm trying to say is that, those types of titles aren't what sells the system, you know? It's mostly those cutesy family fun games right?

Bentendo

I think Retro doing Zelda would be amazing. Can you imagine how excited they would be? I can't imagine EAD getting too thrilled when they start a new Zelda because they've been working on it for ages. I am convinced that Retro would do amazing things with the series.

Rich!

Refreshment.01 said:
You could be into something here. Since Rare released Star Fox Adventures on GameCube, maybe that game was enough for Nintendo to bit Sony in the money making department. Thats not confirmed but a possible scenario.

That really doesn't make sense. At all.

RevDM said:
I'm aware there are some titles, I'm not arguing that. What I'm trying to say is that, those types of titles aren't what sells the system, you know? It's mostly those cutesy family fun games right?

Errr... what does that have to do with Nintendo allowing games, which was your original question...

RevDM said:

keep moving'em goal posts

RevDM said:
So, by "allow" you meant...

RevDM

Banned
AceBandage said:
Errr... what does that have to do with Nintendo allowing games, which was your original question...

Sorry, not trying to troll or anything. I have owned both the 360 and ps3, but the Wii never appealed to me because I couldn't get the kinds of games I wanted to for the system. But with all this talk about the new Nintendo being super powerful and whatnot, I was curious if they would start having titles that would compete with xbox/ps3.

udivision

Bentendo said:
I think Retro doing Zelda would be amazing. Can you imagine how excited they would be? I can't imagine EAD getting too thrilled when they start a new Zelda because they've been working on it for ages. I am convinced that Retro would do amazing things with the series.
Not to mention the fans never like what they do. Gotta be a serious moral killer.

RevDM said:
Sorry, not trying to troll or anything. I have owned both the 360 and ps3, but the Wii never appealed to me because I couldn't get the kinds of games I wanted to for the system. But with all this talk about the new Nintendo being super powerful and whatnot, I was curious if they would start having titles that would compete with xbox/ps3.

If third parties made them, like they do on the 360.PS3, then yes?
Why wouldn't it?

RevDM said:
Well, okay

Here's a question

What multiplatform games were on PS2/XBox that you felt Nintendo did not allow?

Rich!

RevDM said:

So you're saying that games like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime Trilogy aren't titles that could compete with the games on the other two consoles?

RevDM

Banned
AceBandage said:
Why wouldn't it?

I had the notion that nintendo wasn't savvy about stealing cars and banging hookers games.

Boney

Banned
AceBandage said:
Why wouldn't it?
same as sega releasing Sonic Generations on non nintendo stuff

older sega fans are in the HD consoles obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom