• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game-Biz

A.KU.MU said:
Any thoughts on this?
Who's the source? Regardless, it sounds like complete speculation and conjecture. It's too easy for these small time websites to make up BS and say they have "inside information."

Edit:

Ok, it's Paul Gale...Eh, I suppose he could have connections. Either way, it's pretty obvious that Retro would be "amongst the first" to receive devkits and that they're making something freaking awesome for it.

A.KU.MU said:
Any thoughts on this?
A project everyone wants us to do? Wouldn't that have been Zelda or Kid Icarus? Unless they're working on a 2D Meroid. . . Dread
robor said:
Is that somehow worse than the sources of all the other rumors. Let's go with it for now.

I just hope it's good enough to warrant my purchase. Money is about to become tight over the next couple years. Xbox got 75% of my time out of all three consoles, I'm not buying a 3DS until a new pokemon made just for 3DS and price drop comes out. At this point Wii 2 may be the second ever Nintendo console I don't buy at launch date.

Don't let me down.

jwluther

That banned Nintendo site that Goes posted the Retro rumor along with the writer's personal opinion on the rumor:

I don't often back rumors with my own approval, but this time I'm more than willing to stick my neck out there. This one comes from long-time site reader/insider/all around good guy JBPG. I'm telling you, take this information a bit more seriously than any other Wii successor rumors out there.

Bentendo

From The Dust said:

Before anyone says "Paul, who the Hell is Paul and HOW does he have this info", here's a little background info on the man:

Paul said:
On the video game side of things, I currently write for Bitmob.com and continue to contribute to 1up.com, have helped with Electronic Gaming Monthly and Gamers.com in the past, have been in several video game magazines, websites, and TV shows (such as Nintendo Power, **********.com, Capcom-Unity.com, X-Play and Judgment Day, respectively), and have even been made into a character in Street Fighter IV. The Electronic Entertainment Exposition, also known as E3, is a place I have frequented for what 2010 will be my 9th time (the first was back in 2000). And speaking of E3, thanks to it and other similar events over the years, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting dozens of awesome people in the industry. We share not just stories, but many pictures, and all of them will be available on the site, as well as information about each person, as a way to socially connect everyone. One time for instance, I brought my friends Charles Martinet and Tommy Tallarico together at an E3, and introduced the idea of Charles doing his Mario voice at Tommy’s Video Games Live event. Such team-ups would be fun to see and I’m sure that having such a big pool of talent in one place would bring forth all sorts of possibilities.

Got that from his website.

MisterHero

Game-Biz said:
"Souls, you say?"
No, Shiggy, no don't come any closer, don't come any closer--AAAAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH

miyamoto.jpg

gerg

Refreshment.01 said:
Good post, informative and filled with interesting sales facts. But excuse me because you are overlooking one important thing.

A Kinect with all the R&D costs, promotion, transport and comissions costs MS 10 U.S. american dollars to make and its sold for a 150 of the same american dollars. So even if MS doesnt sale the same number of units by the end of this generation, i predict they are on track to beat the combined revenues of both the DS and Wii.

You predict that, with Kinect, Microsoft will beat the combined revenues of all software and hardware for the DS and Wii this generation?

Oh my.

NateDrake

A.KU.MU said:
... and why is that?
Pretty sure last yr Paul guy said MS E3 conference would have several huge announcements after the opening minutes and nothing of that sort come true. He is like HHG but not as vocal or over the top in his delivery.

Bentendo

MisterHero said:
No, Shiggy, no don't come any closer, don't come any closer--AAAAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/MisterHero/Shiggy-delic/miyamoto.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That almost looks like Reggie in the background.

I don't think it's Zelda, Metroid, DK or Mario. I think it's the coolest Nintendo Game you could work on, and take to the next level.

Super Smash Bros! Man that would be awesome, they could make it more hardcore and true to Melee and take the game head-on. Seems like the right title to be made for launch or a game to come out within a year of the system.

I'm crossing my fingers for Smash Bros.

Christine

AceBandage said:
Their Wii engines could be upgraded for HD development. Just like their N64 engines were fully upgraded for GC development.

You've got to wonder if any of the StarFox code is still kicking around in Mario Galaxy.

I had any say in the matter (and of course I don't), I'd rather Retro worked on StarFox than Zelda.

I'm sure Retro could make StarFox relevant again.

Doorman

I'm telling you, take this information a bit more seriously than any other Wii successor rumors out there.
Uhh...exactly what "information" is there to be gleaned from those comments? As a first-party studio, it only makes sense that Retro would have access to the early dev kits for their parent company's system, I would find it way more odd if they were clueless about it. And the "something everyone wants us to do" is already proven horseshit because it seems like everybody here at least wants them to do something different. Hell I'm sure someone out there really wants them to make the next Sonic game.

I guess you could ask "what would Retro think the gaming public wants them to make?" but that's also impossible to answer or even really speculate on, aside from it hinting that it's perhaps some popular Nintendo property. Unless they meant that everyone wants to see what they'd do if given the opportunity to make a new core IP. ....Eh screw it, it's a non-statement through and through.

robor

Saint Gregory said:
I hate to be the grammar police but I think you misspelled "ALL OVER MY TITS!!!"

They're out eating donuts and high fiving each other. They know it's a false alarm.

From The Dust said:
don't shoot the messenger dawg

No I ain't dear friend, I am just speechless is all.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
HenryGale said:
I don't think it's Zelda, Metroid, DK or Mario. I think it's the coolest Nintendo Game you could work on, and take to the next level.

Super Smash Bros! Man that would be awesome, they could make it more hardcore and true to Melee and take the game head-on. Seems like the right title to be made for launch or a game to come out within a year of the system.

I'm crossing my fingers for Smash Bros.

I've never heard anybody clamoring for Retro to do Smash Bros, although I think they'd do a great job. My guess is it's Metroid or Starfox.

Game-Biz

Plinko said:
I've never heard anybody clamoring for Retro to do Smash Bros, although I think they'd do a great job. My guess is it's Metroid or Starfox.
Or Mario Party.

Done right, and back to it's roots.

Metroid Prime 3 was one of the first games in development for the Wii.

It was actually Retro's insistence that the game was uncontrollable with just the wiimote that lead to the nunchuck.

Plinko said:

Right but this said it was something everyone wants. I would think it can also mean that it's a game everyone would want to develop for. Of all the Nintendo IP's that would be one hell of a game to get the chance to make. Everyone loves the series. It has all the Nintendo cast, so the potential is limitless.

A.KU.MU

Banned
Retro Studios looking to hire several people:

4/14/2011 Software Engineer (Level 2 or 3)
4/14/2011 Software Engineer (Level 1)
4/14/2011 Graphics/UI Artist
4/14/2011 Game Designer
4/14/2011 Design Manager
4/14/2011 Technical Artist
4/14/2011 Artist - Retro Studios

No specific game title or console is mentioned, but the set of positions hints that the company is gearing up for a new title.

Source

apana

Maybe Eurocom is working on something for Wii 2? Goldeneye HD would be cool. Just keep remaking the game every generation.

Game-Biz

Hero of Legend said:
THIS! With music by Dave Wise! :'D
Apparently, "All the major DKR characters who aren’t Kongs or Kremlings still belong to Rare."

That means no Wizpig

:((((

But if Nintendo would hire David Wise for anything I'd be there day effin' one, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom