• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

apana said:
Maybe Eurocom is working on something for Wii 2? Goldeneye HD would be cool. Just keep remaking the game every generation.

I assumed they were working on a Goldeneye sequel since I got a survey about it from their Twitter account in like Feb. Asking about what would change/improve in the sequel.

Zeliard

Zee-Row said:
Paul Gale is one of the nicest guys around. He's been an internet buddy since the gamers.com days.

Haha, gamers.com. Haven't seen someone mention that site in ages. Good ol' Dennis "Thresh" Fong.

I wonder how many of today's gamers even recognize that name.

Hero of Legend said:
THIS! With music by Dave Wise! :'D

Absolutely! It is a must.

Game-Biz said:
Apparently, "All the major DKR characters who aren’t Kongs or Kremlings still belong to Rare."

That means no Wizpig

:((((

But if Nintendo would hire David Wise for anything I'd be there day effin' one, baby.

Sad that there will be no Timber :(

BUT

Retro can design some fairly generic animal characters to fill out the cast, just like Rare did.

apana

Penguin said:
I assumed they were working on a Goldeneye sequel since I got a survey about it from their Twitter account in like Feb. Asking about what would change/improve in the sequel.

Goldeneye HD confirmed! Maybe!

Zee-Row

Banned
Zeliard said:
Haha, gamers.com. Haven't seen someone mention that site in ages. Good ol' Dennis "Thresh" Fong.

I wonder how many of today's gamers even recognize that name.
Thats site used to have some legendary board wars thanks to that "create your own board" feature the site had , ah how i miss my High School days!

Game-Biz said:
Apparently, "All the major DKR characters who aren’t Kongs or Kremlings still belong to Rare."

That means no Wizpig

:((((

But if Nintendo would hire David Wise for anything I'd be there day effin' one, baby.

You don't know how much I wish for Nintendo to buy those characters, AT LEAST Taj! ;_;

But even if they just use DK staples, basically like Diddy Kong Pilot and Donkey Kong Racing were going to (sans Taj (HE was in the trailer god fucking dammit, he IS a DK character! :'( )).

And of course Krunch would return, and get Tricky from SFA, don't care if he was a SF character, he can replace the original (he WAS going to be the original, but Rare changed their minds), much better than being a never to be used again SF character), google eye him up to blend in.

And maybe make some new critters. Though I wasn't keen on the pig from DKCR, didn't really scream as a "DKR-like" character.

Penguin said:

:D But I'd kill for a port at least in 60 frames and 1080p, can't go wrong with that.

Hell, 60 frames would be a given, they did that for Ice Age 2 (30 on GC, 60 on Wii).

AniHawk

ShockingAlberto said:
Metroid Prime 3 was one of the first games in development for the Wii.

It was actually Retro's insistence that the game was uncontrollable with just the wiimote that lead to the nunchuck.

really? good for them. i was under the impression that they didn't offer criticism of japan's ideas.

apana said:
I just have a gut feeling Retro is making New Legend of Zelda.
Lets hope, the Zelda franchise needs major help. Also, New Metroid (only way to fix the wreckage that was Fusion, Other M, and Corruption) and might as well throw in New Kid Icarus (cause I have a feeling KI 3DS is going to bomb, it is way too far removed from its original gameplay - though it wasn't majorly popular anyway.)

Oh, and there needs to be a New Castlevania, New lots of things.

M74

Error Macro said:
BowDown.gif
Diddy Kong Racing 2
BowDown.gif
A thousand times NO.

I'm of the belief that hell would sooner freeze over before Nintendo would allow a western dev to toy around with the Zelda franchise, so my guess is Retro is putting their spin on Kid Icarus.

Akai

Ridleyscott said:
Lets hope, the Zelda franchise needs major help. Also, New Metroid (only way to fix the wreckage that was Fusion, Other M, and Corruption) and might as well throw in New Kid Icarus (cause I have a feeling KI 3DS is going to bomb, it is way too far removed from its original gameplay - though it wasn't majorly popular anyway.)

So in other words, you just don't like games...

BertramCooper said:
So it's an existing IP, I take it.

I've been really wanting Retro to do something original. I hope it happens eventually.
Keep in mind the company may exist to update retro Nintendo franchises. I think many have had a problem with this aspect of the company's existence.

I don't really need anything original. I just want them to make something because in the video game world things don't need to be original IPs to be awesome. They just need to be fun.

M74 said:
A thousand times NO.

I'm of the belief that hell would sooner freeze over before Nintendo would allow a western dev to toy around with the Zelda franchise, so my guess is Retro is putting their spin on Kid Icarus.

Gustave_Dore_Inferno34.jpg

too late dawg

Krowley

A kid icarus game wouldn't surprise me because that is the game that has most been associated with Retro rumors in the past.

Second on the list would probably be an online oriented FPS to compete with Halo. People have been begging for that from Retro for years.

Another Metroid would be third because I don't think there has exactly been an outcry for a new prime game outside of the Metroid fanbase. Personally, I would love a new Prime game if it was more like the first one and less like the third.

I'm not sure how credible this site it (it may be great, but I don't know the site very well) but it does seem odd to me that Retro employees would so openly comment on the next system since Nintendo hasn't even confirmed its existence yet AFAIK.

Also, I would be shocked if Nintendo handed a console Zelda game off to anybody.

apana

Ridleyscott said:

Oh, and there needs to be a New Castlevania, New lots of things.

Kid Icarus is basically like a new IP to most people, no one will care if the gameplay is not like the original. I think the intention was to bring the character back because some fans were annoying Nintendo about it.

M74

Krowley said:
A kid icarus game wouldn't surprise me because that is the game that has most been associated with Retro rumors in the past.
This is why I'm betting on Icarus. Those rumors have been flying around for so long, for a Retro dev to have allegedly said it's something gamers have wanted for a while, it makes the most sense.

CoffeeJanitor said:
Retro should work on a Battletoads sequel with music from David Wise.

Impossible, Rare/MS owns Battletoads.

Hell if it were possible, I'd kill for EAD Tokyo to make a Banjo game! Same amount of possibility; none. :(

apana said:
Kid Icarus is basically like a new IP to most people, no one will care if the gameplay is not like the original. I think the intention was to bring the character back because some fans were annoying Nintendo about it.

Anyone who was a fan to begin with will care... I care. I have no interest in KI 3DS because it is so far removed. Pit doesn't even have a Bow... He has a space blaster, CLAWS, and I don't even know what else. No platforming and cheese voice acting.

apana

It seems to me like Sakurai is the one who will make Kid Icarus HD. He's been talking about making an HD game and it's basically his character right now. How can anyone be making a sequel when the original game hasn't even been released?

M74

apana said:
Regardless of its roots, the new Icarus gameplay looks like garbage.

Yet another reason why I hope Retro does take a stab at it in the near future. I'd love to see how they'd make it work.

Huff

Banned
apana said:

Blame Smash Bros. No one I know has ever played the original Kid Icarus.

M74 said:
Regardless of its roots, the new Icarus gameplay looks like garbage.

Yet another reason why I hope Retro does take a stab at it in the near future. I'd love to see how they'd make it work.

There are some interesting things about the gameplay but too on-rails, literally at times.

Kandinsky

Why are we adopting the Project Café name?, just because some random french site that guessed (anyone could have guessed that shit tbh) PSP2 specs say so?.

Also $50 says nothing will be shown or even talked about WiiHD this E3, absolutely nothing.

Ps: Nothing will happen next week either.

joedick

There was a rumor in the past that in the past Retro had wanted to work on a Shiek game but got turned down by Nintendo. Nintendo seems more confident in them now and the Zelda team is busy so......

Doorman

M74 said:
This is why I'm betting on Icarus. Those rumors have been flying around for so long, for a Retro dev to have allegedly said it's something gamers have wanted for a while, it makes the most sense.
I thought the longest rumors about Kid Icarus were associated with Factor 5? The Retro stuff seemed more like wishful thinking just based on the fact that they'd already done Metroid, and Metroid and Icarus were "sister games" back in the day.

I'd be tempted to lean towards a Kid Icarus revival if Project Sora wasn't already making a new game in that series, and I don't think that Nintendo would necessarily want to bank on the success of that franchise by running two games for it simultaneously. If Uprising sells decently well, I could certainly see it perhaps being Retro's NEXT project, after whatever it is they're doing now.

Kandinsky said:
Why are we adopting the Project Café name?, just because some random french site that guessed (anyone could have guessed that shit tbh) PSP2 specs say so?.

Also $50 says nothing will be shown or even talked about WiiHD this E3, absolutely nothing.

hype train is already at full speed! CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKER!

Kandinsky said:

Just close your eyes real tight and click your heels together.

IMO, no one should be making Smash 4 except for HAL only. Brawl was a mindless mix-up of devs and the game severely suffered because of it; most of the personality from the first two were lost as a result, I mean Subspace Emissary, really? I still would've preferred Iwata's original idea pre-Sakurai; basically Melee 1.5 with Online.

God bless Kirby Wii, finally a REAL HAL console game, first since Air Ride. :/

Kandinsky said:

Before last week, I would have been with you.
But the Wii is getting multiple price drops and Nintendo is being extremely tight lipped about this whole thing.
Add that with the other signs, and it's pretty much given they'll announce it soon.

Hero of Legend said:
Impossible, Rare/MS owns Battletoads.

Hell if it were possible, I'd kill for EAD Tokyo to make a Banjo game! Same amount of possibility; none. :(
I've thought about that before, but didn't tradewest (the battletoads publisher) dissolve? If so, I think you're right that it's Rare's property.

Hell, they can outsource the series to another dev and have them do an updated XBLA edition. I would so buy that.

Okay people. Lets get our Bets in now!

Bookmark for future mocking.

Wii 2
Titled: Wii HD
Power: Marginally better than PS3/Xbox360
ControlWireless Nunchuck with M+ inside, D-Pad replaced on Wiimote wand with joystick. Touch screen pad for UI elements, streaming game content and gaming off the TV. Camera in Wiimote for AR.
Games: Zelda SS with Wii Enhanced Resolution & graphics. Smash Bros. Developed by Retro, and a new GTA from R*.

Big One said:
Zelda franchise is fine, why do you think it needs help?

Its is extremely boring to play, slow, easy, no action/adventure, story-driven, too many "puzzles".

Today's "Zelda" games have very little in common with the two that started the series besides the paint-job. The feeling of adventure isn't there. Just start-up the opening screens to the first two Zeldas and turn up the volume and tell me they don't make you feel 'adventure'. Even 3 is solid, after that blah... OOT was so so, but missing a bunch which is why MM didn't sell well.

Those games didn't have any puzzles yet puzzles have now become over-bearing to the point that there are literally puzzles in the game - like the ones you rearrange pieces and stuff. LAME!

Zelda is about swash-buckling through dangerous territory and Dungeons/Palaces not puzzle-solving. Aonuma has filled that game with fluff: trains, boats, skyward Swords and all sorts of garbage. Give me a break.

Hatty

BertramCooper said:
So it's an existing IP, I take it.

I've been really wanting Retro to do something original. I hope it happens eventually.
well, everyone does want them to create a new IP so I dont think thats out of the question.

apana

HenryGale said:
Okay people. Lets get our Bets in now!

Bookmark for future mocking.

Wii 2
Titled: Wii HD
Power: Marginally better than PS3/Xbox360
ControlWireless Nunchuck with M+ inside, D-Pad replaced on Wiimote wand with joystick. Touch screen pad for UI elements, streaming game content and gaming off the TV. Camera in Wiimote for AR.
Games: Zelda SS with Wii Enhanced Resolution & graphics. Smash Bros. Developed by Retro, and a new GTA from R*.

Wii 2

Titled: Wii Touch or Wii 2
Power: Half a generation leap over PS360.
Control: Wii Mote with Haptic Feedback screen
Games: Pikmin 3, Zelda SS HD, Dragon Quest X HD, Metal Gear Solid Rising(eventually), Final Fantasy Versus(maybe), GTA 5.

Big One

Banned
Ridleyscott said:
Its is extremely boring to play, slow, easy, no action/adventure, story-driven, too many "puzzles".

Today's "Zelda" games have very little in common with the two that started the series besides the paint-job. The feeling of adventure isn't there. Just start-up the opening screens to the first two Zeldas and turn up the volume and tell me they don't make you feel 'adventure'. Even 3 is solid, after that blah... OOT was so so, but missing a bunch which is why MM didn't sell well.

Those games didn't have any puzzles yet puzzles have now become over-bearing to the point that there are literally puzzles in the game - like the ones you rearrange pieces and stuff. LAME!

Zelda is about swash-buckling through dangerous territory and Dungeons/Palaces not puzzle-solving. Aonuma has filled that game with fluff: trains, boats, skyward Swords and all sorts of garbage. Give me a break.
Umm...puzzles have been around in Zelda exactly like that since A Link to the Past. Shut the fuck up with this shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom