• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
brochiller said:
Somebody NEEDS to Photoshop what a mondernized SNES would look like.

EN0IQ.jpg

Err, eh.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Andrex said:
Probably around PS3.5 to PS3.75 depending on how balls out Sony goes next gen.

*MrBurnsExcellent.gif*

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The_Darkest_Red said:
Blog post from Scott Lowe (IGN Gear Editor) about why you should trust his sources:

I know a lot of people around here hate IGN (and it certainly has its flaws) but I trust that they at least believe these rumors to be true.

More like covering their butts if it turns out to be different.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
StickSoldier said:
I loved the Snes, but don't you think people will get this mixed up with the old SNES and not want to drop $400 on it?
Kidding, btw

Funny enough but that's one of the issues they're having with the 3DS and the DS right now.

mj1108

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
- In terms of the design of the console itself, the overall size will be comparable to that of the original Xbox 360 and the system is likely to resemble a modernized version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

This goes against every single thing Iwata has said in every interview regarding the Wii design and home console design in general. Finding these latest rumors from IGN a bit hard to believe.

Unless they're actually referring to the size of the dev kit?

Plinko

ShockingAlberto said:
I can not see any way Nintendo is going to sell a $400 system.

I think the guess of $349 with a pack-in game seems right.

Can someone please explain to me how we have come to the conclusion that it's going to be like a PS3.5, and not just a "notch" above the PS3. The new IGN article just says that the new GPU will "out perform the PlayStation 3's NVIDIA 7800GTX-based processor," it doesn't say by how much.

StickSoldier said:
I loved the Snes, but don't you think people will get this mixed up with the old SNES and not want to drop $400 on it?
Kidding, btw

The SNES came out 20 years ago, man. Can't imagine people confusing the two.

Andrex said:
I'd have said the same thing about them selling a $250 handheld.
I wouldn't have.

It's not about "Nintendo keeps things cheap!" It's that there's a certain price for the market to find acceptable and while the 3DS may be above that price, it is not flagrantly so. $400 would be.

What the hell at the IGN info. I'm not much into the graphic card side of things, but isn't that higher than what a PS3 could push out, assuming they don't bottleneck it with something stupid?

Andrex said:
There we go.

Yeah...that is actually a bit scary. Nintendo with that amount of power is just...damn o_O

Finally, Nintendo is considering naming the console Stream, though it is potentially one of several names currently being vetted by the company.

Nintendo Stream - wow I actually like it. Way better than "Wii" anyday. However I can see the jokes already "Nintendo is taking it to the next level with Stream, pissing all over their fans."

Utako

Banned
mentalfloss said:
If this controller idea turns out to be true, you can count me out.

Stick with the wii remote and nunchuk and refine that system instead. This LCD, Dual Analog fused shit is way too complicated.
Duly noted; I'll be sure to troll you in the thread for the first Mario game.

Plinko

brochiller said:
Can someone please explain to me how we have come to the conclusion that it's going to be like a PS3.5, and not just a "notch" above the PS3. The new IGN article just says that the new GPU will "out perform the PlayStation 3's NVIDIA 7800GTX-based processor," it doesn't say by how much.

IGN continues to say "Significantly outperforms PS3/360" and has the most steady flow of information right now. That's all--still could be wrong.

MidnightScott said:
Nintendo Stream - wow I actually like it. Way better than "Wii" anyday. However I can see the jokes already "Nintendo is taking it to the next level with Stream, pissing all over their fans."
Yeah, I have to admit that the first thing I thought of was Wii Stream. I'm not 12... I promise.

mj1108

ShockingAlberto said:
I can not see any way Nintendo is going to sell a $400 system.

Very un-Nintendo like...then again we all said the same thing about the $250 3DS.

I'm hoping the higher price point means that they're packing a lot more into the system. Between the price and the courting of 3rd parties they seem to be doing it sure sounds like they aren't going for the "cheapest" thing this time around.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ShockingAlberto said:
I wouldn't have.

It's not about "Nintendo keeps things cheap!" It's that there's a certain price for the market to find acceptable and while the 3DS may be above that price, it is not flagrantly so. $400 would be.

$250 for a handheld is way more unacceptable to me than a $400 console.

MidnightScott said:

Back-to-back urinary tract related console names from Nintendo confirmed??

Plinko

MidnightScott said:

Or they could turn it into a Dudebro-esque marketing campaign: "Stream--pissing all over the competition."

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
fly high ~ayunite~ said:
- In terms of the design of the console itself, the overall size will be comparable to that of the original Xbox 360 and the system is likely to resemble a modernized version of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

This goes against every single thing Iwata has said in every interview regarding the Wii design and home console design in general. Finding these latest rumors from IGN a bit hard to believe.

Not sure if they can fit something as/more powerful as a 360/ps3 into the size of a Wii. So yeah, N6 is gonna be bigger than a Wii.

fly high ~ayunite~ said:

IGN is not credible, at all, especially considering their few Nintendo journalists (who were good back in the day) are now all gone (outside of Craig).

Andrex said:
If it's WWRU I don't know if I'd trust him. His "leaks" pertaining to HeartGold/SoulSilver were 100% wrong.
Yeah, dude fucking crushed me with the "Pokemon can breed features like NE Pichu".

It makes so much sense and GF will never do it but now, because of him, I want it to happen. :mad:

CoffeeJanitor said:
IGN is not credible, at all, especially considering their few Nintendo journalists (who were good back in the day) are now all gone (outside of Craig).
Have they ever published rumors about a system that turned out to be blatantly false?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
CoffeeJanitor said:

Yeah this info would be 10,000% more believable if Cass or Boz or even Craig were still there. They have people who know who they are among the Nintendo fanbase. For the rest of IGN, if they're wrong, they just slip back into the shadows for a while and everyone forgets they made up a bunch of crap.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Andrex said:

Given the described CPU, or what we might surmise about it, it'd need a very powerful GPU and a pretty big chunk of RAM to balance out at half or three-quarters a generational step. I'm thinking it might have 2x the GPU power, but I doubt that would get us halfway between a PS3 and PS4 (even if Sony's relatively conservative). How much more powerful do you think the GPU here will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom