• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAL2006

Banned
duk said:
awesome, cycle is starting all over again very soon... but i feel that Wii HD will be very underpowered when PS4/720 comes out.

guess nintendo wants to get a jump... ala 360.

I don't think it will be as bad as Wii was to PS3/360
It's going to be how PS2 was to Xbox, or how DC was to PS2

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hardware and software features are all I care about right now. If there's still a friend code system, even if it's system wide like on the 3DS, I'm backing out. Nintendo's online strategy has two generations to jump.

Oh, and let me add my VC games to my Club Nintendo account soon, so I can safely sell my Wii before the resale value plummets.

Wii HD?

NOW you have my interest Nintendo. You're now cordially invited to my TV, at the right price. I don't even need super resolution pixeltropic magic. Just clean, crisp, solid framerate games that look right on an HDTV.

DR2K

Banned
Interesting, end of 2012 is dumb if their intention is to capture the hardcore market. By then Microsoft and Sony will have moved on to the next generation or at least be very close.

SuperSonic1305 said:
As long as it upscales Wii games and adds buckets of AA i'll be there day one.

Didn't one of the reports already say that it won't do upscaling? This thread is moving so fast that I'm not even sure if that was a report or just some random post..

SONY better be thinking about a new console if they plan on staying relevant in 2012-2013.. and no SONY you wont get my money for the NGP

Orayn

PKrockin said:
The Wii was backwards compatible and its controller certainly wasn't anything like the Gamecube's.
Nintendo has a good thing going with motion control. It's not perfect by any means, but they wouldn't just remove it. If anything, we'll see a much more refined implementation. (Think of how analog controls changed from the PS1/N64 days.)

ReyVGM said:
I wonder though, why is Sony using a crosspad in there if Nintendo invented it and owns the rights for it?

Because it somehow involves the use of Nintendo's property, see the Nintendo and Xbox names to the left. Very strange.

VerTiGo

Banned
DragonKnight said:
Care to clarify?

Ono mentioned that 3DS SSFIV connects to a home console version. That was the first leak of Wii successor. Super Street Fighter IV TURBO! For sure.

Expecting playable Wii HD at E3. Seriously.

neptunes

KAL2006 said:
I don't think it will be as bad as Wii was to PS3/360
It's going to be how PS2 was to Xbox, or how DC was to PS2
the xbox's power was underused, it could have put out better looking games if it was the leading platform most multi-platform games, and if MS gave it one more year to live.

onQ123

ReyVGM said:
I wonder though, why is Sony using a crosspad in there if Nintendo invented it and owns the rights for it?

I think you better look at the patent again.

this controller is being made to work with Sony , Nintendo & Xbox Consoles

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Takao said:
What an unexciting controller proposal.

The controller sounds great if it's a touchscreen included--draw my own plays in football on the fly? Yes, please. Taking notes on puzzles, inventory on Zelda without pausing, etc, etc.

Nessus

duk said:
awesome, cycle is starting all over again very soon... but i feel that Wii HD will be very underpowered when PS4/720 comes out.

guess nintendo wants to get a jump... ala 360.

Or Sony and MS could simply match their next consoles to the power of the Wii 2 and save a ton of money on hardware costs after having each lost billions of dollars trying to push bleeding edge tech in previous generations.

It would also help with out of control development costs.

Talamius

I don't understand the rationale people have that Microsoft and Sony have been sitting on their next-gen stuff and waiting for Nintendo to go first. For example, why launch Kinect at all for 360 if that were the case?

I think Nintendo caught Microsoft and Sony asleep at the wheel.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
As if my normal controllers don't run out of battery quickly enough already. :p

Sounds amazing and crazy expensive. Hmmm.

Angry Fork

The Wii made me rage too much to care about Nintendo's next effort. I'm sure it'll be good, but there's no way i'll make the mistake of buying at launch when it comes to Nintendo ever again. With the Wii they shit out 3-4 great games the first year and then never came back to the console again for like 3 years with any meaningful titles. I don't care about Wii Sports or any of that crap.

Nintendo has the money and ability to put out Mario/Zelda/Donkey Kong/Starfox/Kid Icarus on rotation year after year and this entire gen they've been with their thumbs up their ass instead just raking in the dough.

Sticking with PC/PS3 combo unless they manage to start caring about putting out at least 3 creative AAA games every year. I'm tired of their laziness already and it makes me rage because when they're at their best Nintendo games make me feel like a kid again in a good way and I just get so completely enveloped in the worlds they create, but they've done a real shitty job this gen of matching the N64/SNES glory days.

Orayn

Plinko said:
The controller sounds great if it's a touchscreen included--draw my own plays in football on the fly? Yes, please. Taking notes on puzzles, inventory on Zelda without pausing, etc, etc.
DS-like implementation could definitely work for some games. I just don't see them using ONLY a touch screen. Nintendo definitely knows better than that. (In before comments about DS control schemes.)

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Derp said:
Sources close to Derp can confirm today that the new, as-yet under wraps Nintendo console will interface with the World Wide Web. The system will reportedly connect to this "Inter Net" to exchange data with other computing systems all over the world.

The new hardware will also feature a variety of space-age light-emitting diodes, which can be used to notify players of various console statuses.

Nintendo's new console will also play game software, which is reportedly being programmed by developers, confirm sources. In addition, the hardware will feature a "disc loading mechanism" to accept retail media that will be sold on discs.

Our sources have been unable to confirm if the system will connect to television sets, or if the console will operate using electrical power from standard wall jacks.

WHOA

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
VerTiGo said:
Ono mentioned that 3DS SSFIV connects to a home console version. That was the first leak of Wii successor. Super Street Fighter IV TURBO! For sure.

Expecting playable Wii HD at E3. Seriously.

If it's not due 'til "late 2012", I wouldn't expect a playable unit until next E3.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Call me crazy, but what IF Nintendo has been developping TWO versions of Skyward Sword? One for the Wii, one kept secret for the Wii 2 for the glorious HD and high details? That would maybe explain why this game is taking so fucking long to release and why we have barely any details at all. At this point, Zelda SS is going to be release near the end of 2011 and maybe the Wii 2 will release a few months later, like 1 year after the 3DS.

DO IIIT NINTENDO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom