• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
PORTAL, GAGA'S JUDAS, AND NOW ALL THIS WII2 NEWS IN THE EVE OF MY FINAL EXAMS.

I AM ABOUT TO EXPLODE.

P.S. I feel so generic without my avatar.

Its not a screen on the controller. the patent shows a picture that its a light thing on the sensor bar. like those tvs it will show light on the wall behind the tv that the devs can control. I will post back with the patent number.

Its a case of the site not reading the patent application right. the patent has pictures showing what i am stating

Orayn

L00P said:
Whoa, Nintendo is really hauling some ass.

This thing isn't just a rumor, right?
Search the thread. Some guy asked a Nintendo distributor about this thing and was told to "Be ready."
A storm is coming.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
BlazingDarkness said:
What would be the purpose of adding a screen to the controller? I genuinely can't think of many uses for it
Tingle could be on it telling you where treasure is.

hory-shet.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
B.K. said:
So Nintendo's admitting the motion control gimmick was a failure?

no it's gonna be BC with Wii titles so obviously motion control gaming remains.

Dunno about this screen garbage (i have no idea how they'll retain a functional wiimote form factor with a HD screen jutting out; but hey i'm sure in a few months we'll have everyone making excuses about how it's only somewhat less comfortable than regular controllers but THINK OF TEH INNOVATIONZZ11!!) but hey what's one more absurd gimmick if they come crawling back to the hardcore

kiss it, Nintendo. Kiss my ring. You return upon your stomach, and by my grace I forgive you for your sins my son.

Door2Dawn said:
Has this been confirmed?

NOTHING is confirmed, which makes the thread title changes a little baffling. Like I said, mods must know something we don't because they (or just whoever keeps changing the title) sure keep making it seem like the info here is a sure thing.

Orayn

B.K. said:
So Nintendo's admitting the motion control gimmick was a failure?
Yes. A failed gimmick that made their system #1 and forced both of their main competitors to adopt completely new strategies. That kind of failed gimmick.

seady

It will be 'significantly' powerful than PS3/360, but will be underpowered again against Xbox 720 (assuming release at holiday 2012) and PS4 (holiday 2013).

However, if history is any indication, the first system to arrive will usually have great advantage as it set the footprint for developers to follow. The PS2 and 360 are example of this. However, I am not sure Nintendo is a company that is good at following up with developer support and create strong and long lasting community.

Morts

Hilarity would ensue if 1080p was only for the HD screens on the controller. Hilarity, and depression.

I hope they throw DVD/Blu-ray playback in for once. Of course, I'll buy it anyway.

JWong

Banned
If last year was an indication of anything, hardcore audience won't make this work for them.

They are risking big on this.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
majortom1981 said:
Its not a screen on the controller. the patent shows a picture that its a light thing on the sensor bar. like those tvs it will show light on the wall behind the tv that the devs can control. I will post back with the patent number.

Its a case of the site not reading the patent application right. the patent has pictures showing what i am stating

Wait.... wat?

GeoramA

worldrevolution said:
So now we can look forward to more Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Star Fox, Pilotwings, Metroid, etc. games with 3D..I mean Wii2 on the end of their names right? I wish these franchises stayed in my childhood. New IPs over new tech please, Nintendo.
I'm in the same boat. Other than Zelda, Nintendo IPs just don't appeal to me that much anymore. Maybe a beautiful HD Mario will change that, who knows. Guess we'll see.

Amir0x said:
no it's gonna be BC with Wii titles so obviously motion control gaming remains.

Dunno about this screen garbage (i have no idea how they'll retain a functional wiimote form factor with a HD screen jutting out; but hey i'm sure in a few months we'll have everyone making excuses about how it's only somewhat less comfortable than regular controllers but THINK OF TEH INNOVATIONZZ11!!) but hey what's one more absurd gimmick if they come crawling back to the hardcore

kiss it, Nintendo. Kiss my ring. You return upon your stomach, and by my grave I forgive you for your sins my son.

20100625.jpg

Finally read the whole thread.
I don't see the need for Zelda to be delayed though. They could probably release an enhanced port and it would sell.

So now we can look forward to more Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Star Fox, Pilotwings, Metroid, etc. games with 3D..I mean Wii2 on the end of their names right? I wish these franchises stayed in my childhood. New IPs over new tech please, Nintendo.

Yeah, screw the millions of people who want them around today. That makes so much sense.

Ezalc

RyanCE said:
HD Smash Bros. near launch, please.
I want the next Smash game to not be shit. So take as long as they need with this. Get the online to be FUCKING PERFECT. No shitty roster, stages, better editor, no fucking tripping, no shitty single player mode, and most importantly: NO. FUCKING. SAKURAI.

Angry Fork

Give me a real sequel to Mario 64 with some exploration and open levels and i'll be very interested. None of this linear SNES gameplay shit i'm tired of that with Galaxy.

And Starfox 64 sequel as a launch title.

Matter of fact just make a shitload of sequels and bring back stuff related to N64 since that was the high point imo for Nintendo.

Emitan

JWong said:
If last year was an indication of anything, hardcore audience won't make this work for them.

They are risking big on this.
What hardcore games failed last year? Sin and Punishment? The game they didn't even tell people existed?

WillyFive

Looks like we are now in the RAAAAAAGEEE stage of the new console process.

Ezalc said:
I want the next Smash game to not be shit. So take as long as they need with this. Get the online to be FUCKING PERFECT. No shitty roster, stages, better editor, no fucking tripping, no shitty single player mode, and most importantly: NO. FUCKING. SAKURAI.

At least it wasn't Melee.

Ezalc said:
you should probably be quiet.

knitoe

Just what I have been saying for years now, Nintendo would launched first with a powerful console. Since everyone will have waggle hook, having weak graphics won't work again.

If it is BC, does that confirm they are going with IBM/AMD again?

And if it is IBM, it would be pretty funny if the new CPU is like an upgraded CELL. It will most likely have a BD drive too.

Ezalc said:
Slow down there kiddo, your going to hurt yourself.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Why are people going "RETURN TO THE HARDCORE". Nintendo's "hardcore" output this gen has been better than GCN, and arguably just as good as N64. Unless people are expecting them to go back to SNES days, which is just delusional.

Ezalc said:

Go back to your nerd hole. Brawl was fucking fantastic.

VerTiGo

Banned
Ezalc said:

Fuck Smash Bros.

NINTENDO VS. CAPCOM: TURBO!!!

Big One

Banned
worldrevolution said:
Man Nintendo makes new IPs all the time, that doesn't mean those franchises should stay in "your childhood." Nintendo is pretty much the only one in the business that has more or less taken the franchises to different levels and still have a consistent level of quality to them. That's quite an accomplishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom