• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox Reportedly Reviving Old Marvel Activision Games

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
wasn't a fan of the movie games.....headgames/activision peeked with

X-Men_2_Clone_Wars_cover.jpg
v39vbyhi2jq71.gif

and I'd even take Mutant academy

maxresdefault.jpg

Kerotan

Ok woah guys. I wouldn't want to let Xbox score a win in...old ass games.

1. Nintendo has the best old games
2. PC will run the biggest library of old (or new) games
3. Xbox is the only place a game you bought 15 years ago works fully updated with new graphics without a single thought to configuration or compatibility.
It's definitely an aspect Xbox excels in. When playstation finally does native PS3 games which could be PS6 they'll lose that advantage.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Doesn't Sony only own the rights to spider-man for movies? I don't think they own anything for games, and anyone else can make a game if Marvel agrees.

Correct. They only have the rights to Spider-Man movies and TV shows longer than 45 minutes (Marvel retains the rights for 30 min animated shows). All merchandise including video games is controlled by Marvel (specifically Marvel Games for the games).

Spider-Man has been in a lot of games since the first PS4 game. Sony paid for the exclusive in the Avengers game, but he was in Ultimate Alliance 3, Midnight Suns (a big character in it too), and he's one of the starter characters in Rivals and there are six different Spider-Man skins in Fortnite with Iron Spider being added this season.

S0ULZB0URNE

It's definitely an aspect Xbox excels in. When playstation finally does native PS3 games which could be PS6 they'll lose that advantage.
Playstation 5 already plays more BC games than the series consoles and this is without including the cloud games.
Would be amazing if we could also play PS3 games but I think that ship has sailed.

ManaByte

Gold Member
What a game that was, I loved it so much. I'm sad we won't get a sequel, it would have been perfect for a X-Men game set in Xavier school, everything was there. Best marvel game for me.

It reminded me of the old TSR RPG.

simpatico

Just bring Wolverine to Steam please. It looks like it's going to be the only solid 3D Wolverine game we're going to get in my lifetime.

simpatico

Not holding out hope of the Insomniac game?
I was. I know they're just leaks, but the gameplay looked sped up and slippery. Lightweight and floaty. Yeah I know it's an early build. Best case scenario is they change in a way I prefer. I can't help but see Spider-Man underneath the Logan trim. Since I found out Space Marine 2 is on the World War Z engine I'm having the same problem. Star Wars Galaxy is just a Division reskin and once that sets in you really see it in every video. I love Insomniac of yore. Owned all their stuff on PS2 and PS3. Preferred Ratchet to Jak. Hope it turns out great.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Playstation 5 already plays more BC games than the series consoles and this is without including the cloud games.
Would be amazing if we could also play PS3 games but I think that ship has sailed.
Playstation premium has gone from being a lazy "throw in the ps3 games from ps now" to a quality collection that consistently grows with cult classics regularly added. Currently doing the Syphon trilogy with the exceptional rewind feature. My mates can't wait for the time splitters trilogy being added in a few days.

Last week I did star wars clone wars, Jak and Daxter lost frontier and today I'm doing jak x. Recently did the two Daxter games, ratchet size matters and super stardust portable.

Make them fairly priced and I’ll bite.

Maybe they can do collections? Spider-Man collection, X-Men collection, Legends Collection, etc.

Man the ultimate alliance games (minus the switch one cause i never played it and have no idea how well it was) were the pinnacle of superhero games. Huge roster of characters, well done story lines. I know everyone circle jerks on the new spiderman games and stuff for both positive and negative reasons, but even those games don't hold a candle to the fun that was ultimate alliance in terms of comic book games. I remember renting both games and crushing them out with friends.

No Mxt, hours of just fun, lots of in game secrets and collectables. sigh, the good old days.

Im still baffled why a game like this cant get made. Top down, isometric with co-op play with an IP like this would be huge.

Also, Xmen orgins wolverine was an amazing game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom