• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Gold Member
2 things you never mess with in this day and age. Family and money. And Putin has basically made these billionaires and their families not only broke compared to their previous wealth, but he has basically painted a target on all of their backs.

Putin should probably stay on the ground floor of all his buildings at this point. Just to be safe.
The idea that oligarchs are powerless is laughable. Throw some money at a russian general and see if a military coup may occur.

Romulus

Secondly, Russia has Nukes and is not afraid to use them. No one wants Russia to escalate because of this. They even have Project Dead Hand still active which automatically fires them in the event of catastrophy.

Both sides have submarines with nuclear warheads that are near impossible to detect their locations, so either way we all lose. You can wipe out every square mile of the US and those US subs will still carry out retaliatory objectives against Russia. The opposite is true in Russia's case.

Last edited:

chromhound

Gold Member
Is russia launching an atomic bomb a REAL possibility?

Like nobody in the russian army is gonna stop putin from starting a full fledged world war that is gonna fuck the entire russia forever?! At a certain point someone is gonna stop this guy from doing crazy things...right?

I want to believe that nobody in russia really want to release a nuke...
98% of people don't want this stupid war. It's fucking useless and a waste of time and money. I wouldn't be surprise those Russian billionaires are planning on taking him out

Last edited:

sinnergy

Like nobody in the russian army is gonna stop putin from starting a full fledged world war that is gonna fuck the entire russia forever?! At a certain point someone is gonna stop this guy from doing crazy things...right?

Personally I don’t think they will, no one will win. Maybe small tactical nukes. I bed most of their nukes are duds .. relics from the 50s

LordCBH

They ain’t dropping a nuke on something that close to their own borders

GymWolf

Gold Member
98% of people don't want this stupid war. It's fucking useless and a waste of time and money. I wouldn't be surprise those Russian billionaires are planning on taking him out
I have faith that if it comes to that moment, someone is gonna stop him.

Stay calm old man, you already did enough, go fuck yourself, or something like that.

chromhound

Gold Member
He is in a bunker somewhere.. that’s what cowards do.
He has a 1 billion dollar bunker
4768.jpg

Last edited:

Romulus

People really shouldn't film russian military.
I'm almost sure he was targeted because they thought he could be a spotter/sniper.

This is fucking dangerous and them shooting at you is your own stupid fault.

Yeah, you could be killed, but these Russians aren't really scaring anyone. They come off as weak, unmotivated, and completely disorganized. Basically a giant military machine with 1980s shit. The cameraman barely even flinched.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Yeah, you could be killed, but these Russians aren't really scaring anyone. They come off as weak, unmotivated, and completely disorganized. Basically a giant military machine with 1980s shit. The cameraman barely even flinched.
Helps that most Ukrainian people that we have seen seems to have balls of steel. Including the women.

GymWolf

Gold Member
They ain’t dropping a nuke on something that close to their own borders
And what about releasing nukes on whoever want to help ukraine?? Isn't this the main reason why nobody is doing jack shit against this guy? Because they fear atomic retaliation??

It would be suicidal to use nukes on the US but the guy seems pretty deranged...

Last edited:

Romulus

Helps that most Ukrainian people that we have seen seems to have balls of steel. Including the women.

Yes, also helps that when you're right, you're right. Being invaded is basically a 99 willpower. The exact opposite effect is happening with the Russian troops. By this point, none of this makes any sense to them. They were told they would be liberators.

Nobody_Important

This thing is going nowhere.

Russia will be taking over Kiev in a few days. He will be making his way toward Belarus soon after.

And we will all be complicit in letting this invasion unfold.

We are a fucking embarrassment to humanity.
A few days is being rather generous considering the Russians can't even seem to feed their soldiers or fuel their vehicles consistently.

LordCBH

This thing is going nowhere.

Russia will be taking over Kiev in a few days. He will be making his way toward Belarus soon after.

And we will all be complicit in letting this invasion unfold.

We are a fucking embarrassment to humanity.

I mean right now he doesn’t need to make his way to Belarus. It’s already basically a Russian state. Moldova will be the next in line if/when Ukraine falls.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
What’s going on ? Did he really send outdated machinery across ? Are the reports of stuff stalling true ?

Nobody_Important

What, do you want a few more days to feel more comfortable about condoning this invasion?

Wake the fuck up.
What are you even talking about? Its just a fact. The massive convoy moving to take Kyiv has basically not moved due to poor logistical support. You think they are going to take a heavily defended city with over a million people in it in just a few days?

I'm not the one that needs to wake up here.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What’s going on ? Did he really send outdated machinery across ? Are the reports of stuff stalling true ?
We have been saying this from the beginning, he has been using mostly Cold War surplus. It's a war of attrition (exhausting Ukraine armament) and blockading Kyiv.

Strategically, it would be to hang on to the good stuff if other nations got involved and full on WW3 broke out.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
How could he send troops like this? Is it a subtle way from generals that they don’t agree? Or has corruption ate away at Russian forces from within?

sinnergy

This is so stupid I'm beginning to think the first wave and the entire assault on kiev is a distraction while they take what they actually want in the east and around Crimea
None saw anything the last 20 years of war Russia had .. everyone assumed they had a good army .. it looks like it’s old ass 50s - 80s shit .. now when everyone has smart phones we can see it all .. how the mighty have fallen. Dick contest ..

Sybrix

Anyone have info on the News Reporters situation?

BBC news has had TV presenters in Kyiv for the last week, they broadcast from bunkers.

The Russian convey is on the way to Kyiv and will likely hold it under siege.

Do these reporters have special access in and out? How do they get their food etc?

darrylgorn

Whats your fucking point? Do you want them to surrender or what?

I want more aggressive military action on our part.

We are wasting precious opportunity where there is very little risk for us. If we wait, the risk increases exponentially.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Most likely it was abandoned. It seems like that the Russian heavy artillery is one use only. Once it's out of ammo or fuel it needs to be replaced.

It's not out of ammo, all 24 of the tubes appear to be armed, could very well be out of fuel though.

The TOS-1A can be reloaded but it takes time, and is normally only used once in an engagement and then returns to a near by TZM-T (pictured below) for reload before returning back to front for support.

TZM-T_of_the_TOS-1A_system_%286%29.jpg

Its purpose surprisingly is direct fire, while it looks like something that would be used over extreme distances its closer in use to something like the American M4 Calliope rather than say an M270, its pod is manually sighted and adjusted just like any other direct fire weapon. So it moves in with other tanks as part of a column like the T-72 (hence why it shares a hull) and when it finds something like an entrenced position full of hostiles it unloads and then backs out to reload while the other vehicles continue forward.

Last edited:
Might get the people within Russia to wake up and turn against Putin when the walls are closing in and 140 million people realize the life they had has been destroyed by their leader. I’m just waiting for Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam to block Russia from gaming platforms too, Apple and Google to block Russia from app stores.
well supposedly they removed apple pay etc from being used for their metro so its happening.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Wait so either putin sent in shit machines and newer spillers to simply act as cannon fodder or Russia doesn’t have modern tech ?

Spacefish

None saw anything the last 20 years of war Russia had .. everyone assumed they had a good army .. it looks like it’s old ass 50s - 80s shit .. now when everyone has smart phones we can see it all .. how the mighty have fallen. Dick contest ..
Russia has recent combat experience in the middle east, sending a bunch of decrepit cold war shit driven by boys who don't even know they are going to war and with no way to contact HQ seems like a complete distraction. If it wasn't for all the sanctions fucking up their economy I would have said peace negotiations would finish as soon as they got what they wanted in the east. Now I have no idea what their plan is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom