• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little light humor :pie_roffles:

274979757_5599631660053616_7954178506577822309_n.jpg
"Cyclists think they own the road" is so damn true bruh

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Yeah, the very concept of "war crime" has always been cynical to me. "Guys, war is ok, killing thousands of people is ok, destroying vehicles and infrastructures is ok, having a country collapse is ok. Just don't touch civilians."
You can have war made upon you, respond and not commit war crimes.

…hypothetically…I highly doubt it’ll ever

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
If you knew more about kadyrov you would support lard bullets in 2 seconds. Those guys are sick to the core.
Yeah those guys are basically monsters. If even half the things the say about him and his inner circle are true then they are some of the worst war criminals there is in the region.

Not saying this excuses anything. Just acknowledging that those dudes are the worst.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

You realize the Russians early setbacks are just that. They are adapting strategies and learning. They will resupply and get their logistics sorted out. It's inevitable given the force balance. Barring NATO involvement, there is nothing that can stop them.

The US 2003 kinetic war in Iraq, which was a stunning success on a much smaller nation-state that was much less prepared, lasted 26 days. We're 7 days in.

See my last post for the only rational option.
Yeah I'll pass. If Zelensky and his people would rather fight and die for their country rather than see it fall into the hands of a madman then that is their right as a result of the freedom that they enjoy.

I'm not going to sit on my couch here in Texas in my air conditioned house and try to pretend that I know what's best for a people who are dying for their right to exist.

asustitan

Banned
What in the living fuck is this shit?!?! Seriously Mexico?!?!

I agree I still want to hear both sides.

RT is being banned which I don't agree with.

I remember in Syria all the false flag chemical attacks and crisis actors that were going on. which RT revealed at the time. Your usual notable news outlets were actually the ones pushing BS.

Last edited:

DrAspirino

Banned
The fuck, Mexico?
3rd world country will 3rd world country. Disappointing.
Really, guys?

I mean, Mexico, along with the entirety of Latin America, is considered a 3rd world country and has absolutely no decisive power wether to sanction or not Russia. "Sanctioning" is rich countries' priviledges.

It's as if my country (Chile) set sanctions to Russia: what on earth would russians lose? wine?

You people don't seem to realize that 3rd world countries like ours have to dance with god AND the devil in order to survive.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

i wonder if its feasible that US/MEX are playing good cop bad cop...if mex plays nice, they can be our insider to RU for the future. ....if there is a future

they also cant really hurt russia that much financially.. at least i dont think so.

Last edited:
Yeah I'll pass. If Zelensky and his people would rather fight and die for their country rather than see it fall into the hands of a madman then that is their right as a result of the freedom that they enjoy.

I'm not going to sit on my couch here in Texas in my air conditioned house and try to pretend that I know what's best for a people who are dying for their right to exist.

I never said they shouldn't fight. Where did I say that? Please, point it out to me.

What I'm talking about is the attitudes of many here that this is a sustainable conflict or that the Ukrainians and the Western world is winning and things will never be the same again. 'Statue building'. You, yourself was guilty of this.

Welp, just wait to see how quick the western populace will return to their consumerist beliefs and American Idol/Eurovision watching when this is over as multinational corporations rush to reopen markets. And the most scary is this belief that regime change in Russia will result just given enough time. They are committed and not turning back. These are dreams, fairytales that the internet and social media are stoking that are dangerous.

We're all losing, it's time to turn this off. Offer Putin an off-ramp and way to save face and return to the Minsk protocol outlines before more people die, the government collapses and we lose everything.

isoRhythm

Banned
If you knew more about kadyrov you would support lard bullets in 2 seconds. Those guys are sick to the core.
And I am sure there are crazy violent Christians/jews out there, but that does not give me the right to disrespect their faith. I already explained how symbolically what the lard bullet means to me & my people. I will never support nazis and I will never support Russia.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Really, guys?

I mean, Mexico, along with the entirety of Latin America, is considered a 3rd world country and has absolutely no decisive power wether to sanction or not Russia. "Sanctioning" is rich countries' priviledges.

It's as if my country (Chile) set sanctions to Russia: what on earth would russians lose? wine?

You people don't seem to realize that 3rd world countries like ours have to dance with god AND the devil in order to survive.

Every little helps.

Nobody_Important

I never said they shouldn't fight. Where did I say that? Please, point it out to me.

What I'm talking about is the attitudes of many here that this is a sustainable conflict or that the Ukrainians and the Western world is winning and things will never be the same again. 'Statue building'. You, yourself was guilty of this.

Welp, just wait to see how quick the western populace will return to their consumerist beliefs and American Idol/Eurovision watching when this is over as multinational corporations rush to reopen markets. And the most scary is this belief that regime change in Russia will result just given enough time. They are committed and not turning back. These are dreams, fairytales that the internet and social media are stoking that are dangerous.

We're all losing, it's time to turn this off. Offer Putin an off-ramp and way to save face and return to the Minsk protocol outlines before more people die, the government collapses and we lose everything.
I have never once said that Ukraine can win this in a conventional way. It's all about holding out as long as you can and let the sanctions do their work. Make the conflict too costly for Russia to continue. That's always been the goal for the moment the first tank started heading towards Kyiv.

People in here are celebrating the good news that comes out of Ukraine because it deserves to be celebrated not because they think Ukraine is going to turn around and drive them back into Russia. That's not happening. Everyone knows that.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I'm trying to sell you truth. It's up to you if you want to follow false prophets.

It’s just one voice and one point of view. I like to listen many different perspective, especially coming from Poland. These from the left and these from the right. Feel free to share some other interesting takes on the whole situation.

Yoboman

Really, guys?

Mexico is a rich country. If it is considered third world its because it is also corrupt and has poor education and job opportunities. A rich economy run for the wealthy of Mexico

sinnergy

I have never once said that Ukraine can win this in a conventional way. It's all about holding out as long as you can and let the sanctions do their work. Make the conflict too costly for Russia to continue. That's always been the goal for the moment the first tank started heading towards Kyiv.

People in here are celebrating the good news that comes out of Ukraine because it deserves to be celebrated not because they think Ukraine is going to turn around and drive them back into Russia. That's not happening. Everyone knows that.
Yup , stretch it as long as you can . Stretch them thin and long, dig holes in the ground , stingers out of windows , Molotov cocktails , booby traps Rambo style , the whole show. Costs a lot of money for Russia.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
Really, guys?

You're likely right, however, if you want to send all your Pisco and Wine to me to offset the sanction loss I'll do my best to make it worth your while.

NickFire

Remember the Alamo good sir. Remember the Alamo.

Hari Seldon

Mexico is a rich country. If it is considered third world its because it is also corrupt and has poor education and job opportunities. A rich economy run for the wealthy of Mexico
If you have drug lords beheading politicians that is pretty much the definition of 3rd world.

Liljagare

That huge convoy, more and more reports coming in from intelligence services that they are out of fuel, out of food, and have stalled.

Would make sense, they haven't moved that many miles in the last few days, here is to hoping they have indeed mired down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom