• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uk6MCxR.jpg

Look at that pathetic scooby doo van theyre using

Pathetic? The UAZ vans are amazing.

Last edited:

isoRhythm

Banned
Really, guys?

I mean, Mexico, along with the entirety of Latin America, is considered a 3rd world country and has absolutely no decisive power wether to sanction or not Russia. "Sanctioning" is rich countries' priviledges.

It's as if my country (Chile) set sanctions to Russia: what on earth would russians lose? wine?

You people don't seem to realize that 3rd world countries like ours have to dance with god AND the devil in order to survive.
Don't you know? "3rd world" countries have no agency to make these decisions on their own or else EU/US will threaten to wreak havoc on them. Does that sound familiar? (Cough cough Russia)

RAÏSanÏa

Really, guys?

I mean, Mexico, along with the entirety of Latin America, is considered a 3rd world country and has absolutely no decisive power wether to sanction or not Russia. "Sanctioning" is rich countries' priviledges.

It's as if my country (Chile) set sanctions to Russia: what on earth would russians lose? wine?

You people don't seem to realize that 3rd world countries like ours have to dance with god AND the devil in order to survive.
Sanctions maybe. The attempt to pressure the US regarding Russian access to social media is another matter and an attack against the US in favour of Russian aggression.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If you have drug lords beheading politicians that is pretty much the definition of 3rd world.
They're also importing Islamic jihadists to train their cartels.

Last edited:

base

Banned
It’s just one voice and one point of view. I like to listen many different perspective, especially coming from Poland. These from the left and these from the right. Feel free to share some other interesting takes on the whole situation.
What do you want to know exactly? Feel free to ask.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Yup , stretch it as long as you can . Stretch them thin and long, dig holes in the ground , stingers out of windows , Molotov cocktails , booby traps Rambo style , the whole show. Costs a lot of money for Russia.
Costs them money they no longer have lol

Go_Ly_Dow

That huge convoy, more and more reports coming in from intelligence services that they are out of fuel, out of food, and have stalled.

Would make sense, they haven't moved that many miles in the last few days, here is to hoping they have indeed mired down.

I want to believe this and hope to god its true, but struggle to believe this. We know this convoy has fuck tons of supply trucks too. So, surely they're loaded with food and fuel....

base

Banned

This guy work at the Polish border. He says that only 20% of the people coming from Ukraine are women with children, the rest are dark-skinned people. It's possible that Belarus sent those people to move into Poland. At the moment the border guards don't check any documents, they let everyone in. That might be a problem in the future. We won't be able to send those people back to their countries.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
If Zelenski can make it out of this, I bet Ukraine will offer him the crown. If he is brilliant he turns it down and becomes a hero like Washington and AttaTurk ushering in a new Ukrainian age.

base

Banned
They say they are all students from Ukraine but they don't even know their universities names and what they study.

Liljagare

I want to believe this and hope to god its true, but struggle to believe this. We know this convoy has fuck tons of supply trucks too. So, surely they're loaded with food and fuel....

Same here, it is disgustingly hard to differentiate between propaganda and what is happening right now, but, I am holding all my thumbs for that it is true that they are suffering from extreme logistical problems. We'll know within a few days though.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
What do you want to know exactly? Feel free to ask.

The general consensus here is that Putin is a madman that has completely lost the plot and invaded Ukraine with no plan or strategy sending his army to starve on its way to Kiev.

So anything that can potentially explain why ruskie are doing this, what's the plan and what's the end goal is always welcomed.

Last edited:

base

Banned
The general consensus here is that Putin is a mad man that has completely lost the plot and invaded Ukraine with no plan or strategy sending his army to starve on its way to Kiev.

So anything that can potentially explain why ruskie are doing this, what's the plan and what's the end goal is always welcomed.
It's obvious for people living in the East Europe. He wants to rebuild the Soviet Union. But now with capitalism. He said clearly that Ukraine is an artifical country. He denies its existence. AFAIK russian kids learn at school that even my country (Poland) is a rebellious republic but it's under their influence.

Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia are all West Slavic countries. Together with the Balkan countries, the Baltic countries, even Russia and many more, we are all Slavic. Yet we can't cooperate together. Russia wants to to take it all.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

This guy work at the Polish border. He says that only 20% of the people coming from Ukraine are women with children, the rest are dark-skinned people. It's possible that Belarus sent those people to move into Poland. At the moment the border guards don't check any documents, they let everyone in. That might be a problem in the future. We won't be able to send those people back to their countries.

Polish border guard be like:

MV5BZjdkMGJlY2ItNTJjNS00NGQ1LTkzZDgtNTU3NWYwYzM4NmM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODkwNzA0OTM@._V1_.jpg

base

Banned
I ask you one question. Why Russia isn't the richest country in the world? It has oil, gas, metals, everything on its territory. But yet its own citizens are rather poor. Why? It's obvious. For centuries, their leaders were monsters, they killed millions of their own people and use them for their goals. Having minerals is one thing, but the problem with Russia is their MENTALITY.

Bojji

They say they are all students from Ukraine but they don't even know their universities names and what they study.

Yeah, Belarus was storming our borders with people they brought to Minsk since begging of this year. Now they just dumped them to Ukraine and they can walk into EU territory without issue, we should give those "students" direction to Germany where they want to be.

sinnergy

But Ukraine doesn't have planes capable of doing so, at least that's what i understood.
You can hide on the side with stingers .. i would have dug myself in for days .. Rambo style . Anything is possible with guerilla tactics.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

So Russia is like the Disney of Slavs then. They have to own everything because they think they are the biggest and best. I get it.

I'm actually hitting an emotional wall with all this stuff.

Bojji

So Russia is like the Disney of Slavs then. They have to own everything because they think they are the biggest and best. I get it.

Russia was always ruled by Tyrants. No other slavic nation could cooperate with them, they wanted everything.

base

Banned

The friendship between USSR and Poland was written into our constitution. I remember how they used us back then. Everything was exported to them, meanwhile the Polish people were waiting in queues for food.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I ask you one question. Why Russia isn't the richest country in the world? It has oil, gas, metals, everything on its territory. But yet its own citizens are rather poor. Why? It's obvious. For centuries, their leaders were monsters, they killed millions of their own people and use them for their goals. Having minerals is one thing, but the problem with Russia is their MENTALITY.

It's what I said before. Russians are the biggest chauvinists in the world. They think their people are the chosen ones. Meanwhile over 30 million people live without a toilet in their home or access to water supply. Outside of a few big cities it's a wild wild west (east).

It's obvious for people living in the East Europe. He wants to rebuild the Soviet Union. But now with capitalism. He said clearly that Ukraine is an artifical country. He denies its existence. AFAIK russian kids learn at school that even my country (Poland) is a rebellious republic but it's under their influence.

Yeah, I know about that. He was very clear in his message for the last 20+ years. If I'm not mistaken he said it in his inauguration speech.

akimbo009

Gold Member
The general consensus here is that Putin is a madman that has completely lost the plot and invaded Ukraine with no plan or strategy sending his army to starve on its way to Kiev.

That's the general consensus.... globally. I think we're all wondering what the hell this guy has been thinking. Nothing he does in Ukraine adds up to anything more than a pyrric victory. His country has been knocked back 20 years in reputation, his economy is nothing, and his people are seeing this for what it is once all these sanctions and travel restrictions begin to bite.

So he gets part of Ukraine, with an eternally restive population. Yay?

base

Banned
It's what I said before. Russians are the biggest chauvinists in the world. They think their people are the chosen ones. Meanwhile over 30 million people live without a toilet in their home or access to water supply. Outside of a few big cities it's a wild wild west (east).

Yeah, I know about that. He was very clear in his message for the last 20+ years. If I'm not mistaken he said it in his inauguration speech.
Bro, during the Soviet Union, their propaganda was so huge that they encouraged kids at school to inform the autorities if their parents were anti-communistic.

Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia are all West Slavic countries. Together with the Balkan countries, the Baltic countries, even Russia and many more, we are all Slavic. Yet we can't cooperate together. Russia wants to to take it all.

That's honestly worrying if true. Again, another parallel to Nazi-Germany:

During early Nazi-Germany the youth of Germany were purposefully indoctrinated with fabricated history in school. That shit is nothing to scoff at and dangerous if anything.

Last edited:

base

Banned
That's honestly worrying if true. Again, another parallel to Nazi-Germany:

During early Nazi-Germany the youth of Germany were purposefully indoctrinated with fabricated history. That shit is nothing to scoff at and dangerous if anything.
They forced us to learn their language when I was at school. We were lucky, most Baltic countries use Russian as their primary language now.

The longer this goes on the more worried I become that the West will just stand by and let Putin do whatever the hell he wants.

Someone needs to slap Putin around a bit. But that could mean all out war involving multiple countries and that's a bad scenario too.

Last edited:
In my eyes, there is no "World War III". It'd just simply be "The End" as everyone slaps the Big Red Button. That's why things like "No Fly Zone" are tantamount to that reality occurring.

The reality is if nuclear wasn't an issue and Putin was as unhinged as he seems to be, we'd have already mopped them out of Ukraine and he knows it, so it's always the "nuke saber" rattling from him.

The issue is he does seem unhinged and whilst we think the damage economically has been historical now, it hasn't even begun to take severe effect. The punishments mount seemingly by the hour.

Last edited:

base

Banned
I've been in 19 and 21 I did not see too many Soldiers, but I saw boats in the distance.
I was in Playa del Carmen. It was a closed resort for tourists patrolled by police and army. The guides told us not to go outside in the night. Even during the day it was fucking annoying to be a white male. Mexicans literally forced me to buy their stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom