• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Russia must stop this shit, but you should also be careful with Twitter.

For example, the four pictures do not show the destroyed center of Kharkiv, but four pictures of a single impact from four different angles.

Of course, that doesn't make it any better or less tragic, but what is sometimes posted on Twitter, no matter from which side, is often deliberately distorted.
Russia must stop this shit, but you should also be careful with Twitter.

For example, the four pictures do not show the destroyed center of Kharkiv, but four pictures of a single impact from four different angles.

Of course, that doesn't make it any better or less tragic, but what is sometimes posted on Twitter, no matter from which side, is often deliberately distorted.

It’s obvious from the pictures that this is one area.

NoviDon

two RU su-35s fighters were taken out yesterday in Kyiv airspace by two UA MiG-29 and land to air s300 missiles. Why are they continuously sending their troops in pointless suicide missions? LINK

Those fighter justs Putin threw away cost $85 million each. How is he planning to replace all of this shit with his economy heading to the dark ages?

hFHN81h.jpg
10/10
This is why I pay for the internet

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member

It shall be prohibited for operators to broadcast, or to enable, facilitate or otherwise contribute to broadcast, any content by the legal persons, entities or bodies listed in Annex IX, including through transmission or distribution by any means such as cable, satellite, IP-TV, internet service providers, internet video-sharing platforms or applications, whether new or pre-installed.

Looks like ISPs in the EU need to block rt.com. First time I've seen actual censorship at work on the internet in my country. Strange feeling.

spons

Gold Member
Unbelievable cyberattacks hit Russian governmental services portal, Kremlin, Parliament, First Channel, Aerospace, Railroad websites on February 26th" informed by Russian media.
Since the beginning of the war, there have been continuous DDoS attacks against various targets in Russia, and they have quickly hit over a terabit per second of capacity.

They're now trying to take down DDoS Guard, the Russian Cloudflare alternative, mostly used by the Russian state and propaganda outlets such as rt.com.

Source: https://t.me/itarmyofukraine2022

Also:

‘Sports genocide’ being waged against Russian athletes, says union
Gonna miss these idiotic headlines when they're shut off the internet here.

Source: https://www.rt.com/sport/551060-russian-athletes-sports-genocide/

Last edited:

Teslerum

Club President Dr. Reinhard Rauball informed the former Federal Chancellor in a personal meeting this morning about a corresponding and unanimous decision of the Executive Committee.

The BV. Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund had already announced on Monday: The assumption of management positions in Russian state-owned companies by an honorary member of the BVB is unacceptable against the background of the Russian war of aggression on Ukraine and the accompanying serious violation of applicable international law.

Schröder's current positions include head of the supervisory board of the Russian oil company Rosneft.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
They are alive and there 82 of them not 13 dead like zelensky said. Even their government confirmed it, you can easily find this because cnn won't told you about that

What? All official reports say they died? Where are you getting the information that they survived?

Thief1987

What? All official reports say they died? Where are you getting the information that they survived?
For example

Even the idea that the whole island was defended by only 13 troops was idiotic from the beginning

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
For example

Even the idea that the whole island was defended by only 13 troops was idiotic from the beginning

Even CNN already confirmed this.

I can't keep up with this information war. One day a story is true then the next it's confirmed to be fake.

I can't keep up with this information war. One day a story is true then the next it's confirmed to be fake.
Most of what people has been posting here is pure propaganda. If you are interested in following what is going on the best is probably look for a local news outlet in your native language focused on military content.

Last edited:

darrylgorn

HAHAHA.. This can't be real... They can't be this fucking stupid and naive.. He left Ukraine at the dead of night fleeing like a little bitch back in 2014.

It would be an incredible internet meme if everyone changed their avatar to Zelensky's face 🙊

Hari Seldon

Wow, no one expected that. China is supporting its buddy. I guess last week they sanctioned a new gas pipeline going from Russia to China.
China is doing typical China shit where they are talking out of both sides of their mouth and doing whatever is best for China. Fuck China.

Is walking around with invasion plans and maps something people in the modern day do?
How would they have gotten hold of these? Furthermore, if they actually had Russian battle plans, why would they make the info public, letting Russia know that they know?
Yeah, it makes no sense. Probably if they turn the page you will find Putin's personal celphone number :messenger_tears_of_joy:

RAÏSanÏa

I don't think you can call Ukrainian war stories from the first day "official reports" as if they have gone through some rigorous process.
Indeed, there's some mighty high standards for instant gratification.
They should wait for their news for a week to meet those standards.

Loope

Is walking around with invasion plans and maps something people in the modern day do?
How would they have gotten hold of these? Furthermore, if they actually had Russian battle plans, why would they make the info public, letting Russia know that they know?
Exactly, that's what i was thinking. In WW2 to get plans you needed to conquer a lot of shit, now it just falls in your lap.

Raven117

I wouldn't worry about it too much. News out of warzones is notoriously difficult to pin down...especially quickly...especially at the speed in which information can spread now.

Its just part of it. (Ie...apply a 72 hour rule for most stories).

NickFire

So we avoid the worst case scenario (WW3), but China ends up making itself the boss on matters of world affairs by neutering the economic sanctions. Obviously the people of Iran Ukraine are paying the steepest price, but this is a disaster for everyone not called China and Russia. Is there anything I'm missing on this? Are there any credible reasons to believe this is not what is happening?

speckz

“The moral is not that you should be complacent about serious events or assume nothing can harm your portfolio, but that you should be cautious about drawing a straight line from the news to turns in the market. Although Wall Street has no shortage of professional commentators on geopolitics, it’s difficult to successfully trade on their forecasts. Markets often stumble on headlines, but soon after these wobbles, they tend to return to whatever the prior trends were.”

nyvItBF.png

TwinB242

Yes, they have incenerator trucks to evaporate their dead. Shit country all around. No wonder their morale is so low and they are abandoning their equipment.

It was also reported that they're just straight up leaving dead bodies lying in the street as the convoys move forward. Imagine being a Russian soldier and seeing that.

Last edited:

Gp1

Looks like the eastern Ukrainian forces will probably be encircled in a week or so. I still guess that Ukraine can say goodbye to anything east of the Dnieper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom