• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
dzac6kmz9zk81.png

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

Forsete

Liljagare

Oh for fuck’s sake. This is what I was talking about with the nukes shit. Miss one waypoint or whatever, someone gets trigger happy, someone else responds, and away we go.

The Mayans forgot to carry a 1 with the 2012 shit.

Though, this has happened alot, almost monthly since the 70's, provocation, yes, but, but something new. Sweden is used to it.

What kind of planes do Sweden and Finland have? I seem to recall Finland placing an order for F-35s but that was recent and they probably don't have them yet I'm guessing right?

Sweden has a pretty decent Attack-hunt-surveillance multirole plane, JAS-Gripen (Griffon). It is a fourth generation fighter pretty much, but capable of multiple roles. There are still alot of older JAS-37 Viggen in storage too.

It has short take off and landing capabilities, as Sweden will use highways in times of conflict to land/rearm/take off, since its expected all airfields will be taken out pretty quickly.

the retired, but in storage, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_37_Viggen, was a monster in it's days. Only fighter acknowledged to have gain weapons lock on a SR-71 Blackbird (though, the flightpath of the Blackbird was known, as it passed over Sweden the same path everytime).

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The US/Ruble exchange is rebounding. Now it's 100:1, instead of 110+ like earlier in the week (peaked at 117). The usual trend was 75:1 before the war.

Looks like maybe Russia's new banking policies are working to minimize the currency damage.... at least short term it is.

MadAnon

Those are no match for russian flankers ( not even the f 35)

Europe need to buit better fighters in the future
Mmmm... what!? F35 weapons and targeting systems are so much more advanced than anything russians have in their inventory, it's not even funny. An F35 would take out most of the russian junk before it even realises there's an F35 haunting it. F35 is pretty much a flying computer meant to fight beyond visual range. Russian SUs are nothing but dogfighters. They are outdated as hell.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Mhmmm... what!? F35 weapons and targeting systems are so much more advanced than anything russians have in their inventory, it's not even funny. An F35 would take out most of the russian junk before it even realises there's an F35 haunting it. F35 is pretty much a flying computer meant to fight beyond visual range. Russian SUs are nothing but dogfighters. They are outdated as hell.
No man f35 stealth and radar are overestimated ( it is still detectable even with pesa/aesa). Once it located and have to face confrontation its a sitting duck...3d trust vectoring..climb rate..high altitude..low altitude fight...range...speed..agility...supermanouvreabilty...will be murdered by flankers...the typhoon f18 super hornets and f15 are still better options...

Ok anyway im not here for that..

Im looking for good news anytime puttin army is getting halted or decimated...

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Visegrad 24 is a bleh-source my friend.

Not seeing this anywhere else.

Could be coincidence, but timing and shit.

Forsete

Could be coincidence, but timing and shit.

Seems to be all over Romanian news. Bad weather, 5 dead in the helicopter crash. It's not that close to Ukraine or Snake Island.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Romulus

Still on paper mig 29 ( and its newer variant mig 35) are better on air to air confrontation compared to saab and gripen

Gota admit russians are still better on that ( they only lack funding) thats why i said nato need to built better fighter in the future

I don't believe the Russians are better at anything anymore. Ill take a superior trained Western pilot in an F16 over most any current Russian in a Mig. I don't believe they even understand what maintenance is either.
Id also like to see how many Russian migs have been shot down in one week compared to western fighters in the entirety of both Gulf Wars

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Holy shit a Mig-21? Are people still flying B17s and P-51s somewhere?
Dude Romania is really poor. It's hard to believe tho, we have such aircraft put as a memorials near military base (it's like 10kms from me, so that's how I know it)

54386550_8TSvRgo6gTA51hu4V48g1eG5u3PzSLbfYOKYcgFHfs0.jpg

It has been put when I was around 5 years old...

MadAnon

No man f35 stealth and radar are overestimated ( it is still detectable). Once it located and have to face confrontation its a sitting duck...3d trust vectoring..climb rate..high altitude..low altitude fight...range....supermanouvreabilty...will be murdered by flankers...the typhoon f18 super hornets and f15 are still better options...

Ok anyway im not here for that..

Im looking for good news anytime puttin army is getting halted or decimated...
You still living in 20th century like russian planes? Man, dogfights are a thing of the past. It's now about, who spots who first. And F35 is light years ahead in this department.

Stealth is not overrated. Good luck getting a quality lock on a target that has radar cross section of a bird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom