• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnergy

I don't believe the Russians are better at anything anymore. Ill take a superior trained Western pilot in an F16 over most any current Russian in a Mig. I don't believe they even understand what maintenance is either.
Id also like to see how many Russian migs have been shot down in one week compared to western fighters in the entirety of both Gulf Wars
Superior at close 🤣 who needs that here is a long distance missile in your ass from a F16 or f35 🤡

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I don't believe the Russians are better at anything anymore. Ill take a superior trained Western pilot in an F16 over most any current Russian in a Mig. I don't believe they even understand what maintenance is either.
Id also like to see how many Russian migs have been shot down in one week compared to western fighters in the entirety of both Gulf Wars

Last edited:

chromhound

Gold Member
imagine their nuclear arsenal...

Bragr

Banned
Are you implying Muslims can be compared to Nazis?
No, of course not, but some of the most radical can be. isis for example is just as bad as the worst ss nazis of ww2. and some of the chenchyns under kadyrov is worse than the nazis in ukraine.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I am not a religious person but I'm closing my hands. This is getting really real and close to home. Crazy how couple of people can ruin the world and their people do nothing.

There are many people in Russia who are against Putin and we've seen them demonstrating in Russian cities, but there are also many other Russian citizens that support Putin and believe the lies fed to them by the Russian propaganda machine.

RAÏSanÏa

No need to flex. They know it works.

The strategy seems to have changed for the moment to drawing Russia and their allies out by making them escalate.
That demand of the Americans to open up the social media to Russia echoed by the Mexican president was enlightening about their agenda.

Romulus

And on paper the Russian army isn't bad either, but the opposite is true. I think thats exactly why the US doesn't worry about the best numbers, they have superior training and logistics.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

I doubt that, and I also doubt the world will have the same energy and corporate virtue signaling.

Time will tell, sadly.
Ehhhhh don’t be so certain

I'm not certain and I also doubt we will have the courage to do it as the Chinese economy is tied much more to our own.
What I'm saying is that we will need to do it, otherwise the century is over for the West, China will keep on growing more powerful with nobody to stop them.

It's very much a line drawn in the sand on geopolitical term, either we defend Taiwan, or China eat our lunch IMHO.

It generally comes down to the training of the pilot, but the F-15 is still over 100-0 in air-to-air combat against mostly Russian designs in the Middle East.

And the next-generation F-22 and F-35 are so far ahead of them all-around, but especially stealth and network centric warfare, it's not even funny.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
why? aren't they not apart of NATO? so there should be no interference from other nations right? I mean, the world is watching ukrainians get slaughtered and they are doing nothing to intervene with troops or air support, and that is because they aren't apart of NATO so the west will keep the same energy for those nations i'm expecting...
They are members of the EU and so other members of the Union would definitely step in to help them.

Atrus

Gold Member
No man f35 stealth and radar are overestimated ( it is still detectable). Once it located and have to face confrontation its a sitting duck...3d vectoring..climb rate..high altitude..low altitude fight...will be murdered by flankers...the f18 super hornets and f15 are still better options...

Ok anyway im not here for that..

Im looking for good news anytime puttin army is getting halted or sabotage..

The only thing Russians can keep comparable is missile technology.

The gap between the Russian planes like the SU-35 out now and NATO 5th gen planes is larger than a Soviet era MBT and modern Western MBT.

There’s not one comparable fighter on the Russian side that’s in full production.

Gp1

If you think jets like grippen are good enough to fight Su 30 MK, Su 33, Su35 or migs 29/35 youre in for rude awakening man

6:1. Considering that we are talking about a Swedish simulation, i can give you at least a 3 to 4 :1 in Grippen favor.

Grippen E uses the most advanced AA weapons combo (Meteor + Irit-T) in the world with a electronic suit comparable to the most advanced US/Nato fighters. Besides that it's way cheaper to operate and maintain than anything that Russia has. It's at least 10 to 15 years ahead in avionics compared with the bulk of the Russian forces except the Felon and maybe the newest MIG-35. I believe that the vast majority of the Su-35 doesn't even have an AESA radar. (not considering the human factor)

You can see this situation in South America and on the Indian procurement process. The arrival of the first Grippen E for Brazil made Venezuela SU-30 MK2 obsolete and Argentina scramble to buy something equivalent to the Su-75.

And we're not even talking about 5th Gen. A Su-35 / Mig-35 + AWACS force against a 5th gen fighter + AWACS would be like "clubbing baby seals".

Last edited:
The 64 ordered F35 will be phased in from 2027 after a quick google search.
They currently operate F/A-18

Sweden uses SAAB JAS 39 Gripen in different variants. The E-variant being the latest and basically like a new aircraft compared to the old C versions. Not sure how many E-versions are operational yet though.
Brazil will also operate a number of Jas 39 Gripen E (NG). It seems that their options included the Eurofighter Typhoon, the Dassault Rafale, the Sukhoi Su-35 and the Boing F-18 Super Hornet but in the end they decided to go with the Gripen. So, I guess, the Swedish aircraft is probably a very capable and cost efficient machine.

NickFire

I'm not certain and I also doubt we will have the courage to do it as the Chinese economy is tied much more to our own.
What I'm saying is that we will need to do it, otherwise the century is over for the West, China will keep on growing more powerful with nobody to stop them.

It's very much a line drawn in the sand on geopolitical term, either we defend Taiwan, or China eat our lunch IMHO.
The news about China refusing to participate in sanctions makes me very much concerned that China drew a different line in the sand about one week ago, and without telling anyone but Putin. I really hope not, but China is passing on a huge opportunity to flex its power while showing solidarity with everyone else. Certainly feels like they are testing the West here.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm curious to see what the market effects are going to be on Russia's economy, currency, and banking system come Monday. Then we can get a better idea if these sanctions are toothless or effective. I feel like it's not looking good for Russia, but they're just feelings and I need some actual data to determine if it's confirmation bias.
Russia giving me some major blue balls over here....

akimbo009

Gold Member
6:1. Considering that we are talking about a Swedish simulation, i can give you at least a 3 to 4 :1 in Grippen favor.

Grippen E uses the most advanced AA weapons combo (Meteor + Irit-T) in the world with a electronic suit comparable to the most advanced US/Nato fighters. Besides that it's way cheaper to operate and maintain than anything that Russia has. It's at least 10 to 15 years ahead in avionics compared with the bulk of the Russian forces except the Felon and maybe the newest MIG-35. I believe that the vast majority of the Su-35 doesn't even have an AESA radar. (not considering the human factor)

You can see this situation in South America and on the Indian procurement process. The arrival of the first Grippen E for Brazil made Venezuela SU-30 MK2 obsolete and Argentina scramble to buy something equivalent to the Su-75.

And we're not even talking about 5th Gen. A Su-35 / Mig-35 + AWACS force against a 5th gen fighter + AWACS would be like "clubbing baby seals".

Russia hardware hasn't been favorable in any actual combat scenario since the 60s/70s. All these other theoretics being presented are more vaporware since any advanced weaponry Russia could produce has been built in such low numbers it really isn't consequential in practical terms.

UnNamed

Banned
Russian army was too disorganized for a long term war, but not only in terms of logistic, also troops. It was like this campaign was made with young privates with no experience on the battleground on purpose. I thought russian army was way better than this, instead we had thanks with no fuel, stucked in the mud, driven by youngsters who shoot at doors, and a 40km line of military troops stopped for no valid reason. I have some doubt Ucranian forces was able to stop the russian army so easily.

This is probably a fake war. Russia have shown they still have power in geopolitical decisions and so they warns other not-NATO countries to not try to do the same because USA and EU will not send troops, they will probably have Cecenia, Donetsk and Luhansk. Ucraine will be free from Russia's influence but they will not join NATO because they can't sacrifice people to fight Russia in a endless war. They still have sanctions, but without a war they have little sense. SWIFT block will be revoked to ease the purchase of gas, and some other ban will lift from countries who want to have business relationships with Russia.

In the end Putin will have what he wanted.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Russian army was too disorganized for a long term war, but not only in terms of logistic, also troops. It was like this campaign was made with young privates with no experience on the battleground on purpose. I thought russian army was way better than this, instead we had thanks with no fuel, stucked in the mud, driven by youngsters who shoot at doors, and a 40km line of military troops stopped for no valid reason. I have some doubt Ucranian forces was able to stop the russian army so easily.

This is probably a fake war. Russia have shown they still have power in geopolitical decisions and so they warns other not-NATO countries to not try to do the same because USA and EU will not send troops, they will probably have Cecenia, Donetsk and Luhansk. Ucraine will be free from Russia's influence but they will not join NATO because they can't sacrifice people to fight Russia in a endless war. They still have sanctions, but without a war they have little sense. SWIFT block will be revoked to ease the purchase of gas, and some other ban will lift from countries who want to have business relationships with Russia.

Putin shares such lathered dreams.

sinnergy

He will have his poor Russia isolated from the world at looked at if they are idiots .. great win, he really impressed us all 🤣

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Fighting the good fight.
"Hey guys. I poured out my Russian vodka. I'm doing my part!"

14446892.jpg

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

You disparage for whatever reason, but these add to the total.
I'm not on Russia's side.

My grandparents were from Ukraine. They immigrated to the States around 1910 to escape persecution of Jews.

What good is dumping your Russian vodka though that you already bought? It's just virtue signaling on an international level. In fact we're sort of seeing cancel culture in an international level so to speak. Yeah, Putin sucks ass and he's a nut job but do we really need to go to this extent? Especially when many of the average Russians are against this war.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

The total of what? If they're in the local stores to be purchased then the Russian manufactuers already received their payment to make and ship the product to the stores.
What worries how long before innocent Russian Americans get persecuted or targeted by idiots blaming them for all this? Like what some people did with Arabs or Muslims in America after 9/11.

Removing anything Russian and like this is fanning flames and enabling crazy people.

Darkmakaimura

That wasn't my implication. Your posts are clear that way. It was unclear why you would take a swipe at a sanction. Didn't really matter to me the reason, just pointing out that even small acts do add up.
I'm not against sanctions but it's going way beyond this and you know that. There's absolutely no reason to remove Anastasia or throw away vodka that was already bought.

RAÏSanÏa

What worries how long before innocent Russian Americans get persecuted or targeted by idiots blaming them for all this? Like what some people did with Arabs or Muslims in America after 9/11.

Removing anything Russian and like this is fanning flames and enabling crazy people.
That hysteria clarifies your reasoning.

Darkmakaimura

Yeah and I just want to clarify. I support sanctions. I support sanctioning Russia. I do not support canceling pretty much everything that has to do with Russia. One is a necessity and the other one is just going overboard to be honest.

MrMephistoX

I mean they are even removing Stoli which isn’t even made in Russia because of the name same with Smirnoff…what’s next Russian River brewing from CA?
67nhsl2.jpg

dem

As fun as the idea of seizing yachts is...
What is the government going to do with a seized Yacht? Is the government going to take on maintenance of said Yacht for years? Sell it? To who?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom