• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how Russia will recover economically from this. A huge chunk of their big companis are about to go belly up and the poor are gonna get a lot poorer.

Oil and natural gas sales will continue to EU nations (half of Russias gdp), and trade with China / India will probably continue in some capacity.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't know how Russia will recover economically from this. A huge chunk of their big companis are about to go belly up and the poor are gonna get a lot poorer.
They wont. And if they do, it'll be 10 or 20 years.

Even if war stopped today and Russia pulled out of Ukraine, all those sanctions and corporations leaving Russia arent going to return to normal tomorrow.

These business decisions will go on for years. Maybe even a decade for some things.

Gp1

Seriously now. This is BATSHIT crazy (go for the entire thread)

and another analysis on why the air war isn't working for the Russians

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Doesn't he predict a war every year. Eventually shit tossed to the wall will stick.
Don't watch him so wouldn't know those details. Although, that does go with a thought that he could have been supplying steady info for supporters of the war with developments.

ManaByte

Gold Member

and another analysis of why the air war isn't working for the Russians

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

MadAnon

and another analysis on why the air war isn't working for the Russians

Today alone there are videos of 3 different (confirmed by different numbers on them) downed russian SU-25s. There's reason why russian airforce is largely missing. They are getting ass blasted and seem to be afraid to lose their most precious planes.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m reading stuff from parents with kids with disabilities. Some kids can’t find foods that they’re not allergic to and some can’t even find diapers. This sounds like a total cluster. We gave $200 to someone we know cause her kid has a disability and she can’t provide for him during this. Credit cards are frozen as well.

Last edited:

Gp1

Today alone there are videos of 3 different (confirmed by different numbers on them) downed russian SU-25s. There's reason why russian airforce is largely missing. They are getting ass blasted and seem to be afraid to lose their most precious planes.

The Ukranians got the SU-25 and the SAR chopper.

The article explain this. The tried a "american way of war"/shock and awe without the air component for the first 3-4 days. Now we will begin to see the "soviet" way of war. (massive land forces, heavy shelling etc.)

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Seriously though could Russia deliberately or inadvertently set off a megaton blast at this plant or Chernobyl without actually dropping a nuke by shelling and or setting off a bomb and then blaming it on an errant ukranian missile or something?
Here's another video that mentions a failed nuclear test:

Kimahri

Banned
I'm baffled by Putin and his goons. How stupid do they think people are? Sitting there telling other state leaders that Russia bombing cities is just false propaganda?

Does he think we are all dum dums who'll gobble up whatever horseshit he serves, or is he actually so pitifully stupid that he thinks that shit will stick?

I'm at a complete loss. It's like he looked to North Korean leadership and thought "yeah, that's the way to do it".

MrMephistoX

Here's another video that mentions a failed nuclear test:

Well that’s just fucking terrifying especially when the Chernobyl sarcophagus has seen better days and could get shelled too at this rate… it seems like a meltdown would be inevitable at this plant if they resume the fire fight.

luffie

I'm baffled by Putin and his goons. How stupid do they think people are? Sitting there telling other state leaders that Russia bombing cities is just false propaganda?

Does he think we are all dum dums who'll gobble up whatever horseshit he serves, or is he actually so pitifully stupid that he thinks that shit will stick?

I'm at a complete loss. It's like he looked to North Korean leadership and thought "yeah, that's the way to do it".
He is stupid alright, but you underestimate how stupid ppl are too.

The horseshit he serves are not for you, but a majority of Russians, and i can assure you plenty gobble it up, it is the same thing with China.

Alebrije

Gold Member
Probably a good time to start stocking up on food and non-perishables. This is likely the beginning to another big price hike:

Fertilizers should be put out of sanctions the same way Oil and Gas are. Nitrogen based fertilizer are a must to massive crops like corn but in general are used on all type of crops.

Before invasion the prices were high , Urea doubled its price from january 2021 to 2022.

This will affect food prices because there are not other sources for Nitrogen based fertilizes in the short term.

MrMephistoX

He is stupid alright, but you underestimate how stupid ppl are too.

The horseshit he serves are not for you, but a majority of Russians, and i can assure you plenty gobble it up, it is the same thing with China.
Which is why certain stupid politicians with bad combovers knee jerk calling his invasion “Smart” on day one of the is more laughable now that Putin’s gone off the rails and invaded the whole country not just the renegade areas.

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
Which is why certain stupid politicians with bad combovers knee jerk calling his invasion “Smart” on day one of the is more laughable now that Putin’s gone off the rails and invaded the whole country not just the renegade areas.
I'm still in awe of the fact that people are buying, hook line and sinker, the fabricated media narratives built from chopped up, out of context comments.

When you got the amount of absolutely delusional and mindboggling laws Russia has imposed, its not a surprise they have gotten away with it. Their dissenters and critics are silenced, intimidated, or punished for standing up to the authoritarian regime.

So, as such they have large control over the message they broadcast to the population. Most fail to realize its propaganda because they likely don't question the authority. Its either "accept" the narrative or suffer the consequences for going against it.

Last edited:

QSD

The most bizarre thing in a week already too bizarre to be believed is that Dutch anti-vaxxers, lead by the now infamous Willem Engel, have decided (mere days after all restrictive measures that were supposed to herald the new world order were lifted) that the best way to spend their time now is to support the Putin regime.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Oil and natural gas sales will continue to EU nations (half of Russias gdp), and trade with China / India will probably continue in some capacity.
That is not enough to cover the damage the sanctions are doing to the rest of the country though. Its a band aid on a bullet wound at best.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

This was always the plan, the point here is mostly to secure untapped crude oil resources off the shore of Crimea and in the east around Donbas. The existing conflicts there were largely meant as repellent to the Western oil interest coming in and tapping those resources, which would seriously undercut Russia's chief export. That's the game here, just to secure Russia's oil dominance in Europe.

But that's also why the severe economic warfare being waged by the west is probably the best way you could combat them. If they're worried about money, they better rethink their tactics.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This was always the plan, the point here is mostly to secure untapped crude oil resources off the shore of Crimea and in the east around Donbas. The existing conflicts there were largely meant as repellent to the Western oil interest coming in and tapping those resources, which would seriously undercut Russia's chief export. That's the game here, just to secure Russia's oil dominance in Europe.

But that's also why the severe economic warfare being waged by the west is probably the best way you could combat them. If they're worried about money, they better rethink their tactics.
I remember reading articles before the war started people said it was for a resource grab and Ukraine is it. I dont know anything about Ukraine, but it makes sense. If they got tons of resources and it's all ready to go with people and infrastructure, it's the perfect land grab vs. Russia extracting resources from their gigantic land mass building more infrastructure in isolated places.

RAÏSanÏa

The most bizarre thing in a week already too bizarre to be believed is that Dutch anti-vaxxers, lead by the now infamous Willem Engel, have decided (mere days after all restrictive measures that were supposed to herald the new world order were lifted) that the best way to spend their time now is to support the Putin regime.
🤔How bizarre. How bizarre. :messenger_musical:

Reactions: QSD

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't understand the propaganda. Russian people apparently do not believe that they started a war on ukraine. They dont believe russians are bombing and killing.
Like wtf. You fucking old fools. There is internet and free access to any information. It's not north korea. But these old assholes only look at the Tv. I know, it;s the same in Poland

Wildebeest

The original research these intellectual heavyweights do on facebook is really a wonder to behold.

Reactions: QSD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom