• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Polish people are afraid that nobody will come help us when it's time. Not Nato, eu, nobody despite promises.

And You sister in-law.... she sounds like a piece. Mostly only older people and nationalists are like that. Me and I hope most other Poles are friendly.
But I do have to objectively say this - I think my country is largely racist and looking down on everyone else from the east or south. Polish people hate lgbt, black people and eastern people... and still don't like germans because of ww2 despite it being almost a centur ago lol.
Even at my work - there are still some people who will point ot lgbt person or black person in the crown and say some stupid comment to collegue... it's really embarrasing and I dont keep company like that.
Why dont Polish people think nobody will help when they are part of NATO?

Because countries arent helping Ukraine directly with troops and tanks?

Or it's something beyond that? (where even if there was no Ukraine war, the people still think NATO would bail on them)

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I have been in deployments in Poland for 6 months in 2016 part of OP Reassurance and the army from there is not ready for that kind of shit.

Of course not, Poland wouldn't even last as long as Ukraine. Ukraine is actually doing amazing all things considered. Some military experts are predicting that Poland could fall in 2 days. :messenger_hushed:

But I do have to objectively say this - I think my country is largely racist and looking down on everyone else from the east or south. Polish people hate lgbt, black people and eastern people...

In Poland you can get "wpierdol" (basically a proper ass beating) in the middle of the day in the capital city just because you look different. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

QSD

In the world, where there's still so many dictators/invaders (evil alpha) we still need the good alpha males to stand up against these evils
Well as long as they figure out a way not to annihilate the world in the process

In other news: apparantly Tim Pool thinks Zelensky is actually a beta because he said they (ukraine) desires to keep their children alive. According to Tim, that's such a weak-minded, soy guzzling appeal to emotion

thuGG_pl

Or it's something beyond that? (where even if there was no Ukraine war, the people still think NATO would bail on them)
No, because Polish people very well remember how WW2 started and how we were abandoned. I also don't think that Polish dont believe per se, they are just cautious.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Because nobody helped us during ww2. We were fucked from both sides and then occupied by Russia for decades.....
Now we are free and independent for many many years but Putin plan is to bring old USSR border back...
And our current gov was politically an absolute ASS towards UE and west for last years.

FM-sflsVcAAxOrL

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No, because Polish people very well remember how WW2 started and how we were abandoned. I also don't think that Polish dont believe per se, they are just cautious.
Because nobody helped us during ww2. We were fucked from both sides and then occupied by Russia for decades.....
Now we are free and independent for many many years but Putin plan is to bring old USSR border back...
And our current gov was politically an absolute ASS towards UE and west for last years.
Given that, I can see why people would feel uncertain.

Which is why I wonder if they're really that stupid. Everyone knows they're lying through their teeth, yet they keep repeating the same old lies over and over and over again like we're a bunch of gullible idiots.

Hey, what do I know. Maybe it creates some kind of positive feedback loop of inner persuasion. That way they might eventually believe their own fabricated truths. Plus, they might talk themselves out of it backed by some legalese.

Last edited:

Bojji

Gold Member
You're in Poland, right?

What do the Polish think of this? I was speaking to my sister in-law yesterday and fuck me.......I had to walk away from the laptop before I said something I'd regret. I knew my some of my wife's family were very conservative, but her views were just plain xenophobic. These people are fleeing war. They didn't ask to leave their homes and come to Poland, but my wife's sister was just concerned that these refugees are going to get free housing and take jobs from Polish people..... fucking hell.

Please tell me my suka of a sister in-law is a minority.

In terms of Ukrainians she in total minority, and Poland already had massive Ukrainian population for years. Polish people don't want massive migration from middle east/africa countries. Like what happened when Angela invited them in germany and when Belarus was trying to send people over the border.

And I completely agree with government decisions about this, you can't mix up people with complete different ideology, religion and upbringing and expect good results.

What is fucked up that I personally know people that could be hurt/killed in this war... I worked with many Ukrainians and most of them were great people (including some hot woman :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:). They are also very similar to us in many aspects.

I don't understand the propaganda. Russian people apparently do not believe that they started a war on ukraine. They dont believe russians are bombing and killing.
Like wtf. You fucking old fools. There is internet and free access to any information. It's not north korea. But these old assholes only look at the Tv. I know, it;s the same in Poland
It is not only the old fools but it is understandable due to Russian history. Hardships have always been a part of the culture so to say. For example during 90s Russia experienced 3 defaults of their currency.

Probably a good time to start stocking up on food and non-perishables. This is likely the beginning to another big price hike:

This will affect food prices because there are not other sources for Nitrogen based fertilizes in the short term.
Hungary is already banning grain exports. And China bought 2 times more than needed grain supply last year (or this year).
I suspect that famine is coming because
  1. Russia and Ukraine are the biggest grain suppliers to Middle Eastern countries and Northern Africa (like Egypt where they own 85% of the market, and Egypt is 100m country)
  2. Russia is huge fertilizer supplier (to Brazil for example)
  3. China stopped the exports of phosphates till June 2022
  4. 2nd and 3rfd potassium carbonate exporters are .... Russia and Belarus (and they will potentially leave the market due to sanctions and broken supply chains too)
  5. With broken transportation, war etc. there will be issues with food distribution.
  6. Now imagine gas prices, oil prices and food prices to increase.
  7. Imagine the inflow on refugees coming to Europe due to famine there + Ukraine
  8. And that's before climate change strikes

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Hey, the UK and France tried to help Poland in WW2. The UK declared war on Germany for Poland........then we got destroyed by the Germans and had to pull back, but we tried............przepraszam 😅.

RAÏSanÏa

Seriously though, given the numerous reports of logistical supply problems, it might be the case where the convoy is just stuck and functionally unthreatening, which means that it's more useful as a resource sink and distraction rather than target practice.
One consideration is it might be serving as temp housing for the Russian school teachers and disbanded units that don't want to fight.
Some military experts are predicting that Poland could fall in 2 days. :messenger_hushed:
The same ones you were referring to making predictions about Ukraine?

Last edited:

A Brazilian politician, who went to Ukraine and claims to be helping in the production of Molotov cocktails, was caught sending audio where he says he plans to do sex tourism in Ukraine as soon as the war is over because "The women here are easy because they are poor".
In the 3-minute audio, Arthur Durval talks about how impressed he is with the beauty of Ukrainian women and explains the tips he received on how to conduct sex tourism in European cities taking advantage of poverty.

Look, I am Brazilian and I would like to ask for forgiveness on behalf of the rest of the nation that does not support this bastard.
I wonder if there is any way to get this information to the Ukrainian forces. Nobody would complain if an accident happened to him.

Wildebeest

Hey, the UK and France tried to help Poland in WW2. The UK declared war on Germany for Poland........then we got destroyed by the Germans and had to pull back, but we tried............przepraszam 😅.
IIRC most of the UK military strength was the navy and France believed so much in the Maginot Line that they were very reluctant to move past it to Germany with enough force to relieve Poland. The British navy at least ended up being more use in the long run than the Maginot line. The involvement of Stalin was a top 10 war anime betrayal.

Bojji

Gold Member
A Brazilian politician, who went to Ukraine and claims to be helping in the production of Molotov cocktails, was caught sending audio where he says he plans to do sex tourism in Ukraine as soon as the war is over because "The women here are easy because they are poor".
In the 3-minute audio, Arthur Durval talks about how impressed he is with the beauty of Ukrainian women and explains the tips he received on how to conduct sex tourism in European cities taking advantage of poverty.

Look, I am Brazilian and I would like to ask for forgiveness on behalf of the rest of the nation that does not support this bastard.
I wonder if there is any way to get this information to the Ukrainian forces. Nobody would complain if an accident happened to him.

He is right about this at least.

Last edited:

Teslerum

Ukraine already has/had massive problems with human trafficking.
So despicable trying to take advantage of a warn-torn nation and making it worse.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Ukraine already has/had massive problems with human trafficking.
So despicable trying to take advantage of a warn-torn nation and making it worse.
If that problem is from Russian criminals destabalizing the nation then it might be reduced considerably.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Zelensky has condemns NATO and the west in a television address to the Ukrainian people.

"Knowing that new strikes and casualties are inevitable, Nato deliberately decided not to close the sky over Ukraine," he said in a video address from his office in Kyiv.

"Today the leadership of the alliance gave the green light for further bombing of Ukrainian cities and villages, refusing to make a no-fly zone."

Really strong words from the Ukrainian president, and I get it. It must be heartbreaking to see his people suffer, but I also get the NATO perspective as well.

Wonder how Ukraine will judge the west when this is over? Will these comments and lack of NATO action will push Ukrainian people away from the EU and NATO?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Zelensky has condemns NATO and the west in a television address to the Ukrainian people.

"Knowing that new strikes and casualties are inevitable, Nato deliberately decided not to close the sky over Ukraine," he said in a video address from his office in Kyiv.

"Today the leadership of the alliance gave the green light for further bombing of Ukrainian cities and villages, refusing to make a no-fly zone."

Really strong words from the Ukrainian president, and I get it. It must be heartbreaking to see his people suffer, but I also get the NATO perspective as well.

Wonder how Ukraine will judge the west when this is over? Will these comments and lack of NATO action will push Ukrainian people away from the EU and NATO?

Where was Gondor when the Westfold fell? Where was Gondor when our enemies closed in around us!?

RAÏSanÏa

Wouldn't go so far as to say condemns, eviscerates, demolishes or any other overwrought adjectives.

It's fair criticism and a good, strong political look for him that he isn't a NATO stooge.

FunkMiller

The video in this story is fucked up.

Seems like the cunt has green lit death squads to spread terror.

Sure sign of a military campaign going well, that.

Fuck me, what a pathetic little weasel he is. Strong man? 🤣

Teslerum

If that problem is from Russian criminals destabalizing the nation then it might be reduced considerably.
Other groups are also involved. Ukraine is/was basically in a perfect position when it comes to as a source and transit country. It's a whole topic and there's lots of info around on it if you're interested.

That said, in the last 5+ years or so there has been a massive fight against human trafficking in the Ukraine, creating a better situation. Which is sadly why I don't share your optimism. It's not an issue a government can focus on when its trying to rebuild, so if anything that whole horror could raise more easily again in a post war country.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Other groups are also involved. Ukraine is/was basically in a perfect position when it comes to as a source and transit country. It's a whole topic and there's lots of info around on it if you're interested.

That said, in the last 5+ years or so there has been a massive fight against human trafficking in the Ukraine, creating a better situation. Which is sadly why I don't share your optimism. It's not an issue a government can focus on when its trying to rebuild, so if anything that whole horror could raise more easily again in a post war country.
That seems exactly the kind of issue that could be given particular attention while rebuilding. Ukrainians can clearly chew gum and walk at the same time.

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
I know!

God I hate all the weasel politicians who keep saying things like 'I respect Putin but... Putin is strong but...'

Is he? Is he really though? 🤪
They should really just settle it in the ring…..a boxing match with Vladimir Putin vs Viltali Klitschko. The PPV profits could probably be the last chance Putin has to save the Russian economy.

NATO and The Western leaders are bunch of puss!!! They should close that sky and NO, don’t give me that fucking excuse ‘we don’t want to escalate this…’ bullshit…..as far as I’m concerned it’s already escalated and the blame is squarely on PUTIN…..if there’s a WW3, it’s all on PUTIN

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
NATO and The Western leaders are bunch of puss!!! They should close that sky and NO, don’t give me that fucking excuse ‘we don’t want to escalate this…’ bullshit…..as far as I’m concerned it’s already escalated and the blame is squarely on PUTIN…..if there’s a WW3, it’s all on PUTIN
True but if ww3 began, Poland would be in a crossfire and we would be a giant battlefield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom