• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, Russia wants to create two or three puppet states to the South and Southeast of Ukraine so it doesnt matter for them if Ukraine later on joins NATO, Greep Peace, WTF, whatever. This means that their biggest border with a Nato country would still be to the Baltics (Norway perhaps)?

I think people misunderstood what I am saying. Russia told the invasion was due to NATO Borders (or similar excuse, which has now changed), which is a shit argument to start the war, I have seen people justifying this excuse, but not me. I am 100% against this war, and Russia on this.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As people suspected, Putin isn't giving up. Doesn't matter what sanctions and currency killing tactics western companies and governments do. He's going all in.

Since other countries dont want to directly help out Ukraine, the best bet for Ukraine success is Putin is bluffing his military is that good and can keep it up for months, where the Russian military machine gives up due to bad supplies and attrition as Urkaine wears them out.

But were not there yet.

Last edited:

chromhound

Gold Member
As people suspected, Putin isn't giving up. Doesn't matter what sanctions and currency killing tactics western companies and governments do. He's going all in.

Since other countries dont want to directly help out Ukraine, the best bet for Ukraine success is Putin is bluffing his military is that good and can keep it up for months, where the Russian military machine gives up due to bad supplies and attrition as Urkaine wears them out.

But were not there yet.
Someone from Putin's crew has to take him out

Last edited:

But were not there yet.

If he gives up there is one thing for sure for the annals of Russian history:

A weak leader who sends Russia to the shit because of his stupid idea. (new day, Fuck Putin)

From a powerhouse army to a mess of an army.

That is why I do see him going all in. It won't matter to him if he loses 50% or 75% of the Russian vehicles (currently 25% lost). This is a loss already even if he "wins", which I hope never happens.

Wildebeest

Someone from Putin's crew has to take him out
From the western perspective, that is not something we can plan for. It is clear now that he basically declared war on us in 2014. All we can do is try to slow down his pathological impulse to escalate violence and atrocities as much as we can. And exploit his frequent irrational mistakes when he makes them. It sucks, but what is the alternative.

Airbus Jr

Banned

I Guess many Russian soldiers will die over his ego

I dont like this wars and never wants any victim from both russian and ukraine side

Can someone on cia like amanda wallers made a secret unit task force x team wih people like deadshot, kingshark, piecemaker or anyone and sent them to end putin regime and end this war

Lots of lives will be saved with him out of the office

Last edited:
Putin's apologists saying how NATO "provoked" Russia by expanding eastwards, when NATO pact is and always was defensive in scope.
What I said, was that the NATO excuse is BS, it has always been a shit excuse for this (which now has changed to a Dirt bomb, biological weapons, Nazis), the Russian narrative is shit on this. Even if Ukraine joined NATO, no country would dare to attack Russia first.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
This is a bit old, but I've been watching this channel for a while. Good background on the Soviet states as they are today. His travel vlogs go back a few years and worth watching. He's fluent in Russian and a few others and has spent time in those countries and has a massive amount of respect for the people. Definitely not your average YouTuber.

This video is from 25 Feb and is him and a companion leaving the city of Kyiv. Interesting to see, boots on the ground coverage from someone outside the traditional media and the support infrastructure that comes with that.

In his previous vlog, he travels to a very tiny village on the border of Ukraine & Russia. For those interested:

Bald is one of the best travel vloggers on YouTube, and far more authentic than most. Highly recommended.

I dont like this wars and never wants any victim from both russian and ukraine side

Can someone on cia like amanda wallers made a secret unit task force x team wih people like deadshot, kingshark, piecemaker or anyone and sent them to end putin regime and end this war

Saving lives all depends on if Putin is the only one that wants this.

chromhound

Gold Member

it's not that easy. Must be someone from Russia who's ready to die lol. If they send Americans, automatic war lol

Alx

That is why I do see him going all in. It won't matter to him if he loses 50% or 75% of the Russian vehicles (currently 25% lost). This is a loss already even if he "wins", which I hope never happens.
Putin painted himself into a corner, there aren't many solutions for him to come out of this mess claiming for a win. As long as he pretended he was "fighting nazis", he could hope for removing the current government (or "just" murdering Zelensky), and say "mission accomplished". But after the whole "Ukrain is not a real country", he has no other choice than conquering and occupying a significant part of it.

Liljagare

Swedish government said today that they will not apply for NATO membership at this point in time, as it would further upset the situation.

So glad we got a election this fall, time to vote theese hippies out, 60% of the population are for NATO membership, and that support is only rising. Atleast we're EU members.

TwinB242

Swedish government said today that they will not apply for NATO membership at this point in time, as it would further upset the situation.

So glad we got a election this fall, time to vote theese hippies out, 60% of the population are for NATO membership, and that support is only rising. Atleast we're EU members.

both sweden and finland should try to join nato asap. that would be a big fuck you to Putin and the best way to stand up to him without the west getting involved militarily.

Does anyone know if his admin will ramp up oil production in the US to not only offset this and give some price relief or if we're just going to import more from the Middle East?
Probably just import more. He originally preached off of not hurting Americans as the pump so this 180 is pretty surprising to me. We need to continue that pipeline from Canada.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

both sweden and finland should try to join nato asap. that would be a big fuck you to Putin and the best way to stand up to him without the west getting involved militarily.

Just drone russia to shit, put ukraine flags on all the drones see how they like it.

Moscow Stock Exchange to remain closed on March 9​

renderTimingPixel.png

edition.cnn.com/europe...

LordCBH

Does anyone know if his admin will ramp up oil production in the US to not only offset this and give some price relief or if we're just going to import more from the Middle East?
We’re either going to import more from the Middle East, or just be stuck with less oil. The odds of this administration increasing US production are 0. They’ll claim climate, but then turn around and have 0 problems importing from other places because I guess foreign oil doesn’t impact the climate according to them.

Alebrije

Gold Member
Hope this ends soo
We’re either going to import more from the Middle East, or just be stuck with less oil. The odds of this administration increasing US production are 0. They’ll claim climate, but then turn around and have 0 problems importing from other places because I guess foreign oil doesn’t impact the climate according to them.
OPEP contries have plety of oil to increase supply...But they wont since current prices are honey to them..

Maybe US will get more oil from Venezuela

TwinB242

This is whats really puzzling me. There is so much oil right under our right in the U.S. but we're still buying oil from other countries. The current rumor is that the administration is going to be striking some kind of oil deal with Venezuela. So we might be swapping one dictator (Putin) for another (Maduro).

Last edited:

LordCBH

This is whats really puzzling me. There is so much oil right under our right in the U.S. but we're still buying oil from other countries. The current rumor is that the administration is going to be striking some kind of oil deal with Venezuela. So we might be swapping one dictator (Putin) for another (Maduro).

We could be self reliant and then sell some of the excess. That would be the smart play.

Aggelos

This made me laugh:

Very suspicious timing indeed, for the sequel announcement.

"On March 4, 2022, it was announced that a sequel is in development with Will Smith reprising his role and will be joined by Michael B. Jordan. Both actors will also produce and Akiva Goldsman will return to write the screenplay."

Last edited:

LordCBH

I feel like I got a great bargain last week when I filled up for a paltry 3.42 a gallon. Nowhere in my neck of the woods is under 4 now.

Filled up at $3.79 a gallon last Wednesday. Sign changed to $3.99 as I was pulling out of the parking lot. I got a fat raise last year and I can’t even tell cause gas has more than doubled here since then, and most of my groceries are more expensive too. It’s making me very uncomfortable to be quite honest.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Filled up at $3.79 a gallon last Wednesday. Sign changed to $3.99 as I was pulling out of the parking lot. I got a fat raise last year and I can’t even tell cause gas has more than doubled here since then, and most of my groceries are more expensive too. It’s making me very uncomfortable to be quite honest.
It's the talk of my workplace currently just how expensive absolutely everything is now. I make more now than I ever have but you could hardly tell.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Then I do not see the reason to import any.
It's not that simple. "Petroleum imports/exports" is a category that includes both refined and unrefined oil. Think about any games that you've played that involves managing complex supply chains. Depending on the circumstances, sometimes it's better to have the entire supply chain from raw material extraction to refinement domestically. Sometimes it's better to import more of the raw materials and then focus on the refinement process. The USA has a heavier focus on refinement. We import more crude oil but export more refined petroleum.

haxan7

Banned

I Guess many Russian soldiers will die over his ego

What a fucking tyrant Putin is. It will be interesting to see what becomes of Russia after this is all over. I'm happy to be living in a proper civilized nation where we don't do things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom