• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistake

There's no aisle. There's life which comes with responsibility and humility to accommodate others and death which requires irresponsibility and self-serving conceit to accommodate only oneself.
One contributes to civilization and other leeches.
Save your suicide sonnets please.

Seems a ton of different companies are pulling out of Russia as well. Many people there are buying assets and preparing for the worst

RAÏSanÏa

Save your suicide sonnets please.

Seems a ton of different companies are pulling out of Russia as well. Many people there are buying assets and preparing for the worst
That has nothing to do with the conspiratorial speculation of biolabs or bizarre swine flu tangent you brought forward under discussion. Now you're grasping. Please, take your L and sit down. This is getting embarrassing.

A sonnet is a particular type of poem that is easily identifiable by the rules it follows. As is suicide, which you appear to misunderstand along with the intent of the prose you referenced.

Mistake

That has nothing to do with the conspiratorial speculation of biolabs or bizarre swine flu tangent you brought forward under discussion. Now you're grasping. Please, take your L and sit down. This is getting embarrassing.

A sonnet is a particular type of poem that is easily identifiable by the rules it follows. As is suicide, which you appear to misunderstand along with the intent of the prose you referenced.
I was being obtuse, but you obviously didn’t get it. I have tried twice now to end this, but I guess I’ll have to say it directly. Put me on ignore and do not quote me again

I wonder about the next step from Putin. My guess will be chemical warfare in selected cities.
Looking at what is being said by the Kremlin the stage is set for a nerve gas attack on some stubborn city which they will blame on the Ukrainians.

Who does russia even try to lie, surely they know nobody but their gullible sheeple will believe them.Now that children hospital was being used by the military? Just unbelievable...

betrayal

Banned
I don't think Russia will attack Kiev head-on or ever intended to do so. This is simply a diversion.

Presumably, the goal is to secure the regions east of the Dnieper and to use the river as a natural border in order to protect Donetsk and Luhansk more easily. If you look at the map of Russia's territorial advances, this also becomes very clear.

The fact that Ukraine has destroyed almost all bridges along the Dnieper river is very convenient for Russia and was probably the plan. Every part of the Ukrainian army east of the Dnieper that is pushed back or destroyed can no longer be compensated for logistically by Ukraine.

Russia can and will be able to hold everything east of the river without much effort for ages, while Ukraine will be bled dry and will be worse off day by day and week by week.

betrayal

Banned
Way too far. Russia are getting away with bombing civilian buildings and a children's hospital, but all NATO can do is sit back and watch.

This may sound strange or counterintuitive, but the bombing of schools or hospitals in wars is rarely intended to damage civilians or disrupt health care.

Every military in the world that is at war effectively uses these buildings for storage, training, and generally as a base. The building layout usually provides very good conditions for this.

This is not to excuse anything. Russia is the aggressor, has started a war and must be condemned and severely punished for it. But whether you like it or not, you always have to stick to the facts and the realities of war.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

I know that there are probably a thousand other stories exactly like this, but to see the pictures and to know exactly who is laying on the ground just puts it into a different perspective. The fact that all of this is so completely and utterly unnecessary and unjustified makes it so much harder to swallow as someone who has young nieces, nephews, and cousins.

Every single time I see one of these photos or videos and I see a small body under a tarp or small hands or little feet sticking out of a blanket it just fucking breaks me man. You don't need to be a parent to understand the pain of that. You just have to be a normal breathing human being to understand the amount of pain contained into an image like that.

Putin has destroyed his own country economically, militarily, and emotionally. Russia will not be forgiven for this monstrosity for decades. There will be people across the globe that hold a grudge and a prejudice towards them for their whole lives.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member

So hes essentially saying that every site right now that are investigating for example nuclear fusion are a weapons development program, man good thing Russia didn't invade during the height of covid, that would have had the ukranians caught red handed with there biological terror weapon 😉.

"Dah you study covid? This is bioterror weapon"

What a fucking moron, its no wonder America has so many Qanon loonies if this guy has a show.

Do people not understand where that anti Anthrax pill soldier's swallow at the start of a conflict come from or something? Yeah people study that shit all over the world.

EDIT: infact this seems to be the thrust of the argument, that a lab was studying covid and if it could transfer between bats or migratory birds and how that could start a new potential outbreak in an area without existing cases. Oh gee I can't see how that could be useful outside of using it as a weapon... like you know by everyone during the down curve of a GLOBAL PANDEMIC OF IT!

Oh yes bioweapons... thanks Russia, cool story.

Last edited:

Nico_D

But but but, the russian people know nothing and are not to blame!!!!

Why people automatically beiieve everything they see? Besides those people on the video being idiots, they can be paid or threatened too. Everything is propaganda more likely than it is not.

Naturally there are always people who agree with their government now matter how stupid the government is. We still shouldn't watch single videos and generalize it being "all the Russians".

sinnergy

Can’t they hang molotovcocktails under the drones, bomb the convoys that shit destroys everything.. drips right into vehicles.

sinnergy

This may sound strange or counterintuitive, but the bombing of schools or hospitals in wars is rarely intended to damage civilians or disrupt health care.

Every military in the world that is at war effectively uses these buildings for storage, training, and generally as a base. The building layout usually provides very good conditions for this.

This is not to excuse anything. Russia is the aggressor, has started a war and must be condemned and severely punished for it. But whether you like it or not, you always have to stick to the facts and the realities of war.
They are bombing those buildings to demoralize people and cities .. so they can be taken .. it’s a known tactic. That’s also why the bomb power, infrastructure, schools, etc .. force your way in, break minds . Classic old school warfare .. Russians stuck in the 1950s.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
What's wrong with the dog?

Just another morning in the biggest European country:

It's old, if you have ever owned an old goodest of boys/girls you will know that they get very tired easily and enjoy lying on a warm sofa most of the day. Trecking across the largest country in Europe is not something that would normally be able to do at there age, hence the owner carrying them.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

die-from-cringe.gif

betrayal

Banned
They are bombing those buildings to demoralize people and cities .. so they can be taken .. it’s a known tactic. That’s also why the bomb power, infrastructure, schools, etc .. force your way in, break minds . Classic old school warfare .. Russians stuck in the 1950s.

This has nothing to do with the war and I mean that in quite general terms, but you really are a very simple-minded person who can be wonderfully played. That could already be seen several times in the thread about the coronavirus.

Not that you can definitely exclude a malicious intention of Russia in the bombing of the hospital, but it is more likely that the Ukrainian army occupied the hospital. This is and has been the case in many wars (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_use_of_schools). It is just a very common and ordinary thing and Russia had already pointed out on March 7 that Ukraine was using this hospital as a base and supply point for its operations.

My point here is not to whitewash anything about Russia. Russia started the war, there is no justification for it and Russia must be punished severely for it. This could also be about the USA, NATO or anyone else. But it is simply shocking how many people let themselves be carried away by emotions and often lose sight of very elementary things.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
This has nothing to do with the war and I mean that in quite general terms, but you really are a very simple-minded person who can be wonderfully played. That could already be seen several times in the thread about the coronavirus.

Not that you can definitely exclude a malicious intention of Russia in the bombing of the hospital, but it is more likely that the Ukrainian army occupied the hospital. This is and has been the case in many wars (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_use_of_schools). It is just a very common and ordinary thing and Russia had already pointed out on March 7 that Ukraine was using this hospital as a base and supply point for its operations.

Man where do the bots keep getting the passwords to these Neogaf accounts? Is there like a list somewhere? Better change mine. Its funny that people who thought covid was fake are also the type to blame Russia's explosive rockets hitting a hospital on Ukraine....

Its almost like there's a consistent pattern of behavior involved.

Last edited:

Yoboman

As funny as this is and as balsy as these Ukranians are, you have to give it to the Russian soldiers who are not acting like animals you see in wars. The russian army was absolutely brutal in Afghanistan killing civilians left and right and their war crimes during WW2 are legendary. In post war germany, they might have raped upto 2 million German women. I mean I dont see the U.S Soldiers leaving private property in Iraq when told to do so.

I dont know. This just gives me hope and proves to me that not all hope is lost and not all Russians are as bad as Putin.
Of course not, they are human beings and they aren't going to be brutalising civilians. Not without years of propaganda programming against Ukrainians

Yoboman

Best guy in Hollywood

Winning Oscars, bangs young babes and doesn't give a fuck, wants to save people and the planet in his spare time.

Prison Mike

Banned

My point here is not to whitewash anything about Russia. Russia started the war, there is no justification for it and Russia must be punished severely for it. This could also be about the USA, NATO or anyone else. But it is simply shocking how many people let themselves be carried away by emotions and often lose sight of very elementary things.
Sure Jan GIF

Slightly off topic but holy shit @ what this is doing to gas prices... This is just insane... Yesterday when I was going to the gym 1 liter Diesel was @ 1,95 EUR (which is already the highest it's been BY FAR) and today it's already @ 2,20 EUR. Damn... Driving car is becoming a luxuray if this goes on. Luckily I do not have to drive that much...

Loope

What's wrong with the dog?

Just another morning in the biggest European country:

Damn it. Seeing little kids on the middle of all this shit breaks me.

Since the beggining i've been of the opinion that NATO shouldn't interfere directly, bu i wish they could just enter Ukraine and fuck up all those idiots.

Wow russia pointed it out, then it must be true! Where is the proof for this russian claim? You really think any army would set up shop in a hospital for kids and where babies are being delivered? Yes, maybe the russian scumbags, but that's it.

You're an embarassement man. Get a grip while you still can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom