• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAÏSanÏa

What the hell does the Z even mean?
Easier to carve.

die-from-cringe.gif

Boss knockoffs.

betrayal

Banned
Wow russia pointed it out, then it must be true! Where is the proof for this russian claim? You really think any army would set up shop in a hospital for kids and where babies are being delivered? Yes, maybe the russian scumbags, but that's it.

You're an embarassement man. Get a grip while you still can.

I have repeatedly said that it does not have to be true, but that hospitals and schools are very often used by the military during a war.

I have also repeatedly stated clearly whose side I am on (spoiler: it is clearly Ukraine). I am even sure that we have the exact same opinion at the core.

But the thing is, if you have a difficulty with the mere understanding of globally known realities, then that's not my problem. But I will give you the well-intentioned advice for your future life to look at things with a little emotional detachment, so you do not immediately classify everything by your emotional and socio-cultural standards.

FunkMiller

I have repeatedly said that it does not have to be true, but that hospitals and schools are very often used by the military during a war.

I have also repeatedly stated clearly whose side I am on (spoiler: it is clearly Ukraine). I am even sure that we have the exact same opinion at the core.

But the thing is, if you have a difficulty with the mere understanding of globally known realities, then that's not my problem. But I will give you the well-intentioned advice for your future life to look at things with a little emotional detachment, so you do not immediately classify everything by your emotional and socio-cultural standards.

You have zero evidence to suggest there were Ukrainian army personnel in that hospital. The Russians deliberately bombed civilians.

A lot of bullshit, but no evidence. I rest my case that you're talking out of your ass.
In your previous post you even linked to a wikipedia link about schools. You think when that happens, they are occupying the school while children are getting classes / playing on the playground? Or in this case a hospital (which isn't mentioned in your wikipedia link by the way) while people are giving birth and children are being cared for? Let me guess, those are all paid actors. 'FAKE NEWS' like your russian friends called it today.

You're not on the side of Ukraine, you're just quickly posting a jab at Russia trying to mask your favoritism. You can support them (even though that's dumb), but be man enough to say it instead of just posting shit to try and justify a horrific act as bombing a childrens hospital.

I have 0 connection with Ukraine as I'm from Belgium, but any normal person would be emotional when seeing the footage of dead children/pregnant mothers being stretched out, especially if you're a father/mother yourself.
Everything I said was true as you have proven with this post and I feel sad for you that even though you seem to have free access to the internet you are still this obtuse and stand with Russia on this.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

You are talking about armies from questionable countries LIKE Russia, most Western Armies fight by certain rules of engagement and the main one is to not use civilians as fucking shields, their job is to protect civilians and get them out of harms way whilst engaging the enemy, not fucking hiding amongst pregnant women in a hospital knowing full well you're are fighting a Nazi like enemy with no morals.. you really are the sort of gullible western fool Putin loves to feed with lies and misinformation

betrayal

Banned
You have zero evidence to suggest there were Ukrainian army personnel in that hospital. The Russians deliberately bombed civilians.

Where's the evidence?

Why should I provide evidence for something I never claimed?

Here's what i wrote:

"I have repeatedly said that it does not have to be true, but that hospitals and schools are very often used by the military during a war."
"Not that you can definitely exclude a malicious intention of Russia in the bombing of the hospital, ..."

I am honestly at a loss for words, whether I am being trolled or you are really unable to understand that my core statement was that schools and hospitals are very often used by the military in times of war.

You are talking about armies from questionable countries LIKE Russia, most Western Armies fight by certain rules of engagement and the main one is to not use civilians as fucking shields, their job is to protect civilians and get them out of harms way whilst engaging the enemy, not fucking hiding amongst pregnant women in a hospital knowing full well you're are fighting a Nazi like enemy with no morals.. you really are the sort of gullible western fool Putin loves to feed with lies and misinformation

Putin is a war criminal who, as President of Russia, bears full responsibility for this terrible war.

I have friends from Ukraine whose family has been living in the basement in Kiev for two weeks. I know private videos of these people at war time that no one posts on Twitter and a minute from my front door there are hundreds of Ukrainians housed who had to flee this terrible war. I don't need anyone to tell me whose side I'm on and what to think.

But it is and remains frightening with what incredible naivety some imagine a war. As if wars always resemble a biblical battle between angels and the devil. I agree that it is true that in this war there is roughly a good (Ukraine) vs evil (Russia), but if a country thinks that the military can act more safely in a hospital, it will do so. And if a country thinks it can then attack that hospital, it will do that too.

I look forward to reading again anyway that I am pro-Russia or pro-Putin in this case. :pie_eyeroll:

You said:
It is just a very common and ordinary thing and Russia had already pointed out on March 7 that Ukraine was using this hospital as a base and supply point for its operations

So if you have no proof of this statement, and Russia just 'said' it, does that mean you actually believe Russia state media on topics such as this? Was that the same when they said there were no casualties on their side when there were videos of blown up/burning russian soldiers?
Or maybe when they said ukraine was bombing their own civilians?
Or maybe the time they said they were just doing exercises?
Or maybe when they said they didn't send conscripts only to back peddal on that later on?
Or that Ukraine is building a nuke/chemical bomb on it's own with the help of the US

The list goes on and on, but ye that one must have been true because it's very plausible that they were using a working hospital as an army base too.

Last edited:

Neo_GAF

Banned
can someone tell me what exactly is going on? there are actual nazis from the ukraine fighting against russia. ok, but how many? and are they really nazis?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The interesting part is that the TB2s are bombing... the SAM units

An interesting thread about casualties in a war.

One of the points he makes is it depends on who's counting and how they count them.

I assume in the context he is using it will be military only, as counting civilian casualties will dramatically increase the defensive sides loses.

Also please note casualties refer to something that takes a soldier out of battle, so it's not the same as "Death" as it includes the wounded.

However there is a point in history where a defensive action actually resulted in far more defensive casualties by many factors of than the attackers even though the defenders eventually pushed back...

Can you take a guess which country that was?

Last edited:

Raven117

can someone tell me what exactly is going on? there are actual nazis from the ukraine fighting against russia. ok, but how many? and are they really nazis?
There is military unit that is very far right called Azov Battalion. Don’t know how big they are, but that’s about the only “nazis” of any number.

TwinB242

The interesting part is that the TB2s are bombing... the SAM units

An interesting thread about casualties in a war.

This is a good therad. I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but I see people mention the Russian casualties figure all the time but it feels very one sided, because we still don't know what Ukranian army figures look like. For all we know their casualty numbers could be in the same ball park.

Last edited:

Azov batallion are Ukranian nazis. Look it up, they have existed for some time and were always trying to get media attention but they mostly got attention from more obscure news sources.

Nothing about it really makes sense. Jewish president who does homoerotic music videos declaring cossacks gay has a batallion of nazis. Its one of those things that makes me continually question whether or not this is a computer simulation or else if all the news is simply theatre.

People who are pro Ukraine will make the point that it is a small amount of the entire army, but they were publicized and people in the west were complaining about them and questioning why they were allowed to exist for years before this conflict started. You had to be pretty into the news to have heard anything about this until recently. It's one of those stories where if you blink you miss it.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

There is military unit that is very far right called Azov Battalion. Don’t know how big they are, but that’s about the only “nazis” of any number.
Azov batallion are Ukranian nazis. Look it up, they have existed for some time and were always trying to get media attention but they mostly got attention from more obscure news sources.

Nothing about it really makes sense. Jewish president who does homoerotic music videos declaring cossacks gay has a batallion of nazis. Its one of those things that makes me continually question whether or not this is a computer simulation or else if all the news is simply theatre.

People who are pro Ukraine will make the point that it is a small amount of the entire army, but they were publicized and people in the west were complaining about them and questioning why they were allowed to exist for years before this conflict started. You had to be pretty into the nees to have heard anything about this until recently. It's one of those stories where if you blink you miss it.

Oh come on the Nazi line is Putin propaganda. It’s a little like saying some neo Nazis supported Trump therefore all Republicans are Nazis and some neo Nazis must be in the US military and thus america is a Nazi country. Can we just agree todays nazis are racist cos players not just anyone who has right leaning views? I’m sure that battalion are Nazis but the overwhelming majority of Ukraine is not.

Last edited:

Neo_GAF

Banned

People who are pro Ukraine will make the point that it is a small amount of the entire army, but they were publicized and people in the west were complaining about them and questioning why they were allowed to exist for years before this conflict started. You had to be pretty into the news to have heard anything about this until recently. It's one of those stories where if you blink you miss it.

but how big are they?
the nato tweeted on the international women day a pic with a female soldier wearing a black sun patch. it was shortly after deleted but it absolutely is retarded to see how this is going.

my main question is how big is this asov-battallion....

Oh come on the Nazi line is Putin propaganda. It’s a little like saying some neo Nazis supported Trump therefore all Republicans are Nazis and some neo Nazis must be in the US military and thus america is a Nazi country. Can we just agree todays nazis are racist cos players not just anyone who has right leaning views? I’m sure that battalion are Nazis but the overwhelming majority of Ukraine is not.

In the US if you had swastika tattoos you would be discharged from the military. Also its incongruence. A serious country would try to make sense ideologically. It's like if the Vatican had a batallion of devil worshippers.

I'm not accusing Ukrainians of being nazis. I'm pointing out that these people were known about and nothing was done, and it's confusing and makes no sense.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
In the US if you had swastika tattoos you would be discharged from the military. Also its incongruence. A serious country would try to make sense ideologically. It's like if the Vatican had a batallion of devil worshippers.

I'm not accusing Ukrainians of being nazis. I'm pointing out that these people were known about and nothing was done, and it's confusing and makes no sense.
Sure, but the situation is that these guys putting their neck on line for protecting the country and for past 8 years Ukraine take any help they can get. Sure Nazis are bad, but when you are without support, you simply not say no.

Also to point out the issue with fixation on Azov, is that in Russia, there are far more Nazi type groups, with Wanger group being friends directly with Putin.

Obviously USA, there isn't such situation, since you only fuck up other countries, which have hard time to fight with you, but there is no thread of being invaded by some idiot.

Gp1

Another good thread talking about the problems and the lack of capacity in some key areas of the Russian armed forces.
People tend to forget that some "soft skills" that US and western armies have, are not 100% available in other big armies like Russia, China, India etc.

This conflict will be studied for a long time.

TwinB242

Im not defending their horrible beliefs, but they're well trained and committed to fighting for Ukraine so I think that should be the focus right now over their Neo Nazi origins. Right now most of them seem to be based in Mariupol, and their resistance is likely the reason why the Russians have yet to capture the city.

Raven117

I didn't say anything about any of that...the question was "are there nazis fighting the Russians." The answer to that is closer to yes than no with respect to that one Battalion.

You may have been speaking to the other poster, but don't put words in my mouth.

Liljagare

but how big are they?
the nato tweeted on the international women day a pic with a female soldier wearing a black sun patch. it was shortly after deleted but it absolutely is retarded to see how this is going.

my main question is how big is this asov-battallion....

Last time I read, 3-900 people. They have been loosing support since 2014.

Not really huge.

Im not defending their horrible beliefs, but they're well trained and committed to fighting for Ukraine so I think that should be the focus right now over their Neo Nazi origins. Right now most of them seem to be based in Mariupol, and their resistance is likely the reason why the Russians have yet to capture the city.

People get cancelled in the US for having edgy opinions or making bad jokes.

It's really interesting to see this tactical libertarianism/utilitarianism. If we don't live in a simulation these attitudes demonstrate to me that most peoples beliefs are fickle as a leaf in the wind.

TwinB242

People get cancelled in the US for having edgy opinions or making bad jokes.

It's really interesting to see this tactical libertarianism/utilitarianism. If we don't live in a simulation these attitudes demonstrate to me that most peoples beliefs are fickle as a leaf in the wind.

Well there's groups of far right neo nazis in every european country, hell germany has one of the largest populations of them. But if there's a risk your country is going to be invaded and its all hands on deck, I would say the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' approach is probably the better option to take.

Well there's groups of far right neo nazis in every european country, hell germany has one of the largest populations of them. But if there's a risk your country is going to be invaded and its all hands on deck, I would say the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' approach is probably the better option to take.

I only have a problem with the hypocracy of it. Either peoples beliefs aren't really that important and we can just start making fun of people we think have stupid beliefs and otherwise go about their lives, or every Nazi needs to be cancelled even if they just cured cancer and HIV.

I'm bothered by lack of consistency in people's beliefs. It makes it seem like people don't really believe things but instead just respond to stimuli. If that's the case, you really can't expect any kind of consistency in your society, and to the extent we are good or bad for most people it is an accident.

Hari Seldon

Another good thread talking about the problems and the lack of capacity in some key areas of the Russian armed forces.
People tend to forget that some "soft skills" that US and western armies have, are not 100% available in other big armies like Russia, China, India etc.

This conflict will be studied for a long time.

This is what happens when corruption pockets all of the money supposedly going to maintenance, and you largely use conscripts that simply don't give a fuck about how well maintained the equipment is.

Hari Seldon

I only have a problem with the hypocracy of it. Either peoples beliefs aren't really that important and we can just start making fun of people we think have stupid beliefs and otherwise go about their lives, or every Nazi needs to be cancelled even if they just cured cancer and HIV.

I'm bothered by lack of consistency in people's beliefs. It makes it seem like people don't really believe things but instead just respond to stimuli. If that's the case, you really can't expect any kind of consistency in your society, and to the extent we are good or bad for most people it is an accident.
People's beliefs are not that important unless they act on them, and only if that action results in something important. What IS important is not bombing and killing innocent civilians nor having dictatorships invading democracies.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Just your normal filler internet article that you see at work.

Everything's fine.

Some handy tips in there for sure:
  • Lie face down
  • Go away from the wind
  • If you're in a vehicle, come to a complete stop.

Braag

Weird that the drone software is in Windows lmao.
You'd be surprised how many programs you would never expect to run on windows actually does. Recently my dentist buddy showed me some new machine they had receive which makes 3D models with the help of AI of your teeth on the spot. Despite being its own device, it ran in windows.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Slightly off topic but holy shit @ what this is doing to gas prices... This is just insane... Yesterday when I was going to the gym 1 liter Diesel was @ 1,95 EUR (which is already the highest it's been BY FAR) and today it's already @ 2,20 EUR. Damn... Driving car is becoming a luxuray if this goes on. Luckily I do not have to drive that much...
Yep, people with hybrid cars are the real winners here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom