• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinB242

Does that speech Putin is giving look blue screened to anyone else?

Russian TV cut away in the middle of his speech apparently

This was probably the result of a technical issue with the blue/green screen. He is trying to rally his people and is too scared to even show up there.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

"America" doesn't reject them, only the vocal minority being indoctrinated in their Uni's, SM, etc..

Does this mean we can start cleaning house from the Soviet-like commie cultural Marxism on every systemic level? There be lots of hammer & sickles flown and worn in select cities, uni's, "activist" groups, etc, in the US.

Trying to keep up with the cognitive dissonance narratives surrounding this.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service

what a boss honestly. it's such a good speech. wish he was our president
This is why it's valuable to speak to people where they are at, and to understand their perspective a little bit. He's far more persuasive by acknowledging what it is like to be Russian right now, with sincerity, and then trying to give his opinion.

what a boss honestly. it's such a good speech. wish he was our president

This is actually a terrific speech, simple, to the point and informative.
This will make literally zero difference. Russians support this war. It's not just Putin. Look at the pro war rally today. Sure some people maybe didn't want yo be tgere but overwhelming majority is very much pro wsr. It's literalky Nazi shit in modern day. They even have their own swastika.

E7fXyCB.jpg

MrMephistoX

This will make literally zero difference. Russians support this war. It's not just Putin. Look at the pro war rally today. Sure some people maybe didn't want yo be tgere but overwhelming majority is very much pro wsr. It's literalky Nazi shit in modern day. They even have their own swastika.

E7fXyCB.jpg
Seems like it…also pretty good reminder that modern political stagecraft owes a lot of its aesthetics to Josef Goebels :( Remember that the next time ANY politician tries to manipulate the mob.

acm2000

you realise most the people there are public sector workers and students who were forced or tricked right? theres plenty of interviews of people from outside

Celcius

°Temp. member
Why are they trying to turn the letter Z into their symbol though? It’s not even part of their alphabet. It’s going to make it not cool to use the letter Z going forward…

Gp1

Some of them do not look bad. but the "Disarmament", could be really dangerous (do not trust the POS of Putin). Also WTF with the "De-Nazification"? I guess since Putin is deep in that hole, he needs to keep a win....

Doing some futurology based on my "vast armchair analyst experience"/s here.

Disarmament is probably the Ukrainian no-go zone. Imho i think this will end somewhat like the winter war. Putin will probably win Donbass and Crimea recognition. Ukraine will still be an armed "neutral" country and will probably join EU (but not NATO).

Again, IMHO, the only way Russia can win this militarily is taking the eastern half (Dnieper) of Ukraine and call it a day at the negotiation table without occupation. But this probably will take some time specially with this unsustainable attrition rates. Oryx confirmed something like 180 pieces of armor/vehicle + 25 aircrafts/heli lost a week, and that's only the part confirmed in open source.

But i still don't get the "de-nazi" part. Probably Zelensky will have to declare something just for smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If true, I bet he will be pissed off

This is more than likely where he is, and well known.

Cyberpunkd

Of course, that’s why I don’t pity the ordinary Russians for sanctions.

manfestival

Disarmament is probably the Ukrainian no-go zone. Imho i think this will end somewhat like the winter war. Putin will probably win Donbass and Crimea recognition. Ukraine will still be an armed "neutral" country and will probably join EU (but not NATO).

Again, IMHO, the only way Russia can win this militarily is taking the eastern half (Dnieper) of Ukraine and call it a day at the negotiation table without occupation. But this probably will take some time specially with this unsustainable attrition rates. Oryx confirmed something like 180 pieces of armor/vehicle + 25 aircrafts/heli lost a week, and that's only the part confirmed in open source.

But i still don't get the "de-nazi" part. Probably Zelensky will have to declare something just for smoke and mirrors.
Just to address the "de-nazi" part of your question. There is plenty of information surrounding the neo nazi presence within ukraine. Though this is just a front of attempting to justify their invasion. Likely an appeal to the western hatred of nazis as part of this front and to make them seem more like the good guys despite being the aggressor here.

you realise most the people there are public sector workers and students who were forced or tricked right? theres plenty of interviews of people from outside
That's bullshit. I know Russians and they definetly support the war. The few in those interviews could have been neutral, but nobody is forcing them to chant during the rally. And the implication that Russia was like North Korea is nurs. Not only Russia had full access to the internet (and still does except for Facebook) they even had opposition TV, radio and newspapers. The narrative that is being created about "good" Russians is complete nonsense. It's 10% tops. Most fully hate Ukraine and the West and they don't even need good reasons to do so.

Just to address the "de-nazi" part of your question. There is plenty of information surrounding the neo nazi presence within ukraine. Though this is just a front of attempting to justify their invasion. Likely an appeal to the western hatred of nazis as part of this front and to make them seem more like the good guys despite being the aggressor here.
Fuck you for spreadimg Russian propaganda. There are Nazis in Ukraine just like in any other country on the planet INCLUDING Russia. Look at the US police for easiest example. It has NOTHING to do with the war. I mean Russia literally had Nazi rally today and you are still spreading this bullshit.

Last edited:

Gp1

That i know.

What i don't know is what Putin is asking Zelen/Ukraine to do. And what Zelen can do about it. No one know what the "de-nazi" part is in practical terms.

manfestival

That i know.

What i don't know is what Putin is asking Zelen/Ukraine to do. And what Zelen can do about it. No one know what the "de-nazi" part is in practical terms.
Right, it is unclear. Though I think it just adds to them trying to position themselves as a "good guy." So likely just their posturing and a meaningless thing. At leas if I had to guess since there is nothing clear about it.

That i know.

What the fuck? Russia had Nazi rally today an you "know" that there are Nazis in Ukraine? Don't you see the irony there?

Sakura

Disarmament would need other countries to guarantee Ukraine's security. So like if someone invades Ukraine the UK promises to go to war to protect them. Without guarantees of security I'm not sure it will happen.

As for the de-nazi stuff, they might be going to do stuff like protect the Russian language, get rid of Nazi elements like the Azov battalion or whatever it is called, etc and then say that it has been de-nazified (or is in the process). The original plan might have been to outright replace the Ukrainian government, but considering that obviously doesn't seem likely to happen, they will probably want some token stuff to point to to say they achieved that goal.

manfestival

Fuck you. Russia is literally bombing my friends in Ukraine using bullshit Nazi propaganda and you jeep spreading that nonsense. You want to talk about Nazis in Ukraine? Go ahead do it after the war. But in a context of this war it's pure propaganda.
Get a grip. You are letting your emotions control you. Your reading comprehension is completely off and you are using that to make false statements that don't even align with my words. Right now you stating "Russian Propaganda" just comes across as meaningless and are doing yourself no favors.

RAÏSanÏa

Putin is in some stadium giving a rally to celebrate the 8-year anniversary of the last time he illegally invaded Ukraine. Standing far away from anyone in the middle and wearing a long neck jumper to hide his bloating. These Russians are quite good at waving flags while a man speaks nonsense, got to hand it to them. I guess this is Russia fighting back in the information war.
They had to adjust their public face.
138kib-724x543-1474488198-autre19-happy-face-over-angry-face-meme-11562883310wynv1gw9cz.png

He's such a queen.
The resources spent for that exhibition of Western influence they subconsciously adore upon which they pinned their Soviet madness is going to sting them.
Empress Putin being alone on the stage isn't imposing, even with that sweet turtleneck. Cut that Empress' head off and it all melts away.

Get a grip. You are letting your emotions control you. Your reading comprehension is completely off and you are using that to make false statements that don't even align with my words. Right now you stating "Russian Propaganda" just comes across as meaningless and are doing yourself no favors.
I don't give a shit how I come off. Russia spent 8 years pushing this bullshit. And the fact that people like you still think that it's real after all that happened is insanity. Like look at Rusdia today. Who is more Nazi? Dozens of peopeple with Nazi tatoos in independent Ukrainian batalions or thousands of people chanting in a stadium today in support if war. One of those I can find anywhere on the planet and the other are actual Nazis.

manfestival

I don't give a shit how I come off. Russia spent 8 years pushing this bullshit. And the fact that people like you still think that it's real after all that happened is insanity. Like look at Rusdia today. Who is more Nazi? Dozens of peopeple with Nazi tatoos in independent Ukrainian batalions or thousands of people chanting in a stadium today in support if war. One of those I can find anywhere on the planet and the other are actual Nazis.
You are rambling nonsense. Only YOU are making this about "Who is more Nazi" and you also appear to be clueless on what was even discussed. You only got triggered and went into "MUH RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA." I guess your hard trigger is the word Nazi lol.

Also I meant to ask. What is it that you are claiming I think is "real?"

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Or commie dictatorships that have a storied history of doing such a thing in that country. Fascinating that the narratives want to disconnect communism so badly from Russian, and label them Nazis, when they are literally doing commie things that they've done in the past under that hammer & sickle. I wonder why that is? :pie_thinking:

Catphish

Gold Member
Fuck you. Russia is literally bombing my friends in Ukraine using bullshit Nazi propaganda and you jeep spreading that nonsense. You want to talk about Nazis in Ukraine? Go ahead do it after the war. But in a context of this war it's pure propaganda.
Enough with this bullshit. Do a simple google search on Ukraine 'Azov Battalion' and you'll see plenty of Western and American media sources (The Guardian, The Telegraph, and NBC News among them) discussing and describing its past (and perhaps present) affiliation with neo-nazi ideology.

Does that paint the entire Ukrainian military or government neo-nazi? Of course not. Does the acknowledgement of its existence negate or even diminish the Ukrainian cause? I don't think so. But to deny that the faction/element exists (or existed) is to deny reality. And to lash out at someone who is only repeating information found in multiple Western sources (or have they all fallen to Russian propaganda?) is not only ridiculous, it's also tantamount to a personal attack.

I'm sooooo fucking tired of the personal bullshit in this thread. If you disagree, argue your point. But quit fucking tearing people down for trying to make sense of the conflict.

Thaedolus

Or commie dictatorships that have a storied history of doing such a thing in that country. Fascinating that the narratives want to disconnect communism so badly from Russian, and label them Nazis, when they are literally doing commie things that they've done in the past under that hammer & sickle. I wonder why that is? :pie_thinking:
Everything I’ve been seeing has been focused on how Russia has become USSR 2.0, the nazi comparisons have been mostly about their military tactics, strong man at the top (vs communist leaders who did still have some accountability to the ruling class), and poor man’s swastika comparison. This reads like someone already convinced of something and wanting to make the evidence fit.

RAÏSanÏa

Enough with this bullshit. Do a simple google search on Ukraine 'Azov Battalion' and you'll see plenty of Western and American media sources (The Guardian, The Telegraph, and NBC News among them) discussing and describing its past (and perhaps present) affiliation with neo-nazi ideology.

Does that paint the entire Ukrainian military or government neo-nazi? Of course not. Does the acknowledgement of its existence negate or even diminish the Ukrainian cause? I don't think so. But to deny that the faction/element exists (or existed) is to deny reality. And to lash out at someone who is only repeating information found in multiple Western sources (or have they all fallen to Russian propaganda?) is not only ridiculous, it's also tantamount to a personal attack.

I'm sooooo fucking tired of the personal bullshit in this thread. If you disagree, argue your point. But quit fucking tearing people down for trying to make sense of the conflict.
03000104a2b7b8e83e08f0c63f26965b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom