• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Everything I’ve been seeing has been focused on how Russia has become USSR 2.0, the nazi comparisons have been mostly about their military tactics, strong man at the top (vs communist leaders who did still have some accountability to the ruling class), and poor man’s swastika comparison. This reads like someone already convinced of something and wanting to make the evidence fit.
With nuance, I understand that. But there is plenty of that nuance lost when applying the "Nazi label." Not only in here, but the last 10+ years in the cultural social paradigm.

WW2 commie war tactics weren't too kind either.

Enough with this bullshit. Do a simple google search on Ukraine 'Azov Battalion' and you'll see plenty of Western and American media sources (The Guardian, The Telegraph, and NBC News among them) discussing and describing its past (and perhaps present) affiliation with neo-nazi ideology.

Does that paint the entire Ukrainian military or government neo-nazi? Of course not. Does the acknowledgement of its existence negate or even diminish the Ukrainian cause? I don't think so. But to deny that the faction/element exists (or existed) is to deny reality. And to lash out at someone who is only repeating information found in multiple Western sources (or have they all fallen to Russian propaganda?) is not only ridiculous, it's also tantamount to a personal attack.

I'm sooooo fucking tired of the personal bullshit in this thread. If you disagree, argue your point. But quit fucking tearing people down for trying to make sense of the conflict.
Do a search of police and Nazi or US army and Nazi. Or literally anything and Nazi. How are you not seeing past this bullshit?!!! Russia paid shitload of money to have this shit stick and you still believe it?!! How?

Last edited:
You are rambling nonsense. Only YOU are making this about "Who is more Nazi" and you also appear to be clueless on what was even discussed. You only got triggered and went into "MUH RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA." I guess your hard trigger is the word Nazi lol.

Also I meant to ask. What is it that you are claiming I think is "real?"
Nazis being somehow unique problem to Ukraine or this conflict.

Catphish

Gold Member
Do a search of police and Nazi or US army and Nazi. Or literally anything and Nazi. How are you not seeing past this bullshit?!!! Russia paid shutload of money to have this shit stick and you still believe it?!! How?
Ok, so everyone's a liar, except you. Every Western media outlet, currently hammering Russia for what it's doing, is secretly pumping out Russian propaganda to deceive us all with stories about the Azov Battalion.

Sure thing.

Russia is literally doing this and people are taking "denazifying" Ukraine bulletpoint seriously...

fhd7ktE.jpg

Well good news. That was never the case(not a point I think even anyone made). Not even sure how you came to that conclusion from my statements that drove you into the childish behavior.
But by legitimizing this bulletpoint you are reinforcing this propaganda. Like there's no way for Ukraine to agree to any of this nonsense. Because it's pretty mucch manufactured.

manfestival

But by legitimizing this bulletpoint you are reinforcing this propaganda. Like there's no way for Ukraine to agree to any of this nonsense. Because it's pretty mucch manufactured.
No, that is wrong. You may want this to be the case but you are wrong on all fronts here.

Catphish

Gold Member
Russia is literally doing this and people are taking "denazifying" Ukraine bulletpoint seriously...

fhd7ktE.jpg
You might want to take a fucking Xanax and reread the last page. It was never stated that anyone here is taking the denazification of Ukraine seriously. It was stated that Russia is using the existence of that fringe element in Ukraine as a bullshit justification of the invasion.

There’s a BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE.

Ok, so everyone's a liar, except you. Every Western media outlet, currently hammering Russia for what it's doing, is secretly pumping out Russian propaganda to deceive us all with stories about the Azov Battalion.

Sure thing.
What are you are talking about? I'm not denying that there are Nazis in Ukraine or anywhere else on the planet. I'm denying that it has anything to do with this conflict. It's been manufactured reason bt Russia.

RAÏSanÏa

fhd7ktE.jpg
the white color symbolizes nobility and frankness, the blue for faithfulness, honesty, impeccability, and chastity, and the red for courage, generosity, and love.

Fallen blue detaching from evaporating white and sinking red does poetically capture the Russian head.

Last edited:
No, that is wrong. You may want this to be the case but you are wrong on all fronts here.
OK. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit. It's "plenty of reports" and mantion of Azov that triggered me a bit. Azov is especially tough topic because they do have controversial members, but they are also one of the last defenders of Mariupol.

Boss Mog

Everything I’ve been seeing has been focused on how Russia has become USSR 2.0, the nazi comparisons have been mostly about their military tactics, strong man at the top (vs communist leaders who did still have some accountability to the ruling class), and poor man’s swastika comparison. This reads like someone already convinced of something and wanting to make the evidence fit.
Wait are you actually saying that communist dictators are somehow not as bad as nazi dictators?

QSD

Or commie dictatorships that have a storied history of doing such a thing in that country. Fascinating that the narratives want to disconnect communism so badly from Russian, and label them Nazis, when they are literally doing commie things that they've done in the past under that hammer & sickle. I wonder why that is? :pie_thinking:

You mean that this literal situation could not have happened in the post-stalin soviet union because they actually had more checks and balances than Putin has now. There is also nothing that Putin is currently doing that is ideologically coherent with communism. Putin, like you, hates it.

RAÏSanÏa

OK. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit. It's "plenty of reports" and mantion of Azov that triggered me a bit. Azov is especially tough topic because they do have controversial members, but they are also one of the last defenders of Mariupol.
They're defending their democracy and are part, albeit very small, of the national milieu. They do not control the democratic nation, they are citizens of it and have a fulfilling, honourable role.

Diversity & Inclusion AF.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
That i know.

What i don't know is what Putin is asking Zelen/Ukraine to do. And what Zelen can do about it. No one know what the "de-nazi" part is in practical terms.
Russia is asking them to politely lay down and die so that Putin can put in a puppet government and run Ukraine like he does Belarus.

Do not give in to all of the Russia propaganda about Ukraine needing to be cleaned out of Nazis. Zelensky himself is Jewish.

Last edited:

Gp1

Probably you don't get it because it is some very sick in the head hanging on to a very dark period in history.

Ok, describe to me in practical terms today.
What Russia can demand about it? And what Zelensky can do about it with his country involved in a war and the supposed element fighting against the Russians. Without even starting to discuss if azof is this or that.

It's seems to me just a "pseudo casus belli" to justify the Russian invasion for his own population, to put some pressure/stall the negotiations and that the Ukrainians can't do anything to counterpropose.

Russia is asking them to politely lay down and die so that Putin can put in a puppet government and run Ukraine like he does Belarus.

Do not give in to all of the Russia propaganda about Ukraine needing to be cleaned out of Nazis. Zelensky himself is Jewish.

This is pretty clear to me. But if you want any kind of negotiation out of this clusterfuck, because it is a clusterfuck for the Russian forces right now that can degrade them in the long term, this would be just a non issue. You guys need to read between the line.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You mean that this literal situation could not have happened in the post-stalin soviet union because they actually had more checks and balances than Putin has now. There is also nothing that Putin is currently doing that is ideologically coherent with communism. Putin, like you, hates it.
Traditionally no, the new-age globalist brand of it that China is every bit a part of as well... I would argue, yes.

RAÏSanÏa

Never thought I would see the day, where select narratives about neo-Nazis are this.

Do we still punch them after this is all done, or?
That would depend on their role within the nation. A question to answer that would be "Are they a threat to the citizens of the nation they're in?" That's for each country's citizens to figure out for themselves.

Wildebeest

Ok, describe to me in practical terms today.
What Russia can demand about it? And what Zelensky can do about it with his country involved in a war and the supposed element fighting against the Russians. Without even starting to discuss if azof is this or that.
It isn't about today for them in Russia, but their understanding of history. The fact that Germany and Poland are united in sharing humanitarian concerns about Ukrainian people led by a Jewish man shows us those countries have moved on from this history. The fact that Moscow thinks that any expression of independent Ukrainian statehood just has to be a genocidal Nazi collaborator uprising shows they haven't.

manfestival

A bit is an understatement but whatever. This is a more mature response compared to your prior ones. The problem is that you emotionally reacted without understanding what was being stated and not even realizing that apparently we believe the same thing(the idea of russia trying to manufacture consent in their demands using nazis despite everyone know this is absurd). However, in your mind you created a false argument and went off on a tirade until you slowly started to realize that maybe just maybe we agree on the actual point that was made. Also I never mentioned Azov so that clearly has to be meant for someone else unless you lumped that in with my words, which were never made in direct correlation with such.

Nobody_Important

Enough with this bullshit. Do a simple google search on Ukraine 'Azov Battalion' and you'll see plenty of Western and American media sources (The Guardian, The Telegraph, and NBC News among them) discussing and describing its past (and perhaps present) affiliation with neo-nazi ideology.

Does that paint the entire Ukrainian military or government neo-nazi? Of course not. Does the acknowledgement of its existence negate or even diminish the Ukrainian cause? I don't think so. But to deny that the faction/element exists (or existed) is to deny reality. And to lash out at someone who is only repeating information found in multiple Western sources (or have they all fallen to Russian propaganda?) is not only ridiculous, it's also tantamount to a personal attack.

I'm sooooo fucking tired of the personal bullshit in this thread. If you disagree, argue your point. But quit fucking tearing people down for trying to make sense of the conflict.
You can't make sense of something that is completely senseless. There is no justification for what's going on in Ukraine right now and Putin knows that. All he's trying to do is to turn Ukraine into a bigger version of Belarus in order further his goal of reuniting Russia with its lost territories. He said as much for himself before The invasion began.

The fact that there is an extremely insignificant minority of Neo-Nazi douchebags in the country does nothing to change the situation and what's happening. It's all just a smoke screen and a distraction used by Russia to in some way try to excuse what they are doing.

Most people are not so much completely denying that it ever existed so much as they are just not giving in to what Putin wants and covering something that doesn't matter in the context of the current situation.

Catphish

Gold Member
You can't make sense of something that is completely senseless. There is no justification for what's going on in Ukraine right now and Putin knows that. All he's trying to do is to turn Ukraine into a bigger version of Belarus in order further his goal of reuniting Russia with its lost territories. He said as much for himself before The invasion began.

The fact that there is an extremely insignificant minority of Neo-Nazi douchebags in the country does nothing to change the situation and what's happening. It's all just a smoke screen and a distraction used by Russia to in some way try to excuse what they are doing.

Most people are not so much completely denying that it ever existed so much as they are just not giving in to what Putin wants and covering something that doesn't matter in the context of the current situation.
As far as I can tell, no one is disagreeing with any of that.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

As far as I can tell, no one is disagreeing with any of that.
Then maybe I misunderstood what you said. When I saw you talking about the Azov Battalion and then talk about trying make sense of it all I thought you were trying to use them rationalize some of this nonsense.

RAÏSanÏa

Not that I disagree with the statements, I just find it convenient that "now" those narratives get pulled from the deck in this house of cards.
It's not new among occultists, but, yes, is something new to the shared narrative circumstantially pulled from the taroc and added.

Catphish

Gold Member
Then maybe I misunderstood what you said. When I saw you talking about the Azov Battalion and then talk about trying make sense of it all I thought you were trying to use them rationalize some of this nonsense.
And that type of misunderstanding has been igniting all kinds of nonsense in this thread. Not calling you out specifically, no offense intended, just saying that the kneejerk impulse to jump someone's shit based on seeing a few words in a post, without really taking the time to understand what is actually meant, is all too prevalent in here. It's aggravating to me.

Nobody_Important

That would depend on their role within the nation. A question to answer that would be "Are they a threat to the citizens of the nation they're in?" That's for each country's citizens to figure out for themselves.
The answer to that question will always be yes. The current situation of bad people doing good things doesn't change that in the long run.

MikeM

Lol at people claiming the nazi narrative as justification for this invasion. Make it seem like the country was run by nazis and everyone is doing the nazi salute while gassing people.

gela94

This will make literally zero difference. Russians support this war. It's not just Putin. Look at the pro war rally today. Sure some people maybe didn't want yo be tgere but overwhelming majority is very much pro wsr. It's literalky Nazi shit in modern day. They even have their own swastika.

E7fXyCB.jpg
Well Ukraine also has their own little neo nazi group, so I guess they are even.
xmQjzsv.jpg

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I know Steam was criticized for not protesting the Ukraine invasion but it looks like maybe the bank sanctions set by the US maybe hit them?
I probably forgot that they might be using Russian banks like if there is sberbank and they have account there, it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom