• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbus Jr

Banned
I messaged my russian friend. When i ask him about his view on this he said(i just copied):

Probably, i won't surprise you if I speak loud about my support of this operation. Nazis and fascist must be perished in Ukraine. We cannot tolerate this hostile regime along our borders.
Our forces strike against ukro-nazi military objects and forces. We don't strike civilians coz they're same russians as us.
This country will be de-nazified, de-militarized and de-occupied from NATO assholes.
This country will be changed for the sake of Russia's national security. :)
To say again: we don't wage war against ukrainian citizen.
I believe, most of them will become Russians soon...as well ;-)
Thats a nice word to say were going to invade your country

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
As much as I'm sure the graphic is correct in terms of overall numbers, in reality I assume its much different.
How many of the tanks, planes and helicopters are modern, working, fueled, armed, manned and readily supplied
Sure, but the ratio of numbers still stands.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I messaged my russian friend. When i ask him about his view on this he said(i just copied):

Probably, i won't surprise you if I speak loud about my support of this operation. Nazis and fascist must be perished in Ukraine. We cannot tolerate this hostile regime along our borders.
Our forces strike against ukro-nazi military objects and forces. We don't strike civilians coz they're same russians as us.
This country will be de-nazified, de-militarized and de-occupied from NATO assholes.

Ukraine supposed to be neutral, non-nuclear country. But their crazy leaders were corrupted by the USA and some European governments. They were overthrown by nazis and fascists in 2014, then became hostile and dangerous
Just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them a NAZI. This guy must be in Putin's propaganda team.

Sure, but the ratio of numbers still stands.
Oh yeah, no matter what, Russia have the numbers, if just with manpower alone. I just found it funny to see such high numbers of manpower/hardware. If the Intel and satellites have only just about figured out that Russia had 100-190k units by the border previously, they would have definitely seen 3million+ units moving towards Ukraine

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
I don't think the Russian economy will collapse due to this, Putin isn't an idiot.
Yeah, Russia has reserves, they can sustain this situation for a while, money is not a problem short-term. Russia would never initiate this if they knew someone would intervene or if they were in dire financial straits.

CGiRanger

Banned
Yeah, Russia has reserves, they can sustain this situation for a while, money is not a problem short-term. Russia would never initiate this if they knew someone would intervene or if they were in dire financial straits.
Plus they'll get support from friendly countries as well on the down low (or not so down low in China's case)

MachRc

Ukraine supposed to be neutral, non-nuclear country. But their crazy leaders were corrupted by the USA and some European governments. They were overthrown by nazis and fascists in 2014, then became hostile and dangerous
Im sorry you have a brain washed commie for a friend.

Fluo

Your friend ate the Kremlin's propaganda. You have to be a nutjob to believe this.

chromhound

FMYO0HNWQAYo3oX

GladiusFrog

There's a strong culture of nationalism that rivals Nazi Germany over there. Here is an example of that culture... and your friend is fully immersed in it.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
There is no point in fighting a battle you are guaranteed to lose, especially on your own soil.

Then why have they been having military drills and intrenched , manned and armed boarders?

It was worth a try asking here, but it seems folks here are as much in the dark on the reason as I am.

Mistake

“Ukranian nazis” is what my friend said too. Seems nazi this nazi that is used to justify actions in many countries….

Reactions: TGO
Then why have they been having military drills and intrenched , manned and armed boarders?

It was worth a try asking here, but it seems folks here are as much in the dark on the reason as I am.
Looking at the live reddit page, it looks like Ukraine have put up a decent, if overall futile, defence. Obviously its mostly unverified, but it's not gone as smoothly as Putin wanted, lots of pics and videos of destoryed russian hardware, downed helicopters and planes. I think the Ukrainian army are probably picking and choosing what fights to take part in, rather than trying to go head to head with the Russian forces

Javthusiast

Banned
Russian protestors getting arrested left and right.

Meanwhile.

Plus chuds on twitter and youtube defending them and malding over Trudeau.

Last edited:

Braag

Dude sounds like he's completely brainwashed. There's really nothing you can do for people who's minds are so far gone.

Romulus

“Ukranian nazis” is what my friend said too. Seems nazi this nazi that is used to justify actions in many countries….

So the freedom fighting Russians are squashing the second coming of the Nazis before it happens. Ahhh, it all makes sense now. For a moment, the invasion seemed ridiculous.

DryvBy

I've seen this floating around for a bit and this has popped up more than once.

The way Biden is recalling the events of the last 12 hours makes it sound like something that happened 20 years ago. He has a really weird way of delivering a message.

Sounds like the state controlled media propaganda has been a domestic success among some Russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom