• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Then why have they been having military drills and intrenched , manned and armed boarders?

It was worth a try asking here, but it seems folks here are as much in the dark on the reason as I am.
Most of it was likely for show, both for Russia and it's own people.

Mistake

So the freedom fighting Russians are squashing the second coming of the Nazis before it happens. Ahhh, it all makes sense now. For a moment, the invasion seemed ridiculous.
The land itself is quite valuable from a strategic standpoint. Large port and foothold in Europe
Isn't the Ukrainian President Jewish? It doesn't make sense calling them Nazis.
It didn’t make any more sense after the US’ last president put the embassy in Jerusalem and people called him a nazi, but hey, Russia learned from the best I guess.

Last edited:
Sounds like the state controlled media propaganda has been a domestic success among some Russians.
There is an even stronger focus on WW2 history in Russia today, even though the victory has always been a big celebration there. When the government calls Ukrainians nazi, they not only point to Ukrainian nationalist, I think they mostly refer to their role in WW2.

Last edited:
No. Ukraine is not part of NATO. There's going to be a lot of yelling and screaming from Western Countries, but none are willing to go to war over it for the sake of Ukraine. America is done with war after two failed attempts and the European Union was never interested in it in the first place.

Other countries have sent troops, money….

Putin won’t stop at Ukraine, his vision is to revive the Soviet Union, he’s not been shy about his thinking that the fall of the Soviet Union was a “tragedy”. He’s a tyrant that needs to be shutdown.

Russian soldiers have taken control of Chernobyl.

Russians protesting the war in Russia are being arrested.

China making it known they are behind their Russian butt buddies.

Last edited:
Btw, the Russian ministry of digital development, communication and media has threatened with blocking and hand big "fines" if its media outlets report "disinformation" about the attacks in Ukraine.

Only "official Russian sources" deliver actual updated and accurate information, according to the ministry.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Btw, the Russian ministry of digital development, communication and media has threatened with blocking and hand big "fines" if its media outlets report "disinformation" about the attacks in Ukraine.

Only "official Russian sources" deliver actual updated and accurate information, according to the ministry.

Season 5 Lol GIF by Real Husbands of Hollywood

What a load of horseshit!!

IT. IS. NOT. WORKING!!

All these wealthy individuals/entities have to do is to shove 2-3 briefcase full of money under the table to the bankers and they will help them circumvent all these sanctions (UK, Swiss bankers are the worst!!) no wonder so many wealthy Russians make home in the UK and Switzerland. The corruption in the Western countries are as bad if not worse than in 3rd world countries, because our bankers do it in a much higher complex/advanced level

Boss Mog

So all these woke corporations and Sports leagues that love to champion causes, have any of them stepped forward to condemn Russia and take their business away? Have FIFA and UEFA banned Russia and all its clubs from all competitions? is FIA cancelling the Russian GP?

miles118

Some people either do not want sanctions to hit Russia or want arm force to go in Ukraine to risk bigger conflict 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

chromhound

What a load of horseshit!!

IT. IS. NOT. WORKING!!

All these wealthy individuals/entities have to do is to shove 2-3 briefcase full of money under the table to the bankers and they will help them circumvent all these sanctions (UK, Swiss bankers are the worst!!) no wonder so many wealthy Russians make home in the UK and Switzerland. The corruption in the Western countries are as bad if not worse than in 3rd world countries, because our bankers do it in a much higher complex/advanced level
they probably converted most of their money in Gold

and WTF Germany????

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Germany makes a decision in favour of their mercantilist policies and blocks holding a country accountable for an illegal war because it hurts them? I'm shocked, I tell you, simply shocked. Who could predict a twist like that? Not good ol' Germany, ethical champion of Europe.

Mistake

Another problem to point out, is if SWIFT is cut and international sanctions are too harsh, it could create another situation similar to what spurred WWII with Germany. Pretty unlikely though

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

So all these woke corporations and Sports leagues that love to champion causes, have any of them stepped forward to condemn Russia and take their business away? Have FIFA and UEFA banned Russia and all its clubs from all competitions? is FIA cancelling the Russian GP?
I can still go on Steam right now and buy Russian made flight sims and my money would go to Russian devs lmao.

CGiRanger

Banned
We should be pulling troops out of Germany and telling them that we will defend them if they stop importing gas from Russia. Until then no one should be dying for those corrupt assholes.
Nato and the EU have always seemed to rely on the US to basically bear the brunt of it all. The current admin sadly will not be the one to tell them to wake up and pull their own weight.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Another problem to point out, is if SWIFT is cut and international sanctions are too harsh, it could create another situation similar to what spurred WWII with Germany

Isn’t that irrelevant? With the rise of modern propaganda Putin already has a big chunk of Russians believing everything he says.

Boss Mog

China also knows the US wouldn’t do dick about it. If I’m China, I’m moving on Taiwan by the end of the week.
I have a good Taiwanese friend and he said he started working on his exit strategy the day Biden took office. I fear he may soon need it; there's no way Xi isn't looking at this and saying to himself: "well, Putin is getting away with it, no reason I can't.".

jason10mm

Gold Member

I like watching the sign language lady. I never knew they had signs for "cyberattack" and the expressions, signs, and mouth pops she makes for the "air raids and tank attacks" stuff are, out of context, hilarious. Still seems odd to me they use ASL instead of closed captioning but it is what it is.

Nato and the EU have always seemed to rely on the US to basically bear the brunt of it all. The current admin sadly will not be the one to tell them to wake up and pull their own weight.

IIRC wasn't that Trump's biggest issue with NATO and why he wanted to pull us out as they're weren't paying their dues and letting us do all the heavy lifting? And now Germany tells us not to overly sanction them and we bend over that quickly and will send troops to their border?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom