• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Another historic failure of the West.

After the annexation of Crimea, we didn't manage to set up a credible(!) deterrent, that could have stopped this madman from taking the whole goddam country.
I hear ya.

But the going rate answers are:

1. Ukraine isnt part of NATO

2. If someone does react and help out, it might make Russia go WW3. So stay out of it and let Russia/Ukraine settle it themselves

sinnergy

Nah that's in NATO, I don't think that Putin is that crazy...
Sometimes you have to stand up for what’s right .. this is clearly wrong yet the West is hiding behind rules ..

Ever did this for your self ? Do something that’s right .. even if everyone says don’t ..

That’s how hero’s are made ..

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

This is russian helis raining fire on a Ukraine airport.

The Ukrainian military does have anti air weapons why arent they using them?

Also same goes for tanks, vehicles and ground troops.

Where are Ukraines defenses?

Or are these attacks in the donbas region where ukraine has no military presence?

sinnergy

I am Georgian.
Immediately got 2008 Russian-Georgian war flashbacks when our family was running away from the battlefield.

Russia can't just leave ex-ussr countries alone can they?

What kind of rotten mind can't sleep at night without building war plans nonstop?
Yes depressing he .. in this day and age.. after all the COVID politics I thought we would be in the clear ..

But clearly there is still the need for war ..

Last edited:
I hear ya.

But the going rate answers are:

1. Ukraine isnt part of NATO

2. If someone does react and help out, it might make Russia go WW3. So stay out of it and let Russia/Ukraine settle it themselves
That's why we should have raised the stakes beforehand so that there wouldn't be an invasion at all.

Instead, we pursued, more or less, a policy of appeasement a la Chamberlain.

Now it is too late, you are absolutely right.

Thaedolus

Sometimes you have to stand up for what’s right .. this is clearly wrong yet the West is hiding behind rules ..

Ever did this for your self ? Do something that’s right .. even if everyone says don’t ..

There won’t be any heroes left if there’s a nuclear war, and old tiny dick Putin just threatened that if the rest of the west intervenes.

miles118

Very interesting article about the company in Germany who helped build the Nord Stream 2 pipeline :

Last edited:

sinnergy

There won’t be any heroes left if there’s a nuclear war, and old tiny dick Putin just threatened that if the rest of the west intervenes.
Nuclear war .. this is not the 50s.. that shit can’t even take of .. malware .. air defense .. lasers , radar jamming .

Last edited:

miles118

Very interesting article about the company in Germany who help build the Nord Stream 2 pipeline :

The german governement is not dumb like people think they are. They are just corrupt with Russian's money. They do not care what the world think of them.

Nuclear war .. this is not the 50s.. that shit can’t even take of .. malware .. air defense .. lasers , radar jamming .
If you shoot all from different strategic locations and vehicles, some will make it

But boy that's going to be bad.
US will drop some via steahlt bombers in that case.
Don't think anyone is that insane letting it come to that point

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

This is russian helis raining fire on a Ukraine airport.

The Ukrainian military does have anti air weapons why arent they using them?

Also same goes for tanks, vehicles and ground troops.

Where are Ukraines defenses?

Or are these attacks in the donbas region where ukraine has no military presence?

hdiphcceq8d81.jpg

MikeM

Gold Member
Nah that's in NATO, I don't think that Putin is that crazy...
Putin wants the low hanging fruit (Ukraine).
If you shoot all from different strategic locations and vehicles, some will make it

But boy that's going to be bad.
US will drop some via steahlt bombers in that case.
Don't think anyone is that insane letting it come to that point
Low altitude submarine launched nuclear missiles more likely. Unless Putin crosses the red line and starts to hit NATO states, this won’t happen.

Blackage

What's the strategic value of taking Chernobyl and the plant? I thought the land was poison and the factory was a tomb?

Vestal

West has become cowardly. Putin just spitting in everyone’s face.

No one wants war.. but there are consequences to letting this shit happen.
Outside of all out war, what exactly do you think the West could do outside of sanctions?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
No doubt, Im just surprised there been so little reaction from Ukraine military. The footage thats available shows russia driving in tanks like it a trip to the shops.

I would of thought there would be walls, guard towers, tanks, men etc guarding there boarders, but theres nothing in the footage shown.

What's the strategic value of taking Chernobyl and the plant? I thought the land was poison and the factory was a tomb?
To my knowledge, chernobyl is more than just the one reactor that blew up. There were multiple, and I'm pretty sure some still work, so provide power. Take them over, deny power. Same reason they've taken the hydro electric power station elsewhere

Toons

My heart is with the people of Ukraine. A lot of folks are losing their minds over this but im staying rational. No Putin is not going to attack a NATO country. Theres little we can do right now without risking a very costly conflict. Best we can do is see how this plays out. Russia is going to have a very hard time economically after this.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm saddened beyond words that this is happening and what it means for Taiwan.

Sadly, nothing will be done - Putin will annex Ukraine and that will be it.

I predict not much reaction aside from sanctions, Russia shall now represent the straight men that the rightists look up to giving the West mixed feelings cause... Putin is supposed to be the bad guy.

Either this or ... lead up to WW3 apocalypse as predicted by the scrolls.

RaduN

'The hero prevailing is a cliche that only happends in your american movies"

I live in Romania. I honestly expect the worst. Putin is every bit the madman we feared it was.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
No doubt, Im just surprised there been so little reaction from Ukraine military. The footage thats available shows russia driving in tanks like it a trip to the shops.

I would of thought there would be walls, guard towers, tanks, men etc guarding there boarders, but theres nothing in the footage shown.
There is no point in fighting a battle you are guaranteed to lose, especially on your own soil.

Klik

Do we have anyone here from russia?

Would be glad to hear your opinion on this
I messaged my russian friend. When i ask him about his view on this he said(i just copied):

Probably, i won't surprise you if I speak loud about my support of this operation. Nazis and fascist must be perished in Ukraine. We cannot tolerate this hostile regime along our borders.
Our forces strike against ukro-nazi military objects and forces. We don't strike civilians coz they're same russians as us.
This country will be de-nazified, de-militarized and de-occupied from NATO assholes.
This country will be changed for the sake of Russia's national security. :)
To say again: we don't wage war against ukrainian citizen.
I believe, most of them will become Russians soon...as well ;-)

Ukraine supposed to be neutral, non-nuclear country. But their crazy leaders were corrupted by the USA and some European governments. They were overthrown by nazis and fascists in 2014, then became hostile and dangerous

Last edited:

dem

Outside of all out war, what exactly do you think the West could do outside of sanctions?

When the Ukraine disarmed it became the wests responsibility to protect them.

Airstrikes should have been raining down yesterday.

Reactions: K2D

chromhound

I messaged my russian friend. When i ask him about his view on this he said(i just copied):

Probably, i won't surprise you if I speak loud about my support of this operation. Nazis and fascist must be perished in Ukraine. We cannot tolerate this hostile regime along our borders.
Our forces strike against ukro-nazi military objects and forces. We don't strike civilians coz they're same russians as us.
This country will be de-nazified, de-militarized and de-occupied from NATO assholes.
This country will be changed for the sake of Russia's national security. :)
To say again: we don't wage war against ukrainian citizen.
I believe, most of them will become Russians soon...as well ;-)
wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom