• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What? Why spread this nonsense? Russian military forces giving a freaking interview to CNN in between of mass murdering?

What the fuck YOU are talking about? You believe that Russia will build a nazi style death camps? Ah, forget it, I'm done with this nonsense. War is not the answer, especially when it lost.

What nonsense? It's a FACT that Russia is bombing civilians, completely UNPROVOKED. People who have done NOTHING are dying as we speak. Why are you talking about death camps when innocent civilians are literally being BOMBED TO DEATH?

But good, get the hell out of here with your delusional bullshit.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
What nonsense? It's a FACT that Russia is bombing civilians. People who have done NOTHING are dying as we speak. Why are you talking about death camps when innocent civilians are literally being BOMBED TO DEATH?

He's a Russian bot. You're arguing with someone paid to be an idiot.

Catphish

I thought any politics thread were banned?
I hardly think discussion of an open war concerning a nuclear power constitutes politics. This is world news.

But what do I know.

I will say, though, that if some of the armchair soldiers don't settle down and stop slinging insults, then the thread might well be closed due to douchebaggery.

Yamisan

P3E24Tc.png

Ironbunny

This is such a horrible decision. What he's trying to accomplish? Fight till last Ukrainian soldier? Then what? War is lost already.

They are defending their country from an invasion of dictator and a killer whos point is to annex whole Ukraine and institute a Moscow puppet to lead to country. They are defending their future to choose their own path and not to be dictated by a mad man. Isnt that worth fighting for? They have seen what it is under Moscow. They dont want any part of it.

Do as you please, but I don't see Russia taking any new territory.

It aint about how you see it. Russia is invading a sovereign nation.

Why not? I still strongly believe that it's not about territory. It's about Ukraine not being in NATO. It can be done in 1 day.

Nato is a defence alliance. Russia under Putin is a war criminal alliance.

BlackM1st

Banned
What nonsense?

It's a FACT that Russia is bombing civilians,

I saw nothing like that on CNN or FOX

completely UNPROVOKED. People who have done NOTHING are dying as we speak.

I'm not saying that people are not dying.

Why are you talking about death camps when innocent civilians are literally being BOMBED TO DEATH?

Again, I saw nothing like that on CNN or FOX. I'm pretty sure it would be all over already.

Yes, I'm done. This is pure mass hysteria material. I'm out.

He's a Russian bot. You're arguing with someone paid to be an idiot.
This is a blatant warmongering and propaganda. I don't want to participate in any of it.

Hari Seldon

It is hard to sort through all of the shit flinging around the net, but it seems like the Javelin's are doing great, the anti-air not so much. Seems like Russia can fly around in helicopters at will. That is unfortunate, I was hoping we parked enough shoulder fire AA to not let that be the case. If not I'm not sure why not.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Again, I saw nothing like that on CNN or FOX. I'm pretty sure it would be all over already.

This is a blatant warmongering and propaganda. I don't want to participate in any of it.

I mean, it's not like they are indiscriminately bombing cities to pieces (so far), but there are plenty of reports of civilian apartment buildings and such being hit and people dying, yes.

Loope

Warmongering? What? Russia fucking invaded a sovereign nation with not a single excuse to do so. How is that warmongering? Please explain, i'm really curious.

Boss Mog

What is spot on about it? Germany and the US both contribute about 15% of the NATO budget. The US spends roughly 3% of it's GDP voluntarily on defense because they want to project military force around the world, have a massive military industrial complex, and have a massive nuclear stockpile to maintain. They don't do it just in support of NATO.
Plus no NATO nations are involved in anything at the moment, which is the main problem.
NATO exists mainly to protect against Russia (USSR back then) so for an important member like Germany to give Russia billions and become dependent on Russian natural gas for its energy needs heavily undermines NATO. It's the very reason Germany vetoed SWIFT sanctions against Russia.

Last edited:

miles118

I wonder if identifying as female gets you through the border? I also wonder how many women will leave and where they will end up. I'm sure plenty of countries would open their borders to them.
If you wear a wig and a dress and your governement is "woke" enough, then maybe.

Last edited:

MadAnon

This is such a horrible decision. What he's trying to accomplish? Fight till last Ukrainian soldier? Then what? War is lost already.

Do as you please, but I don't see Russia taking any new territory.

Just think, does US promise of Ukraine in NATO was really worth it?

Man. War. Is. LOST. WHAT'S HIS ENDGAME? He promised peace talks during his elections, he promised to end war asap.

Why not? I still strongly believe that it's not about territory. It's about Ukraine not being in NATO. It can be done in 1 day.

USA will never go there I hope. Biden is old enough to understand that it will not end well. I hope.

What are your suggestions? Fight till... till what?
Can you explain me how NATO threatens Russia in any way? Can you explain anything that's been done by NATO in Baltics (border with Russia) that in any way indicates threatening Russia? You are talking here about fear mongering, panic while the whole military invasion of Ukraine is based on fear mongering about NATO nazis working towards the extermination of russians.

Save us from your fake pity about ukrainians while openly supporting the russian invasion. And you even have the guts to tell that the weaker nation should just swallow their pride and bend over.

hollams

Gold Member
Can we really say that we are advancing as a society when we still have wars like this? It's crazy to think in 2022 with all the history we can look back on, that if it wasn't for Nuclear weapons we would in all likely hood still be fighting wars all the time.

As it's always stated, War never changes.

Liljagare

What? Why spread this nonsense? Russian military forces giving a freaking interview to CNN in between of mass murdering?

What the fuck YOU are talking about? You believe that Russia will build a nazi style death camps? Ah, forget it, I'm done with this nonsense. War is not the answer, especially when it lost.

Just wondering if you completely missed what Russia did in their recent wars??

Here you can read about some of the stuff.

Ironbunny

There is intelligence from Ukraine that Russia is trying to create a path way to Transnistria east of Moldova. Transnistria has been eager to join Russia and basicly a way from Kiev would make it possible.

DryvBy

What should he say? Not worth speculating what a mad man thinks.

Anything other than the leader of the world going "lol I have no idea". Maybe is he looking into it, they don't see a threat?

I swear, people are in a frenzy thinking the world is ending because we've been locked in our homes for so long. This isn't Russia's first time to do this. Bush daddy and Obama daddy has this same crap go on. This reminds me of the same end of days fear from Georgia and Crimea. And look who's still running Russia, the same dude who does this. Nothing will happen yet again and we'll be back to thinking planet earth is doomed from the Vroomers or end of days due to a possible GOP landslide in a couple of months.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
NATO exists mainly to protect against Russia (USSR back then) so for an important member like Germany to give Russia billions and become dependent on Russian natural gas for its energy needs heavily undermines NATO. It's the very reason Germany vetoed SWIFT sanctions against Russia.
The US has also given Russia billions in exchange for oil.
The energy independant US halting all oil imports from Russia was a major step in ramping up sanctions this is true, but other nations can't make decisions like that so easily. /s

Boss Mog

I wonder if identifying as female gets you through the border? I also wonder how many women will leave and where they will end up. I'm sure plenty of countries would open their borders to them.
If you said that to them they would probably laugh their ass off.

As for women, plenty want to get out. I'm in a worldwide language exchange program and even though I don't have Russian or Ukrainian listed in my languages of interest, I've been getting a few messages from Ukrainian women the last few days and they don't seem to care much about exchanging languages, they seem to want to find a man and relocate to him. Some of them are pretty hot too. Do your part lads, take in a hot Ukrainian refugee.

I'm sure the EU will use this war to say we need to open our borders to the refugees , but then all the "refugees" they let in will be black and brown from countries that are nowhere near Ukraine. It reminds me of a youtube video I saw where there was a protest in Australia because Australia wanted to take in the white South African farmers, who are being slaughtered, as refugees. It made sense because Australia needed farmers and these guys already speak English and have common cultural values with Australia so they were ideal candidates for immigration. These protestors though, mostly white people, were protesting against it, they said they didn't want white refugees, only black and brown, and that bringing in white people was white supremacy. Completely brainwashed and unhinged despite appearing to look like normal people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom