• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsete

Holy shit, that's insane.

The orcs are just there chilling, thinking they are concealed and safe and then BOOM!, right in the optimum spot. If they aren't got in one, then more just come exactly on them.
Might be using these?

Edit: Oh it says MLRS. My bad, that arty shell is still cool though. :)

Last edited:

Two sabotage-and-reconnaissance squads of mercenaries from Russian private military company (PMC) Wagner Group have been neutralized in Kharkiv Oblast, Ukraine’s SBU security service said in a Facebook post on Oct. 11​

renderTimingPixel.png

english.nv.ua/nation...

Season 4 Dancing GIF by The Simpsons

winjer

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service

To end the war in Ukraine, an agreement between the USA and Russia is needed, all hope is in Trump, - Orban

censor.net/ua/n33...

I do not know how someone can be serious about this. This would be pretty much the end of Ukraine.

Edit, Maybe the end of NATO, and who knows what else in the world.
Im glad some people actually realize this. We'd be in Afghanistan still and NATO may have been dissolved at this point; something Trump repeatedly asked for. The present could look very different.

TwinB242

The guy who's now in charge of Russian's army is pretty much the spitting image of a bond villain. I mean just look at him

Sergey-Surovikin-another-butcher-for-Ukraine.jpeg

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Holy shit, that's insane.

The orcs are just there chilling, thinking they are concealed and safe and then BOOM!, right in the optimum spot. If they aren't got in one, then more just come exactly on them.
Ignorance is bliss, their generals probably keep the simple soldiers in the dark about ukraine weaponery.

Imagine the stress of not having a single safe spot in the whole land...they can die at any given moment and they can't do jack shit about it.

Normal humans are not made for this type of stress, let alone people without military training like the people russia is using now.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yes, like a horse a donkey and a cock enter a bar....

Except this is he real world, with real world consequences. And we can't rely on muppets to solve important issues.
Then the barman ask to the horse and donkey, don't you have big enough cocks to bring a third one with you?

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Those of you who prefer a nuclear scalation are far more cunts than him, which in your words, is pretty bad.

Do sod off, there's a good chap. There's going to be no nuclear escalation, and I'm tired of hearing people whine about it, despite zero evidence to suggest it's even an option. We've crossed Putin's red lines repeatedly.

And I'm sorry your hero appears to have become a puppet for Russian propaganda. Maybe choose the people you idolise a little more carefully.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
I preffer to be prepared for the worst for being too dramatic, that getting caught off guard for being too naive.

Nuclear war is a possibility, doesnt matter how much you dont want to think about it.

I preffer to be prepared for the worst for being too dramatic, that getting caught off guard for being too naive.

Nuclear war is a possibility, doesnt matter how much you dont want to think about it.

so it's not about nuclear escalation but just thinking it's a possibility? well, ok then

Those of you who prefer a nuclear scalation are far more cunts than him, which in your words, is pretty bad.
So you think Putin won’t use nukes when he invaded Latvia or Lithuania then or Poland?

We should just give up those countries as well because of Nukes?

If our threats don’t stop him from using tactical nukes on Ukraine, why do you think actually going to war with a NATO country would be any different?

I guess we should just give him the entirety of Europe and leave the US without any allies to avoid Nuclear War right?

We should just cower away and let dictators take the world. I’d rather die in a nuclear holocaust then give anything to dicatators

Last edited:

Amory

Putin has backed himself further and further into a corner, and I don’t think use of a nuclear weapon is outside the realm of possibility. It may eventually be the only option left to him, and he’ll have to decide whether to accept a humiliating defeat and the consequences that come along with it, or try to knock the board over.

The longer this war goes on, the less likely it is that Putin either offers or is offered a peace deal that allows him to save some sort of face. Russia trying to annex new territory was a terrible development in that regard, since they obviously will not be allowed to keep it.

Scary times.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Putin has backed himself further and further into a corner, and I don’t think use of a nuclear weapon is outside the realm of possibility. It may eventually be the only option left to him, and he’ll have to decide whether to accept a humiliating defeat and the consequences that come along with it, or try to knock the board over.

The longer this war goes on, the less likely it is that Putin either offers or is offered a peace deal that allows him to save some sort of face. Russia trying to annex new territory was a terrible development in that regard, since they obviously will not be allowed to keep it.

Scary times.

Like a week into the invasion, when it became clear Ukraine would not welcome the russians as liberators and that Zelensky would not flee, at that point Putin should have planned a quick exit, "mission succesful" Bush style. To this day I do not understand why he didn't do that.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

If we're talking about possibilities, it's also possible that your preferred plan is naive because it acquiesces to the demands of an authoritarian dictator when his power is not that strong, and enables him the time and resources to actually become even more capable of nuclear strikes. I don't think it's naive to think that a plan that neuters Putin to get him more likely to be removed from power actually lowers the chances of nuclear strikes.

Tams

Gold Member

Scary times.
Eh, but if he uses a nuke, literally everything he wants (and that he's had for years now) will go. There won't be a Russian Federation at the end of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom