• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not true.

Your narrative is all wrong on so many levels. NATO uses EW to counter drones along with a wide range of other counter measures. It's not like cheap $500 drones are new, they were used in Iraq and Afghanistan - they didn't suddenly overwhelm coalition forces.

And as others have said, only a handful of these are getting through with the vast majority getting shot down. Germany and others are backfilling with even more AA that'll be capable as well.

It's almost like you take 1 small detail and overlay this weird "but Russia is gonna win now, let's be concerned" narrative. Nothing has changed - Russia still has no response yet to change the actual complection of this war other than terrorism (and no surprise Iran is involved in that too).
Never said Russia will win. But the handful going through will cause a lot of havoc. Not just to civilian lives and military targets, but economically as well.

The more economic targets hit the longer and harder it will be for Ukraine to recover after the war.

Ukraine will have to payback a lot of its military expenditure as well.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member

Hey You Hello GIF by Mashed
Sexy American GIF
Channing Tatum Captain GIF

Why the hell are the girls so happy??

They don't realize that their men are going to die?

nemiroff

Gold Member
Never said Russia will win. But the handful going through will cause a lot of havoc. Not just to civilian lives and military targets, but economically as well.

The more economic targets hit the longer and harder it will be for Ukraine to recover after the war.

Where are you going with this?

TwinB242

Drones hitting Kyiv again tonight. Seems that Russia's strategy now is to terrorize the capital with Kamikaze drones on a daily basis, and hope that eventually leads to the Ukranian government caving into peace talks.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: dem

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Drones hitting Kyiv again tonight. Seems that Russia's strategy now is to terrorize the capital with Kamikaze drones on a daily basis, and hope that eventually leads to the Ukranian government caving into peace talks.

I've got a slightly used bridge with burn marks to sell to them if they actually believe this will work.

Ukrainians have shown extreme resilience against terror tactics...

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Why the hell are the girls so happy??

They don't realize that their men are going to die?

Some of them aren't exactly the brightest. Their men aren't that much better,

I was listening to an interview several nights ago, on NPR I think, where a Ukrainian woman and Russian woman were giving their thoughts on the war. The latter insisted that it wasn't a war, but a special military operation, and that all atrocities being unearthed in Ukraine was simply false flags and misinformation by THE WEST. She also was super supportive of Russians being sent to the front, including her grandson because it was their duty to fight against the terrorism of the WEST. She was essentially regurgitating all the talking points from state propaganda and from those Russian 'commentators'. I'm surprised how polite and controlled the Ukrainian lady dealing with such a deluded moron that's part of a regime killing and torturing her people.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member

Yes, but a lot will be forgiven or as long term low-interest loans.

It's not in the West's interest to alienate or abandon Ukraine, especially after putting up so much money and supplies (which are now running low in some cases).

The UK didn't finish paying Lend-Lease debts until 2006. It caused no real friction.

And Russia are just cunts who don't care about anyone but themselves.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
What the hell happened? And why there is woman screaming in the end?
May you never have to hear what that type of pain and agony sounds like in real life.

That's not some random women screaming.

But they're morons who deserved what they got. Darwin awards all around.

Lasha

Yes, but a lot will be forgiven or as long terk low-interest loans.

It's not in the West's interest to alienate or abandon Ukraine, especially after putting up so much money and supplies (which are now running low in some cases).

The UK didn't finish paying Lend-Lease debts until 2006. It caused no real friction.

And Russia are just cunts who don't care about anyone but themselves.

No friction as long as the debts are paid. Debt creates a long term demand for the dollar and tighter economic integration. A long repayment period is a small price to pay for those benefits.

Where are you going with this?
All Russia has left is to destroy infrastructure and terrorize civilians in hoping to force a cease fire.

35 cities under attack again today. Kyiv targeted again with drones. More explosions today.

Pulling the same shit they did in Syria, Chechnya, and Georgia yet people still give Putin the benefit of the doubt.

They ordered 3000 more from Iran. Sending 50 per day that is about 2 months of supply.

I don’t know where I’m going with this maybe I’m just venting my frustration, that we have to play all nice while the Russians just don’t give a fuck about international rules

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
All Russia has left is to destroy infrastructure and terrorize civilians in hoping to force a cease fire.

35 cities under attack again today. Kyiv targeted again with drones. More explosions today.

Pulling the same shit they did in Syria, Chechnya, and Georgia yet people still give Putin the benefit of the doubt.

They ordered 3000 more from Iran. Sending 50 per day that is about 2 months of supply.

I don’t know where I’m going with this maybe I’m just venting my frustration, that we have to play all nice while the Russians just don’t give a fuck about international rules

Time to goad the Saudis into striking Iran. They actually do have fair reason to due to Iran arming and funding the Houthi rebels.

Then again, their armed forces are full of nepotism and therefore really not that good. They also have a pretty bad record of managing to hit military targets over civilian ones.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Russian culture. Getting married is the #1 priority for women.
It is the same where i live but women are not happy when their men get a cancer or something lethal.

Maybe they think this war is not risky at all?? I imagine that russian media doesn't say how many people die every day in ukraine.

mxbison

It is the same where i live but women are not happy when their men get a cancer or something lethal.

Maybe they think this war is not risky at all?? I imagine that russian media doesn't say how many people die every day in ukraine.

Yeah most of them probably think their men will return as glorious war heroes.

Ozriel

M$FT
If Iran can be allowed to provide 1000km range drones, surely the US can provide ATACMS missiles and Bradley Fighting Vehicles for Ukraine?

Russia’s drawing red lines for support meanwhile they’re out there buying long range weapons from other countries.

Time for the gloves to be taken off.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

If Iran can be allowed to provide 1000km range drones, surely the US can provide ATACMS missiles and Bradley Fighting Vehicles for Ukraine?

Russia’s drawing red lines for support meanwhile they’re out there buying long range weapons from other countries.

Agreed. Russia's actions against civilian locations warrants the release of ATACMS, assuming there's no classified information they want to keep secret about it.

Last edited:

Bobnob

Can see NATO taking the gloves off soon.....Russia gonna get ducked....Israel gonna deal with Iran dependant on the outcome of the uprising.It wouldn't surprise me if a few prominent Iranian officials start getting wiped out in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

Take it one step further and start conducting cruise missile strikes against Iranian military targets.

Only half serious, as this would inflame tensions even further in the Middle East.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
As a reminder....

The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 18.10
2022-10-18 09:15:00 | ID: 68496

The total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02 to 18.10 were approximately:
personnel ‒ about 65850 (+530) persons were liquidated,
tanks ‒ 2548 (+11),
APV ‒ 5219 (+14),
artillery systems – 1622 (+23),
MLRS – 372 (+6),
Anti-aircraft warfare systems ‒ 188 (+1),
aircraft – 268 (+0),
helicopters – 242 (+0),
UAV operational-tactical level – 1276 (+35),
cruise missiles ‒ 318 (+2),
warships / boats ‒ 16 (+0),
vehicles and fuel tanks – 3985 (+16),
special equipment ‒ 144 (+0).

Last edited:

Brazen

Take it one step further and start conducting cruise missile strikes against Iranian military targets.

Don't even need to do that. Get intel on the supply lines from Iran and have the middle east allies blast those "non-existent" drones and missiles they "aren't sending" to Russia to rubble. Nothing can be done in retaliation or to escalate on since Iran isn't sending/selling them to Russia.

Last edited:
It’s crazy how underpowered NATO is without the US. You’d think they’d atleast be able to fight a defensive war if US was preoccupied. But they don’t even have enough AA to defend their own countries
What are you talking about here and other posts?

Nato doesn't have a standing army to begin with, so power wise, it's non existent. They are lent man power from countires in the alliance as a purely mutual defensive force

Fight a defensive war? Defend against an unknown attack you mean. If there was going to be a war that would bring Nato into it, it would not be fighting a defensive war

Theoretically, if an outside country somehow were able to sneak attack against the entirety of Nato and its allies, it would have to destroy everything, within minutes, so we're talking massive numbers of stealth bombers and massive amounts of submarines parked off shore for every possible military target. Because if you don't get them all, every nato member, or ally for any country inside nato would then launch a full attack on said country. Together. At the same time. From every direction on earth. You get that right?

If, theoretically, if the USA was involved in a war somewhere else, you don't think that nato or its allies would be helping them to shorten that war, or help out its ally?? It's not usualy a 1v1 situation in the western hemisphere when it comes to "special military operations". Even without nato as a thing, each country will have its own alliances and treaties, bringing in help from across the globe

It's not a situation where the USA pulls man power from nato because its busy elsewhere, it has manpower enough to do both things and more. Nato didn't collapse at any time during the Vietnam war or any of the various Middle Eastern wars in the last 50 years, why would it now?

And why in gods name would we need AA covering every inch of Nato land? Russia can barely get a few planes and helicopters running, let alone flying into the heart of Europe. The rag tag, mis matched, old outdated stuff from around Europe that we've sent to Ukraine has held up very well and covers a good portion of whatever Russia flings at it, so imagine that, or better, coving a good part of nato teritory. Then include jets and ships helping to clear the skies too.

Nato underpowered lol. Look at what a little bit of nato training and weaponry has done to Ukraine in a few months against a corrupt and untrained Russia army. The way it looks, I'd happily send in the librarians and McDonald's workers from nato countires into Russia and expect to be done in a few weeks. If they needed support, then starbucks employees and nightclub bouncers would be called up

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

Well.. Israel didn't want to hook them up with the iron dome. That could have helped immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom