• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope they get a lot of long-range missiles so they can fuck the Iranian trainers too. Fuck Putler and in this case Trump too, because he Pulls Out of Iran Deal, I bet things could have been different if they had still stayed with it. I guess it was a plus for Putler on his part too.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
It’s crazy how underpowered NATO is without the US. You’d think they’d atleast be able to fight a defensive war if US was preoccupied. But they don’t even have enough AA to defend their own countries

Even without the US each NATO member is still some of the most advanced standing armies around. I think you're losing sight of the fact that US outspends the entire rest of the world on their military by orders of magnitude, invests far more into military research, and trains and drills more than everyone else combined as well. Of course NATO will appear much weaker than it is if such a titanic military presence is removed from it.

Gp1

All residents of Kherson who wish to move to Russia will receive a housing certificate. Residents of Kherson will be able to "choose housing in any [Russian] region".

translate.google.com/transl...

yea, because getting to a country that will become bankrupt, is corrupt, will force you to become a conscript, and won't have a future, makes the price of a house in any of the poor places really expensive.

This may be a good news for Ukraine. They get rid of pro Russian dissidents + evacuate part of the civilians in the city.
On the other hand, we may see some heavy urban combat soon and it looks like Russia ain't going to spare the city or the rest of the civilian population.

Even without the US each NATO member is still some of the most advanced standing armies around. I think you're losing sight of the fact that US outspends the entire rest of the world on their military by orders of magnitude, invests far more into military research, and trains and drills more than everyone else combined as well. Of course NATO will appear much weaker than it is if such a titanic military presence is removed from it.
I didn’t man tech wise I meant supply stocks. Their stock would have depleted within 2 months

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I didn’t man tech wise I meant supply stocks. Their stock would have depleted within 2 months

Even in the harshest of wars I have a hard time believing the likes of Canada, the UK, or France running out of military supplies in a few months man. Cmon now.

tommolb

Don't even need to do that. Get intel on the supply lines from Iran and have the middle east allies blast those "non-existent" drones and missiles they "aren't sending" to Russia to rubble. Nothing can be done in retaliation or to escalate on since Iran isn't sending/selling them to Russia.
It's in Israel's best interest for Iran and Russia to not become close, given Russia controls Syria on Israel's northern border. I'm sure Israel would happily take the opportunity to "disrupt" this alliance.

tommolb

Time to goad the Saudis into striking Iran. They actually do have fair reason to due to Iran arming and funding the Houthi rebels.

Then again, their armed forces are full of nepotism and therefore really not that good. They also have a pretty bad record of managing to hit military targets over civilian ones.
Aren't the Saudi's also jumping into bed with Russia?

winjer

Not exactly. Mostly they want to screw Biden.
The Biden administration was very critical of the Saudi's governance and didn't extend much diplomatic value to the Saudis.
Unless Biden makes a U-turn and apologizes, Saudi-USA relations will be a bit distant.
Or maybe the next POTUS, be it Democrat of Republican, can repair the relationship.
But Saudi Arabia still depends a lot on the USA for protection and weapons import.

akimbo009

Gold Member
MBS is throwing a tantrum, and thinks he's being clever. Don't know if really signals a full shift, and considering the US owns Saudi's military and has 3 very significant bases to protect Saudi Arabia I don't think his pouting will last too long once reality starts to sink in.

Or maybe he will cut ties with the US. Good luck to them, and about damn time cause they are miserable allies.

nbcjr

I do get that Musk has said many nonsensical things, but he does have a point when he says that other companies that could help are not - for instance DJI.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The ukrainian silence continues.

What's new?

OPSEC community has been buying satellite imagery of the conflict and has discovered a 25 meter crater in Popasna -the blast radious was stimated at 250 meters. Currently there's no known cause, speculation is on going:

One of the things they do still report is in what towns they had defensive combat against a russian offensive. The list of today, curiously, omits Bakhmut. The the defenders of Bakhmut have resisted the orc hordes for almost 3 months and many are wondering what happened. for what it's worth, ISW states that it probably hasn't changed hands. If you don't know Bakhmut matters because it's what's holding the russian advance on Donetsk - fully taking over the oblast is a major, major political goal and for as long as Bakhmut resists the oblast is safe. It can be argued that now that russia no longer controls Izyum nor Lyman the threat of an overwhelming march on Kramatorsk is gone, but such an eventuality would mean Ukraine would have to drop its counteroffensive operations and go back to play defense.

And that's all to report, that is, well... solid.

Here's a list of today's "noise": russians saying they've taken Bakhmut, russians moving officials out of kherson and offering a free pasport + a house + residence permit to every kherson resident who asks, the new orc chieftain being weeeirdly ambiguous when asked about kherson, ukrainians saying things are happening on svatove, ukrainians saying a second front is opening on Luhansk, rumors about the russians planning to destroy every single dnipro dam (this would essentially flood the kherson area of operations and the city itself, tens of thousands would die).

Folks, we already know someone in the landmass that spans between Utqiagvik and Ushuaia has publicly said if something happens they would make it their business that ukraine receives no help. Slava Ukraini, heroyam slava.

Last edited:

Media: Putin urgently convenes the Security Council and the Federation Council, they can introduce martial law and close borders ....maybe​

renderTimingPixel.png

dialog.ua/war/26...

Let's see how things develop. I hope if here is martial law, more people will protests and shit in Putler's plans.

Tams

Gold Member
I do get that Musk has said many nonsensical things, but he does have a point when he says that other companies that could help are not - for instance DJI.
Lol, DJI are firmly under the CCP's hand.

They're more likely to hinder than help. They'll almost certainly stay out of it, and just let both sides continue to buy their products.

Also, DJI's future in the US is looking questionable. China managed to get the US's full attention now and it's not going as they hoped.

Tams

Gold Member
about time the world stepped in and put an end to this.
Unfortunately, a lot of the world are either okay with this or indifferent to it.

The main culprits being China (PRC a.k.a. shit Taiwan) and India. And they expect to be treated like elders/grandees. It's a fucking joke.

Africa meanwhile, is still almost wholly trying to kill each other, often over the most petty of differences or pure greed.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Putler’s dumb cousin, Lukashitenko just announced Belarus can’t make repayments for foreign debt.

Looks like lean times are ahead for Belarusians - between sanctions and Russia bleeding money their economy is getting a fucking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom