• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
BuT gUyS, SanCTioNS DoN't woRK
They do work, sadly in both ways. One trillion rubles is sixteen billion dollars. My country (Germany) is about to spend up to two hundred billion dollars on an energy price cap. A decent part of that money is going straight to Russia. Funny how that works.

GymWolf

Gold Member

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Why even filming this??

To make the morale even lower between your comrades?!

Last edited:

winjer

They do work, sadly in both ways. One trillion rubles is sixteen billion dollars. My country (Germany) is about to spend up to two hundred billion dollars on an energy price cap. A decent part of that money is going straight to Russia. Funny how that works.

But that is because too many German politicians and bureaucrats were sucking Putin's gas teats.
Now the German people is paying for their incompetence and corruption.

Last edited:
Women in ex Soviet countries are fucked by the system. They are pressured into marriage and kids at young ages and expected to be chaste homemakers while their husbands fuck around. They are also increasingly carrying the household finances while their husbands work shit jobs and spend their free time drunk and bitching. A desire for divorce is common but the practice is frowned upon in conservative circles. Having your spouse die a "hero" so you can take a pile of cash and find somebody you actually love is a more palatable alternative.
or in these times rinse and repeat....

Why even filming this??

To make the morale even lower between your comrades?!
It seems fishy but not entrirely implausible. Wagner are outside the normal chain of command and can pretty much do whatever they want as long as it does not shit on Wagner. And showing the enemy has some cool gear puts their failures into perspective, as well as pressuring the Russian armed forces into coming up with equally good stuff.

Of course, Russian can just point to their Mosin Nagant armed mobiks as already being the answer, that plate will not do as well against 7.62x54 with three times the energy. Provided they hit.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
It seems fishy but not entrirely implausible. Wagner are outside the normal chain of command and can pretty much do whatever they want as long as it does not shit on Wagner. And showing the enemy has some cool gear puts their failures into perspective, as well as pressuring the Russian armed forces into coming up with equally good stuff.

Of course, Russian can just point to their Mosin Nagant armed mobiks as already being the answer, that plate will not do as well against 7.62x54 with three times the energy. Provided they hit.
They can't be this stupid...

A little video is gonna convince putrid to give them better equipment?

I love their sweet summerorcs optimism.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Even in the harshest of wars I have a hard time believing the likes of Canada, the UK, or France running out of military supplies in a few months man. Cmon now.
Oh, I would believe it. VERY costly to have stocks of all war materiel for that long of a period of time, particularly if in a forward deployed position. Ammo, batteries, food, fuel, weather appropriate clothing, etc, EVERYONE struggles with this stuff even for an exercise, much less outright open conflict.

Tams

Gold Member
Oh, I would believe it. VERY costly to have stocks of all war materiel for that long of a period of time, particularly if in a forward deployed position. Ammo, batteries, food, fuel, weather appropriate clothing, etc, EVERYONE struggles with this stuff even for an exercise, much less outright open conflict.

Yes, but what matters is how you are stocked and supplied compared to your enemy. Do you really think Russia are better in that regard, or are you just being contrarian?

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yes, but what matters is how you are stocked and supplied compared to your enemy. Do you really think Russia are better in that regard, or are you just being contrarian?
I think some of you guys tend to DRASTICALLY underestimate how hard it is to project power outside of your borders. If France, Canada, etc decided to send significant numbers of troops to the Ukraine I suspect they will be sucking wind on supplies within a few weeks just like the Russians. Consider the US spent MONTHS stockpiling stuff in prep to Gulf War 1 (Operation Desert Shield) and that whole thing was over pretty quickly. Sustained combat ops are logistic nightmares no matter who you are.

It ain't contrarian, it's just fact. The Russians have had months adapting to poor conditions (as have the Ukranians), adding fresh NATO forces or whatever that can't get a quick and decisive victory are gonna end up in the same situation.

Kerotan

It's Very frustrating seeing nothing happen for so long now especially around Kherson. Are Russia planning a retreat or an all out defense but with the pro Russian civilians relocated from the city?

I just want to fucking know what's going on.

Lasha

It's Very frustrating seeing nothing happen for so long now especially around Kherson. Are Russia planning a retreat or an all out defense but with the pro Russian civilians relocated from the city?

I just want to fucking know what's going on.

Grab your armalite and have a bit of a walkabout.

Tams

Gold Member
I think some of you guys tend to DRASTICALLY underestimate how hard it is to project power outside of your borders. If France, Canada, etc decided to send significant numbers of troops to the Ukraine I suspect they will be sucking wind on supplies within a few weeks just like the Russians. Consider the US spent MONTHS stockpiling stuff in prep to Gulf War 1 (Operation Desert Shield) and that whole thing was over pretty quickly. Sustained combat ops are logistic nightmares no matter who you are.

It ain't contrarian, it's just fact. The Russians have had months adapting to poor conditions (as have the Ukranians), adding fresh NATO forces or whatever that can't get a quick and decisive victory are gonna end up in the same situation.

No one asked how NATO would supply itself in Ukraine.

hxl1PDZ.gif

And 'adapting to poor conditions'?! Mate, Russia is corrupt. You can 'adapt' over terrible morale, no food, improper clothing, and old weapons.

It's uncanny how quiet this war has become.

We used to get tons of info and videos from the front daily, now... nothing.
Because the frontline is in blackout. So far reports coming Russians making strategic withdrawal. Which will take a while because they have to move equipment across a river without any bridges while using human shields for protection. Then will blow the dam.

However the more pressing matter is this.

Explosions in 9 cities. Half missiles were intercepted but half made it through and destroyed critical infrastructure. This just a half hour ago.

The question will be how long can they sustain damage to critical infrastructure before their war efforts are impacted

This means they are having supply issues with AD. As before they were shooting down 80-90%

Last edited:

sinnergy

Because the frontline is in blackout. So far reports coming Russians making strategic withdrawal. Which will take a while because they have to move equipment across a river without any bridges while using human shields for protection. Then will blow the dam.

However the more pressing matter is this.

Explosions in 9 cities. Half missiles were intercepted but half made it through and destroyed critical infrastructure. This just a half hour ago.

The question will be how long can they sustain damage to critical infrastructure before their war efforts are impacted

This means they are having supply issues with AD. As before they were shooting down 80-90%
Russia are fucking cunts for destroying critical infrastructure for human first needs , only because their army is in such a dire condition .. and we the west are just standing there .. I get a feeling we didn’t learn enough from the whole Hittler situation.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
With the current official kill count and assuming a 1:2 ratio, that's 200k orcs that are not coming back to the front. The initial commitment for the invasion was 190.000, no wonder they had to start picking them off the streets.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-u...e&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_01

“Elsewhere, hundreds of thousands of people in central and western Ukraine woke up on Saturday to power outages and periodic bursts of gunfire, as Ukrainian air defense tried to shoot down drones and incoming missiles.

Russia has intensified its strikes on power stations, water supply systems and other key infrastructure across the country, the latest phase of the war as it nears the eight-month mark.

Ukraine’s air force said in a statement Saturday that Russia had launched “a massive missile attack” targeting “critical infrastructure,” adding that it had shot down 18 out of 33 cruise missiles launched from the air and sea.”

So when are Russians going to run out of Missiles? They seem to be launching more everyday.

Water infrastructure was also targeted.

Is there any question that Russia will blow up the dam at this point?

Last edited:
Are Russia planning a retreat or an all out defense but with the pro Russian civilians relocated from the city?
This is the impression that we have been getting so far, but obviously they can't retreat on their own, otherwise it would seem like they are just running away like a bunch of cowards, but by using this trick of "We care about people, so we need to evacuate them." we might as well evacuate ourselves because why the hell not. Obviously not everyone will be evacuated, I know personally people that will stay in Kherson no matter what, plus, they set up an evacuation busses in my town as well.. except that barely anybody is using them. My town is considered, at least by me, somewhat of a safe zone, it is located roughly 30+KM away from Kherson.

Ironbunny

GoPro of Nlaw gunner in Ukraine Todays vid is one that took a lot of editing time but came out well. 70 Russian tanks, but the common fog of war ruins it all.

This shit is frustrating. Russia bombing critical infrastructure everyday but we can’t let Ukrainians fire bombs into Russia even though they’ve been hitting targets in Bolgorod throughout the war.

What is with all this hypocrisy? WTF is the US so afraid of?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom