• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsGreat

This shit is frustrating. Russia bombing critical infrastructure everyday but we can’t let Ukrainians fire bombs into Russia even though they’ve been hitting targets in Bolgorod throughout the war.

What is with all this hypocrisy? WTF is the US so afraid of?

Global Thermonuclear War.​

Russia are certainly mickey mouse when it comes to this current ground war, totally underestimating the response of the west and the massive Ukraine response- they arrogantly thought they would roll straight in to Kiev.

But Russia still have a lot of systems in place that would result in a M.A.D situation.

Check out the yields here, even if Russia use a tactical nuke nothing will be done. Tactical Nukes small by magnitudes compared to their big brothers. https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

This Radio War Nerd talks about TActical Nukes in great easy to understand detail. https://www.podbean.com/ew/dir-wmahb-15689abb

Last edited:

chromhound

Gold Member
6eQD7cK.jpg

TwinB242

If Russia retreats from Northern Kherson over the dnipro, it can't be underestimated just how much of a major defeat that'll be for them for several reasons. The biggest since Kyiv, and bigger than Kharkiv

1) Thats been the site of some of the most fiercest fighting since the beginning of the war, especially recently. Russia has lost thousands of soldiers in what is a relatively small part of the frontline when you look at its size. All those Russians will have basically died for nothing.
2) Kherson city was the only regional capital Russia managed to capture since Feb 24th. From a political standpoint, losing it will be devastating.
3) Russian morale will plummet even further, while Ukranian soldiers will be in even higher spirits than they already are.
4) The river will make the perfect natural defense line that Ukraine will further fortify to make any future Russian offensive in that area basically impossible. Putin's dream of taking over Mykolaiv and Odessa to eventually build a land corridor with Transnistria will never be realized.

So yeah.....interesting times ahead.

ItsGreat

What do you mean nothing Will be done?

I replied to someone asking what the US is afraid of. They were frustrated how the Ukraine were not allowed to attack Russian soil with the same gay abandon the Russians are fucking up Ukrainian soil.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
There's noise that Ukraine is pushing back on wagner in bakhmut, retaking some territory.

If true, this represents a total failure of the merc group that has been trying for over 3 months to take over the city taking in massive losses in the process.

Alx

French military rations have a great reputation. I was lucky to get my hands on some of those when I was a student, and they were very enjoyable. Just recently I was discussing it with a colleague who said he buys them online whenever he goes camping ("only drawback is they're heavy because there's so much stuff in them")
Bonus review :

I replied to someone asking what the US is afraid of. They were frustrated how the Ukraine were not allowed to attack Russian soil with the same gay abandon the Russians are fucking up Ukrainian soil.

They’ve been

Global Thermonuclear War.​

Russia are certainly mickey mouse when it comes to this current ground war, totally underestimating the response of the west and the massive Ukraine response- they arrogantly thought they would roll straight in to Kiev.

But Russia still have a lot of systems in place that would result in a M.A.D situation.

Check out the yields here, even if Russia use a tactical nuke nothing will be done. Tactical Nukes small by magnitudes compared to their big brothers. https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

This Radio War Nerd talks about TActical Nukes in great easy to understand detail. https://www.podbean.com/ew/dir-wmahb-15689abb
yes I am aware of that. But Ukraine has been attacking Bolgorod which is in Russia and haven’t seen a tactical Nuke fly yet.

Ukrainians have been very disciplined in their use of HIMARS so why do they think suddenly that will change with ATACM? They already have an agreement in place that HIMARS arms will stop if Russian cities are targeted why can’t that be the case for ATACM?

Last edited:

Mokus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom