• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since Ruzzians started evacuation from Kherson there was an increase of them in my town, I swear to God, if there was no kalashnikovs with them you would think that these are just some gopniks or drunks, some of them don't even have a military uniform, just some tracksuits that have sort of a similar color to the uniform. Also, the busses that are supposed to evacuate people to Russia are almost always empty, barely anyone actually leaves. It's not the first time when I am passing the bus station and they are just empty.

Last edited:
On October 26th, approximately at 17:00 in Beryslav area of Kherson region a Russian KA-52 was shut down by Odessan branch of "South". They also contributed personally to destroying some of the ammo storage units of Ruzzians in my town.
QDA5NS3.png

Last edited:

Gp1

Left behind after last year’s chaotic and deadly U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, former Afghan special operations forces (SOF) - trained by the U.S. and allied SOF - are now fighting in Ukraine on behalf of Russia, the last commander of Afghan troops told The War Zone Wednesday.

They are among tens of thousands of former Afghan troops - including about 5,000 former SOF - who fled to Iran last year, many of whom are being recruited with offers of income and security for them and their families, said Haibatullah Alizai, who became the last commander of Afghan's army in the days before the Taliban took over last August. You can read our interview with him about that here.
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...g-for-russia-in-ukraine-last-afghan-army-boss

TwinB242

So Raytheon is claiming that NASAMS can shoot down ballistic missiles? This is huge if true. It was assumed that Ukraine would need Patriots or other equivalent systems in order to be able to take down the short range ballistic missiles Iran is presumably going to sell to Russia

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
So Raytheon is claiming that NASAMS can shoot down ballistic missiles? This is huge if true. It was assumed that Ukraine would need Patriots or other equivalent systems in order to be able to take down the short range ballistic missiles Iran is presumably going to sell to Russia

I don’t doubt it. However, a tool’s versatility always comes with caveats. For example, the F-35 “can” do close air support among many other missions, but that doesn’t make it a good option for it. Layering your air defense is important. You want THAAD for your ICBMs. You want Patriots for other ballistic missiles. NASAMs are a solid choice against cruise missiles. Work in progress on anti-drone countermeasures.

You can strike nails with a crowbar, but a hammer will always be better for that purpose.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

I know someone, personally. who produces parts for these.

Tams

Gold Member
Much fewer reports of Russian missile and drone strikes recently.

Putin of course claims it's because they hit everything they intended to, but I reckon it's more likely that they just spaffed away a lot of their supplies. Of course, there are more supplies set to arrive from Iran, so the Iranians had better hurry up with stringing their mullah from a lamppost.

Ever since Ruzzians started evacuation from Kherson there was an increase of them in my town, I swear to God, if there was no kalashnikovs with them you would think that these are just some gopniks or drunks, some of them don't even have a military uniform, just some tracksuits that have sort of a similar color to the uniform. Also, the busses that are supposed to evacuate people to Russia are almost always empty, barely anyone actually leaves. It's not the first time when I am passing the bus station and they are just empty.
Is that you in combat gear? You fight in Ukraine? If so, good job and fuck them up.

FunkMiller

Gas prices have completely bottomed out.

https://www.ft.com/content/8c4f9b6f-7770-490e-83e8-3fdd12f7a99f

Needless to say, this is not what Putin and the Kremlin wants. His intention to hold the world hostage over gas energy shortages has utterly backfired on him, thanks to the warm autumn we're all having. You could say that the very climate change he's ignored and downplayed, in favour of fossil fuel extraction to grow his own wealth, has fucked him in the ass. Delightful.

Cyberpunkd

Gas prices have completely bottomed out.

https://www.ft.com/content/8c4f9b6f-7770-490e-83e8-3fdd12f7a99f

Needless to say, this is not what Putin and the Kremlin wants. His intention to hold the world hostage over gas energy shortages has utterly backfired on him, thanks to the warm autumn we're all having. You could say that the very climate change he's ignored and downplayed, in favour of fossil fuel extraction to grow his own wealth, has fucked him in the ass. Delightful.

EU EU EU EU

GIF by European Commission
europe ambulance GIF

Post-mortem:

First Half GIF

Last edited:

Kenpachii

In a history lesson in some university in the future:

Teacher:...and this was the history of how 15 million ruzzians tried to invade the EU, with a few stones and sticks (due to no equipment), then were decimated in the first hour, also known as the "Putler's Dumb War".

Honestly maybe he should google how many europeans there are lamo. his 15 million aren't going to get far.

Last edited:

Teacher:...and this was the history of how 15 million ruzzians tried to invade the EU, with a few stones and sticks (due to no equipment), then were decimated in the first hour, also known as the "Putler's Dumb War".

If I had a dollar for every time Russian people pretended to be scary by making imaginary threats.

mxbison

How him and that other propaganda Nazi bitch can keep such a serious face talking this shit is honestly quite impressive. They could be some Hollywood level actors.

nemiroff

Gold Member
More ruzzian clusterfucks

Translated videos in the twitter thread below

1/ Mobilised men of the Russian 55th Motorized Rifle Brigade deployed near Lyman in Ukraine have little water, no food, fake training, only small arms, a tank with no fuel and are taking heavy casualties. Their relatives complain that they are being treated like pigs.

2/ The men's relatives, from Serov in Sverdlovsk region, have recorded a video appeal about their plight. They say that the men have no food and are being given only 1.5 litres of water to last two days, for two people.

3/ One of the soldiers tells his partner in a recorded phone conversation that they took a beating three times from the Ukrainians but he hadn't even fired a single shot. Some men were blown up by a mine. They were given only fake training for TV cameras.

4/ The men have a tank they can't drive because it has no fuel, and the relatives say that officers took away the men's personal equipment and confiscate humanitarian aid sent by the relatives.

5/ The men are being given raw potatoes to eat, which they're not allowed to cook because making fires is forbidden. The dead are not being collected but are being buried by the men themselves, but being listed as 'missing' by the army. /end

And no; I don't feel sorry for these people (the videos show relatives upset about the situation). Their stupid tears would be better spent demanding ruzzia to pull back out from their abhorrent invasion.

Edit:

Captured russian troops sitting in a pit of dead comrades harangued by a Ukrainian soldier

Unofficial translation:

“So, blyat, don’t want to send a message to Putin, you assholes? Or Ramzan’s fucking kaffirs (Kadyrovtsy). Fucking assholes. Well, say something, say hello to your moms, I’m speaking in russian, blyat? What, see any fascists? No? Didn’t see any? So why the fuck did you come here, you damn assholes?! POW mumbles something What? You were fucking who up? Suka, you are killing children, suka, you assholes, you and your fucking pilots bombing them, they’re assholes and you’re assholes. You’re not human. See all this, camera pans on the bodies, who’s this, your brother in arms? You’re all assholes, suka, you’ll lay in this earth, Ukrainian earth, blyat.

POWs unenthusiastically Slava Ukraini…

Heroyam Slava, blyat!”

The absurdity of the situation is hard to comprehend.

Slightly better quality:

reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/yeaj82/war_realities_captured_russian_troops_sitting_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom