• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerotan

I read winter is gonna be brutal on Russia and it’s not until February/March everything gets muddy on the ground ..
Winter will probably slow down large Ukrainian counter attacks but it will be vicious for the Russians. They're clearly not as well equipped as the Ukrainians. I wouldn't like to be a mobilised Ukrainian when the minus 15 temperatures hit.

And Kherson if they still hold it by then will be a cauldron.

winjer

How many times have EU countries joined the US in war.
There is the capability and the will to use Europeans military. Just not in a nuclear conflict.
It it wasn't for Russia's nuclear weapons, NATO would probably already joined Ukraine in the fight.
But when the risk is so high, for nuclear escalation, there must be very careful decisions.

Last edited:

They are getting their ass kicked, they want negotiations with the west since they know Ukraine "the main Victim" won't listed to them for obvious reasons so

Sure Jan GIF

winjer

They know exactly what to do. Get out of Ukraine and problem solved.
But that petty mentality of a spoiled bratt, get's in the way of logical thinking.

Wildebeest

Seems like the Russians new strategy is to blame the British for everything, probably correctly guessing that the British govt are widely held in contempt, even by the US regime, and a bit shambolic.

Tams

Gold Member
Seems like the Russians new strategy is to blame the British for everything, probably correctly guessing that the British govt are widely held in contempt, even by the US regime, and a bit shambolic.
A bit, but even the Russians will know that almost all of that contempt is surface level at most. In terms of security and defence, the UK and her armed forces are still very highly regarded (the minister for defence maintaining very good standing).

It's mostly intended for Russians.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

They are getting their ass kicked, they want negotiations with the west since they know Ukraine "the main Victim" won't listed to them for obvious reasons so

Sure Jan GIF

The civilized world should have absolutely fuck all to do with Russia until that regime is dead and buried and Russian society has a real good hard look at itself and every single war criminal has been handed over to Ukraine along with billions in repatriations, until then.. fuck em, treat them like NK and ban all transit into the civilized world and punish those that trade with them, those fucking Indians wanna trade with 21st century Nazi's then fuck them and their cows as well

Spaceman292

Banned
We picked a bad time to have a shit government. I can't imagine Lispy Sunak making us look any better.

Kerotan

Some positives however. Russia could only launch a missile attack about half the size of the last big one and Ukraine seems capable of taking out about 90% of an attack this size.

When the new systems are fully installed Russia won't have many successful strikes from their remaining missiles stockpiles.

FunkMiller

Good video. I remain pretty convinced that the most practical, logical and reasonable overall ending to this conflict is the collapse of the Russian state as it currently stands. The information here very much backs that up. Ukraine will flourish again, once the war is over, and it benefits from western investment, but Russia is fucked. Absolutely fucked.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

"ATTENTION COMRADES: The summary executions will now begin and they will continue until moral improves."

This will have great results I am sure. Meeting armed soldiers running for their lives with other armed men telling them to go back or die could definitely not end up with anything bad happening. No sir.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
It's Very frustrating seeing nothing happen for so long now especially around Kherson. Are Russia planning a retreat or an all out defense but with the pro Russian civilians relocated from the city?

I just want to fucking know what's going on.
It seems is impossible to actually know what is factually going on.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It seems is impossible to actually know what is factually going on.

The fronts are stalled, as a result of 2 factors:

a) Mud season which means vehicles can only move across roads and these are easy to defend.

b) The untrained mobiks - they might not be able to advance, but they are an obstacle.

Supposedly mordor has deployed around 80k untrained mobiks to stabilize the front, the remainder 200k are being trained. In a couple months these will finish training and due to cold weather the ground will harden enabling vehicles to cross terrain again - that's when russia will strike.

nemiroff

Gold Member

I'm pretty much "anti-woke" myself, I don't like the left's twisting and bending of the reality, its invasion of the education system and reprehensive indoctrination. HOWEVER, this woman's utterances are pure insanity on the other side of the spectrum. If this is actually what she believes, then she should be in a mental institution getting some actual help. But yeah; Not really surprised. This is both orchestrated to show extreme defiance to try to create a futile atmosphere for the west to give up on helping Ukraine (so therefore we should of course take it with a grain of salt), and at the same time also kinda rooted in their insane version of reality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom