• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

season 2 GIF by Get Shorty

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Russia is expected to make an announcemnet on the status of Kherson tonight.

Looks like they will hand it over

39usnAO.jpg
Wouldn't put it past the cunts to level it once the Ukrainians move into it, afterall it's such a Russian thing to do, aka cowardly+childish+cuntish = Russian

TwinB242

Oh damn. This Pro-Russian Kherson dude apparently just died in a car 'accident'. There were many videos of him giving updates on the status of Kherson throughout the war. The fact that this happened right before Russia is set to abandon the city is no coincidence...

edit: For people who might not remember him, this was the dude who filmed himself with all his belongings in his car while leaving Kherson, despite claiming that everything was under control

He was also known for this incredibly bad attempt at poetry

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Hoping its not a trap.. seems crazy to give it up

It was an untenable position - with fucked up logistics, surrounded on two sides by the enemy and cornered against a river and the sea.

The only reason they held onto it was politics, both internal and external. Today is 9nth of november, you know?

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Ukraine’s job is to win the war but guess what that’s not automatic. They get their land back then what happens? Russia will strike again.

winjer

This is a great advance for Ukraine, recovering a big chunk of territory.
But it's probably the last big win for this year. With the winter, both armies are bound to limit their activities.
But with the leadership that Russia has for it's army, many Russian soldiers are bound to suffer from extreme cold in the next few months.
Maybe now, more Russians soldiers will decide to mutiny and/or surrender without a fight.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
This is a great advance for Ukraine, recovering a big chunk of territory.
But it's probably the last big win for this year. With the winter, both armies are bound to limit their activities.
But with the leadership that Russia has for it's army, many Russian soldiers are bound to suffer from extreme cold in the next few months.
Maybe now, more Russians soldiers will decide to mutiny and/or surrender without a fight.

They have some time left to get a chunk of luhansk back, but mordor is determined for that to not happen. They're sending wave after wave of mobiks to die just to slow the ukrainian advance.

FUBARx89

And now watch them shell/drone attack Kherson to nothing.

In my opinion this is just a ploy to try recover some morale in the Army and stop the outer Russians regions kicking up a fuss about the conscripts getting fed to the meat grinder.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member

Hoping its not a trap.. seems crazy to give it up

What a fucked up farce. They made their retreat into a staged pr stunt to show off ruzzian common sense rationality, empathy and humanity. All of which we of course all know doesn't exist.

There's been a growing dissatisfaction for the war in ruzzia lately, and this is Kreml's opportunity to try to calm things down and save face.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Smells like a trap, in no world does a russian admit he was wrong/lost.

Yea was thinking the same. Maybe they want them to enter kherson then missle it to absolute dirt and tell russians look that's what ukrainers do to russian civilians, while meanwhile they basically mass kill ukraine soldiers.

Last edited:
Oh damn. This Pro-Russian Kherson dude apparently just died in a car 'accident'. There were many videos of him giving updates on the status of Kherson throughout the war. The fact that this happened right before Russia is set to abandon the city is no coincidence...
Thrown under the bus, Russia style. As soon as Kherson was given up he ceased to be of any use and looking at what a weirdo he is the decision to get rid of him was easy.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Smells like a trap, in no world does a russian admit he was wrong/lost.

Nah. Better to pull out now and admit a setback vs getting some of your best troops encircled all winter and slowly killed off.

You don’t take tens of thousands of troops over risky pontoon bridges just to set up a trap with artillery that can easily be countered

LimanimaPT

I'm really worried about the US elections and the republicans taking over the senate.
What will be the implications for Ukraine? Will the support from the US stop?

Thaedolus

I'm really worried about the US elections and the republicans taking over the senate.
What will be the implications for Ukraine? Will the support from the US stop?
We won’t know until we know a) if they took the house (seems likely) b) if they took the senate (seems unlikely) or c) by what margin. All of those will play into it…and that’s as far as I’ll go with that to avoid breaking the rules.

TwinB242

Nah. Better to pull out now and admit a setback vs getting some of your best troops encircled all winter and slowly killed off.

You don’t take tens of thousands of troops over risky pontoon bridges just to set up a trap with artillery that can easily be countered

They're likely going to adopt the same strategy that Ukraine was using earlier in the war, and thats to slowly retreat (not pull everyone out right away) while inflicting as much damage on the attacking side as possible. The key for Ukraine now is to not get greedy and immediately make a push for the city, they need to proceed slowly and carefully and not let Russia pull them into any traps.

Kerotan

They're likely going to adopt the same strategy that Ukraine was using earlier in the war, and thats to slowly retreat (not pull everyone out right away) while inflicting as much damage on the attacking side as possible. The key for Ukraine now is to not get greedy and immediately make a push for the city, they need to proceed slowly and carefully and not let Russia pull them into any traps.
Plus there will probably be minefields to traverse.

Winter John

CBS have reported they've started filming Tropic Thunder 2.

"In a video, Penn is seen pulling his Oscar out of a bag and saying "this is for you" as he hands it to the Ukrainian leader.

"It's a symbolic, silly thing, but if I know this is here with you, I'll feel better and strong enough for the fight," Penn said. "When you win, bring it back to Malibu. Because I'll feel much better knowing there's a piece of me here."

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member

"In a video, Penn is seen pulling his Oscar out of a bag and saying "this is for you" as he hands it to the Ukrainian leader.

"It's a symbolic, silly thing, but if I know this is here with you, I'll feel better and strong enough for the fight," Penn said. "When you win, bring it back to Malibu. Because I'll feel much better knowing there's a piece of me here."

Good on Penn. He went when even governments were fleeing.

But my god is that some cringey Hollywood shit.

Liljagare

Wives of Russian soldiers want their husbands back.. Threaten to... well.. It's a read. :D

KEY POINTS
  • The women stormed the border town of Valuiki in the region of Belgorod
  • A military representative collected the women's phone numbers and promised to provide them with more information
  • The wives' husbands were part of a 570-strong unit that was targeted by Ukrainian shelling in Luhansk, a unit RuSSia denied was there/existed, the soldiers are part of the "non-existent" unit 11097.

https://www.ibtimes.com/wives-russi...ten-enter-battlefield-rescue-husbands-3634110

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned

Thank god. The troubles are over. Thank you Shaun Pencil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom