• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromhound

Syrian President backs Putin.
Disgusting
7j20N5.gif

When and where was this taken though?

Those things have insane range so it can't really be anywhere near Ukraine?

Using even a conventional Topol M ICBM is very dangerous. It's totally unnecessary to make these types of posturing moves during heightened periods.

I mean, just imagine if they use it. American SBIRS satellites will pick up the infrared exhaust and classify it as an ICBM. There will be a few minutes of panic before a trajectory is plotted. It reminds me of something Sen. Marco Rubio just said:

"This is a very dangerous moment

Putin is increasingly angry & isolated
And NATO is outraged by his barbarity & feels increasingly threatened by his actions

At some point someone is going to take actions they may not view as an attack, but that the other side does"

-- Marco Rubio

Jsisto

Thats a pretty pointed declaration there.

Yup, they’re not fucking around. I knew the counterthreats would be imminent. Anyone thinking the west not getting directly involved with Ukraine was a sign of weakness is going to be proved wrong. It was unfortunately the pragmatic thing to do.

Vestal

Using even a conventional Topol M ICBM is very dangerous. It's totally unnecessary to make these types of posturing moves during heightened periods.

I mean, just imagine if they use it. American SBIRS satellites will pick up the infrared exhaust and classify it as an ICBM. There will be a few minutes of panic before a trajectory is plotted. It reminds me of something Sen. Marco Rubio just said:
Completely agree.. Launching one of these bad boys IMO could lead to a real retaliatory response from the West.

Rossco EZ

some of the videos are crazy.

on the channel i posted these from there is further videos of that tank driving over the car and the events before it that was posted earlier.. not pleasant though so don’t watch if you can’t handle that stuff.

I'm honestly at a point where I'm suspect of all reports/videos coming out now. I've been hoodwinked by more and more fakes or misleading images the past few days that I'm gonna clear a wide berth from any assumptions automatically. Information warfare of course is going to be practiced.

All warfare is deception. Regarding news even though it flies in fast it would be better to give it a day or so to see what has actually panned out.

In short - treat it like how we watched the news and social media on the 2020 BLM riots.

CGiRanger

Banned
All warfare is deception. Regarding news even though it flies in fast it would be better to give it a day or so to see what has actually panned out.

In short - treat it like how we watched the news and social media on the 2020 BLM riots.
Granted, there are times when the reports, while unverifiable, are too hot (and in this case *spicy*) to ignore...such as...

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
How is sanctioning Putin different than sanctioning Russia? What’s the difference?
Putin's wealth are not exactly proportional of wealth of Russia. He has been sucking resources from his country for years. As any dictator he lives in luxury while his country is starving, thus sanctions of Russia does not directly influence him. You can look at Panama papers from last year, which sort of explains it better

Whats with the neo nazi and drug addict talk from Putin? Did he actually say that and expect people to believe his message?

Yes, it's a classic Soviet propaganda tactic that has always been very successful.

Pic related, I took it this month - 1949 Soviet caricature reproduced in a Romanian magazine (a lot of Eastern European media content was coming straight from the USSR until the late '60s). It says "Winston Churchill is being paid two dollars for every word in his autobiography".

Lol I didn't even pay attention to the donkey until now, that must be the United States :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Putin's wealth are not exactly proportional of wealth of Russia. He has been sucking resources from his country for years. As any dictator he lives in luxury while his country is starving, thus sanctions of Russia does not directly influence him. You can look at Panama papers from last year, which sort of explains it better
What does sanctioning in the US mean? If he has any money or assets here then we just take them? Also, why would he have money or assets here?

Liljagare

on the channel i posted these from there is further videos of that tank driving over the car and the events before it that was posted earlier.. not pleasant though so don’t watch if you can’t handle that stuff.

The person in the car actually survived, but the video is unclear on most sites, as it cuts of the start. Some instances are also missing, the driver of the tank was shot, the tank was pretty much idling over the car. :\ Fucking horrible.

CGiRanger

Banned
Whats with the neo nazi and drug addict talk from Putin? Did he actually say that and expect people to believe his message?
Not to say it's equivalent, but there have been noted "Far-Right" groups in Ukraine, that even the Facebook overlords apparently shut-down at one point. But seemingly they're undoing that ban:

Facebook is backtracking on a ban it placed on users praising the Azov Battalion, a far-right paramilitary force within the Ukrainian National Guard.

The Intercept first reported the news.

Praise for the group, which is the armed wing of the country's white nationalist Azov movement, was banned in 2019 under Facebook's Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy. The platform had classified the group alongside others such as the Ku Klux Klan and Islamic State.

A 2016 report by the OHCHR found that Azov soldiers had raped and tortured civilians during the 2014 Russian invasion of Ukraine.

But of course I'm sure Putin is bloviating for his audience.

LordCBH

Would be nice to see youtube ban every russian op, Steam to ban every russian ip and every player with an russian ip. Same for everything, just ban russians, ban them all to hell.

I don’t understand why Facebook hasn’t banned Russian officials Facebook and Instagram accounts and why Twitter hasn’t banned them.

Darchaos

I don’t understand why Facebook hasn’t banned Russian officials Facebook and Instagram accounts and why Twitter hasn’t banned them.
I guess its about money in the end, or maybe if im possitive, they havent thought about it yet but they will in a short amount of time.

dorkimoe

I dont know if I have seen any actual real footage of the ukraine army doing anything. I keep seeing footage of russian troops?

I dont know if I have seen any actual real footage of the ukraine army doing anything. I keep seeing footage of russian troops?

Now that you mention it that's pretty much what we've been getting other than individual civilians getting up and armed.

I recall something earlier in this thread about "mobile incinerators" that the Russian's would use "to get rid of the bodies/evidence" but last I heard elsewhere the footage/picture used for that article/tweet was originally for an old mobile trash incinerator ad that omitted the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom