• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

To all Ruzzians in this shit

Daniel Bryan Reaction GIF by WWE

Fucking animals

akimbo009

Gold Member
Most likely they're both similar. it's impossible to gage a true figure in any ongoing conflict as both sides will understate the figures..

Last month, the US stated that both Ukraine and Russia have suffered up to 100k killed and wounded military personnel. That's probably an accurate figure, but again it's impossible to say for sure.

Standard math is 3:1, attackers to defenders.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Do you have a source for that equation. It's not that I don't believe you, but I'd be interested to see the math behind it. Thanks.

It's a common rule to overcome defenses...

Is a quick reference.

the joke is Zelensky is such a greedy corrupt cunt that he's asking all Santas for money despite getting it from the ever-willing chumps in Congress

yawning-bored.gif

as with all this conservative comedy though it's little more than keyword = laugh plz
Proof that he's corrupt? Or do you mean all his mansions / yachts / cars he has while on a yearly salary of 100k? Oh no sorry that's your friend Putin.

mxbison

the joke is Zelensky is such a greedy corrupt cunt that he's asking all Santas for money despite getting it from the ever-willing chumps in Congress

yawning-bored.gif

as with all this conservative comedy though it's little more than keyword = laugh plz

Well usually conservative comedy is "Oh does me behaving like an asshole TRIGGER you?".

And yeah I'm sure he is totally stacking all that money and living the good life in Kyiv while being targeted by rockets and an army with the goal to kill him.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
This idea that Ukraine just receives paychecks from the US and steals the money is one of the few Russian propaganda ideas that have managed to stuck.

The US is basically cutting checks for itself and its own weapons manufacturing industry, they just ship existing stocks of weapons and pay people to help with intelligence, training and so on.

winjer

Let's just remember that Russia received $11.3 billion from Lend Lease act, in 1914-1945 money. But only paid back f 674M, and returned some equipment.
If we are going to talk about swindlers, then Russia takes first prize, by a gigantic lead.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Well usually conservative comedy is "Oh does me behaving like an asshole TRIGGER you?".

And yeah I'm sure he is totally stacking all that money and living the good life in Kyiv while being targeted by rockets and an army with the goal to kill him.
Or do you identify as...

This is trash
Of course it's trash. Some people have some dumb thoughts and puny brains.

The western world spends x number of dollars every year for defence against certain countries and Russia is at the top of the list. Every month Ukraine weakens Russia and this war has proven how pathetic their military is and how backward those soldiers they sent behave and have no ability to be human.

While it may be tiring Ukraine asking for things constantly but why do we have these weapons to fight Russia if they aren't going to be used to fight Russia. I do worry what is going to happen to all these extra weapons once the war is over but today I say give them everything.

If you ever wonder why you read stories about Russian soldiers stealing toilets, washing machines and spending most of the time drunk watch this, this is where the soldiers were coming from at the beginning of the war and they are nothing but low human grade trash.

Azurro

Banned
So, Elon a Ruzzian supporter confirmed?
I can't stand this guy...

Elon isn't a Russian supporter, he's just deathly afraid of nuclear wars. No one said he had to be right about everything, and given by how much good he is doing by revealing the bias in tech, I'm ok with it.

winjer

Elon isn't a Russian supporter, he's just deathly afraid of nuclear wars. No one said he had to be right about everything, and given by how much good he is doing by revealing the bias in tech, I'm ok with it.

Removing Ukraine from Twitter won't do anything to stop a nuclear war.

But mah Freeze peach. He saved us by giving us freeze peach.

Free speech is all bullshit. Whoever controls the tech will only allow free speech that suits their narrative.

These fuckin billionaires don’t care about you at all. They only care about themselves. Yet people worship the ground they walk on. Or constantly make excuses for them.

The only thing Elon is smart at is projecting that’s it.

Last edited:

JayK47

I am not surprised that most of you are incapable of a joke or sarcasm.

The whole war is a joke. The big scary Russians are a joke.

292299d-emp.jpg

It's tiring to see these constant defence of musk regarding Ukraine. The man is a proven shill for authoritarian regimes.

'hes just scared of nuclear war' come on how gullible do you have to be.

Thaedolus

292299d-emp.jpg
I think I have a pretty good sense of humor, and don’t take offense from jokes even if they’re dark or whatever. I don’t think it’s really funny that in 2022 someone launched a genocidal campaign complete with child rape and torture, and Zelensky has to beg and plead for help to stop it. Nor do I respect anyone in the most affluent country in the world complaining about the bill to do so.

nemiroff

Gold Member

It's not a joke though, it's a completely unfunny false narrative during incredible hardships for Ukraine and its people subjected to horrendous war crimes, killings, rape and torture. It makes me wonder, imagine if a "Babylon Bee" was making the same type of comedy about the Jews during the most active torture and killings in WWII.. I'm rather puzzled by the right wing attempts to paint Zelenskyy and Ukraine in a negative light. Especially since all Ukraine wanted in the first place was to exactly escape ruZZia and its corrupt systems, to decide their own future and in some ways lean towards western values so-to-speak. They also already have a functional modern type democracy where even Zelenskyy himself got legit criticized by his people pre-war. So to try to make Ukraine out to be filled with nothing but one-dimensional corrupted egomaniac idiots deserving to be waltzed over by ruZZia in a genocide is deeply insulting, and not funny.

Last edited:

winjer

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/5719932
Kommersant business daily (via Tom's Hardware), citing sources close to Russia's Ministry of Digital Development and in the electronics market, writes that the Chinese government has banned the supply of Loongson processors based on its own LoongArch architecture to the Russian Federation and other countries.

The reasons for banning the chip exports to Russia aren't the same as other countries; it's because they are used in China's military-industrial complex.

The short-term impact of the ban, which has not yet been officially implemented, is likely to be minimal, but it could have major implications if Russia loses access to grey imports of Intel and AMD CPUs that arrive via other countries. "Although Russian companies do not depend on the supply of Chinese processors significantly, in case of a hypothetical blocking of 'parallel imports,' they hoped to switch to Loongson solutions," said a source.

Many companies suspended exports to Russia following the Ukraine war to comply with economic sanctions. Its response was to allow parallel imports of certain foreign tech products even if the manufacturer doesn't allow it, essentially turning a blind eye to unofficially imported goods and intellectual property theft. Some of these chip imports come from China, though 40% of them are possibly defective.

It's likely that with all the export restrictions being placed on China, it wants to keep the 12nm Loongson CPUs for itself, especially if manufacturing capacity is limited.

This week brought news that China could be hit with more sanctions from other countries that will restrict exports of chipmaking equipment. Following the bans implemented by the US government, the Netherlands and Japan are expected to announce similar restrictions in the coming weeks. China has started with a procedure with the World Trade Organization to oppose the bans, though it's doubtful the WTO could force the US to lift the sanctions.

And some people thought that China would side with Russia.
The reality is that China only cares about it self.

M1chl

the guy sucks putin and chinas dick, it has been proven. But you carry on him being the hero against the loony left.

Fascist lefties? What are you smoking?
Not sure what was the context, but they do exist. We label them as tankies most often.

But they aren't much more fascist with lefty aesthetic.

M1chl

It’s the Bee, the whole thing is joke and satire.

Starting to feel like a bit like the other site in this thread…
Is it still satire, when people are taking it seriously and litter pictures like all over the internet with taglines like "this war is fake", "this war is laundry scheme..." and so on?

RAÏSanÏa

It’s the Bee, the whole thing is joke and satire.

Starting to feel like a bit like the other site in this thread…
It isn't confronting a truth for a basis of humour. It's simple propaganda that changed the circumstances to make it appear that Russia is being unfairly maligned, Ukraine overstating the threat and the US is being taken advantage of due to lack of confirmation or oversight due to some implied Hollywood wag the dog scheme using Santa for the joke as story within a story.

It's Ben Garrison in written form. It's a type of modern humour. Qonspiracy humour. Does it belong here?

akimbo009

Gold Member
It isn't confronting a truth for a basis of humour. It's simple propaganda that changed the circumstances to make it appear that Russia is being unfairly maligned, Ukraine overstating the threat and the US is being taken advantage of due to lack of confirmation or oversight due to some implied Hollywood wag the dog scheme using Santa for the joke as story within a story.

It's Ben Garrison in written form. It's a type of modern humour. Qonspiracy humour. Does it belong here?

Would help if it was actually funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom