• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnergy

The ‘source’ is Kremlin installed DNR officials. Did you even read the link?
Sure, but why would Reuters and Guardian lie? They just report the news and are highly trustworthy. And besides that .. if it’s true more Russians dead , if not .. o well 1950s blame game .

Last edited:
Sure, but why would Reuters and Guardian lie? They just report the news and are highly trustworthy.
... its not that reuters is lying, they didnt send a journalist to these plans and survey the damage and determine who shot.. they are only repeating what they are told. The point is the ultimate source is not reuters but DNR officials so you cant just take it for its word.

sinnergy

... its not that reuters is lying, they didnt send a journalist to these plans and survey the damage and determine who shot.. they are only repeating what they are told. The point is the ultimate source is not reuters but DNR officials so you cant just take it for its word.
Ah okay sure, you have a point.

TwinB242

Maybe Russians will finally protest considering that thousands of their friends and family from the first Mobilization wave have already returned home in black bags.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Maybe Russians will finally protest considering that thousands of their friends and family from the first Mobilization wave have already returned home in black bags.
They just see public protests as a convenient place to round up people to mobilize, so it isn't recommended.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
FhIjbZJUUAECmAW

Funny thing is that we're sending them our "hand-me-downs".

I'd hate to see our current weapons being sent. Although, we're gonna have to chill sending artillery shells. We don't have that many left. There's supposedly ramped-up production on those...so...

Funny thing is that we're sending them our "hand-me-downs"
Why is that funny?

I'd hate to see our current weapons being sent.
Why would you hate that? Seems a strange thing to say...free weapons testing for EU/US against "superpower" RUS weaponry, with no human cost to them, destroying Russias military might, supporting an ally...just a few good reasons

Although, we're gonna have to chill sending artillery shells. We don't have that many left. There's supposedly ramped-up production on those...so...
I'd love to see your sources for this, as I think it's pure bollocks. Not many left lol

I'd imagine the numbers of artillery shells number in the hundreds of thousands, just in the immediate euro zone near Ukraine and Russia. I'm assuming Poland on its own has a load, just incase Russia decides to do something stupid

Then maybe the rest of NATO should pick up our upcoming slack.
They are. It's in your own source

Small euro countries are doing their best, larger euro countries will be doing more, and potentially those factories will be retooled and start making even more. Simple. No over reaction of having no shells to give

Not why sure you choose to be offended. You do you, boo.

I'm not offended, I just don't understand how your original post was just so poorly put together, but yes, I'll continue to do me, you do you too if you like!

They are. It's in your own source

Good, maybe they'll stick with it.
I'm not offended, I just don't understand how your original post was just so poorly put together
You obviously don't understand euphemisms. I didn't mean that shit literally.

Figurative and literal are a blurred line in American(has to be western as well) speech.

I'll leave the last word to you, tho.

Sorry about shitting this thread up.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I always get confused where do that shells will fall... How is that calculated?
A shitload of calculations. Weight of the projectile, rotation of the earth, wind speed, elevation, Etc etc. We have computers now that do most of the work.

Poor bastards of the past had to do it by hand and yet still hit their targets.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I always get confused where do that shells will fall... How is that calculated?

That demo video is impressive, the unit is already on the move when the first impact lands.

In other news, the situation at Soledar is deteriorating quickly. Ukraine is sending additional reinforcements and reportedly the situation is very difficult.

TwinB242

That demo video is impressive, the unit is already on the move when the first impact lands.

In other news, the situation at Soledar is deteriorating quickly. Ukraine is sending additional reinforcements and reportedly the situation is very difficult.

I think the worst part of losing Soledar might be giving Russia the salt mines. The wagner boss already said they planned on using them to store stuff like ammunition and armored vehicles. Having these massive stockpiles so close to Bakhmut and Ukraine not being able to do anything about them sounds potentially devastating.

Tams

Gold Member

It sounds like it might not be worth holding for much longer. The UK MOD are saying that Russian and Wagner forces have likely taken most of it. If Ukraine can make it (even more of) a Russian death pit though, perhaps that would make the town untenable for any staging of attacks against Bakhmut.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Ah, as for Soledar... fog of war is a thing.

Wagner officially claims it's taken and surrounded, with ukrainian units holding a chunk of the town without a way out. Other sources claim it's not surrounded but Wagner probably has line of fire on the last road out.

In any case, it's a matter of waiting it out.

sinnergy

Ah, as for Soledar... fog of war is a thing.

Wagner officially claims it's taken and surrounded, with ukrainian units holding a chunk of the town without a way out. Other sources claim it's not surrounded but Wagner probably has line of fire on the last road out.

In any case, it's a matter of waiting it out.
Result of the west being too slow with more advanced hardware .. but they probably will give Russia most of the annexed ground … politics . NATO has expanded, so has Russia .

Last edited:

sinnergy

We will see .. but be aware I have a keen eye for this . I rather see Ukraine win and get all annexed regions back.

And let’s be clear . Ukraine is asking at least from around august (but probably even earlier) for patriots and tanks .. and more advanced stuff so is the west slow? We have all that stuff doing nothing …

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
We will see .. but be aware I have a keen eye for this . I rather see Ukraine win and get all annexed regions back.

And let’s be clear . Ukraine is asking at least from around august (but probably even earlier) for patriots and tanks .. and more advanced stuff so is the west slow? We have all that stuff doing nothing …
Ukraine are getting supplied with everything they need within reason, the stuff that the Western media is so fixated on is no doubt being set up in the background, troops are being trained, supply chains are being set up, etc... you cant just dump a whole shit load of advanced tanks and other heavy weaponry onto a battlefield without proper logistics, not to mention Ukraine are being supplied with the stuff they need for the battles they are currently fighting, once they go on the proper offense you can bet they will be supplied with the gear required for this, i honeslty dont think the Armed forces of each Nato country gives 2 shits what Putler thinks or about escalation, thats all coming from rubber spined politicans in the pocket of russia, same with the media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom