• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

famfrit

I am pro gun restrictions and regulation. Don't own a single firearm, but have considered purchasing one for the range. But I can tell you that the moment something like that happens here I would be the first in line to pick up a rifle and defend my country.

What you are seeing from these people, is Patriotism and love of country. Regardless of the difference we have or think we have in the US, the majority of us love this country and will defend it to our dying breath.
Gun restrictions and regulations is the first step for "slavery".

Plus, this happens too:

chromhound

Look like something straight from Fallout
dQrCSc5.jpg

miles118

Gun restrictions and regulations is the first step for "slavery".

Plus, this happens too:

this is the budapest referendum :
1. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.

2. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self-defence or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations.

3. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, to refrain from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind.

4. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to seek immediate United Nations Security Council action to provide assistance to Ukraine, as a non-nuclear-weapon State party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, if Ukraine should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used.

5. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm, in the case of Ukraine, their commitment not to use nuclear weapons against any non-nuclear-weapon State party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, except in the case of an attack on themselves, their territories or dependent territories, their armed forces, or their allies, by such a State in association or alliance with a nuclear-weapon State.

6. Ukraine, the Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America will consult in the event a situation arises that raises a question concerning these commitments.

on the channel i posted these from there is further videos of that tank driving over the car and the events before it that was posted earlier.. not pleasant though so don’t watch if you can’t handle that stuff.

That video makes much more sense now. That old guy drove right into the middle of a serious firefight and it wasn't just some random act.

I also question if that armored vehicle is actually Russian. I don't see any identification markings that Russia is currently using on its vehicles. Its entirely possible its Ukrainian and that old guy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Russian troops are not just randomly running people over;

Last edited:

Vestal

Not a huge fan of Rubio, but on a foreign policy perspective we are much closer than on local policies.. So I see him say this

knowing he is in the Intel committee, makes you wonder what kind of intelligence might be floating in the classified realm regarding Putin and this ordeal.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
if I remember correctly it is cheap mass-produced gun. Not ideal guns and they can break easily if not well maintained but if you want to arm a large population it is great.
Break easily? An AK? The AK-47 and it's variants are some of the most ruggedly reliable weapons that was ever made for it's price point. Those bastards can survive basically anything even if only slightly maintained. They are damn near indestructible by normal gun terms.

For example you can bury the damn thing in the ground for a month after beating the fucking piss out of it and it will still operate just fine.

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Break easily? An AK? The AK-47 and it's variants are some of the most ruggedly reliable weapons that was ever made for it's price point. Those bastards can survive basically anything even if only slightly maintained. They are damn near indestructible by normal gun terms.

For example you can bury the damn thing in the ground for a month after beating the fucking piss out of it and it will still operate just fine.

Yeah I had a great laugh about that nobody has said something so wrong about a gun before

TheGrat1

I read ukraines distributing like 70,000 ak47s how powerful are those guns compared to others?
First: I will say that almost no military force uses the AK-47, they use the AKM (English: Modernized Kalashnikov Automatic Rifle) a nearly identical but slightly upgraded version of the AK-47 that started being manufactured in the 50s. A little nitpicky but whatever.

AK-74/M Family fires the same 7.62x39 mm cartridge with a muzzle energy of 1,991 joules. The M-16/AR-15 family fires 5.56x45 mm NATO with a muzzle energy of 1,764 joules.

The AK's bullets are wider and heavier and will do more damage up close. The M-16 is more accurate with a better range and lighter ammunition which makes it easier to carry more of it. Ultimately it is down to preference but I would rather use an AR platform for myself or an entire army, specifically a piston-driven one.
Here is a useful link: https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Comparison_of_the_AK-47_and_M16

Last edited:

famfrit

The accord was to not attack Ukraine. Not to protect it.
An accord only good to USA and Russia is a joke, thats why you need to consider every nation in the world as possible enemies in the future.

this is the budapest referendum :

2. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in self-defence or otherwise in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations.
Because what I can see is a true acting of cheating in this accord, plus Russia signed the accord and other members dont give protection to Ukraine against Russia attack is clearly bad faith.

This accord is like buying a xbox box in ebay and receive a empty box without refund of the money, lol.

miles118

An accord only good to USA and Russia is a joke, thats why you need to consider every nation in the world as possible enemies in the future.

Because what I can see is a true acting of cheating in this accord, plus Russia signed the accord and other members dont give protection to Ukraine against Russia attack is clearly bad faith.

This accord is like buying a xbox box in ebay and receive a empty box without refund of the money, lol.
Russia broke the accord, not the other nations. Ukraine signed the accord. In no where is it written that they have to protect Ukraine.

Last edited:

miles118

I thought that because they were cheap they were less reliable my bad. You can see in my post I said by memory. I don't realy care about guns so I do not know, and I should have look it up before answering.

Last edited:

Artoris

Gold Member

Its main weakness is probably range

famfrit

Russia broke the accord, not the other nations. Ukraine sign the accord. In no where is it written that they have to maintain it.
This is the most dishonest answer possible even if 100% true.

Anyway, if no one have obligation to maintain the word isnt a accord.

Now, give back Ukraine nukes if no one need to maintain the accord, lol.

Last edited:

miles118

This is the most dishonest answer possible even if 100% true.

Anyway, if no one have obligation to maintain the word isnt a accord.

Now, give back Ukraine nukes if no one need to maintain the accord, lol.
I meant protect it. I edited my posted after saw my blunder. You answered my posted unedited. Anyway in no way do they have to protect it. Tell me 1 thing that the other nations have broken in this accord. Only Russia broke the accord.

Last edited:

famfrit

I meant protect it. I edited my posted after saw my blunder. You answered my posted unedited. Anyway in no way do they have to protect it. Tell me 1 thing that the other nations have broken in this accord. Only Russia broke the accord.
Everyone signed the accord as group and for obvious reasons the group need to act against Russia attacks because the accord ceases to exist with any violation and cant exist partially.

The funny part is when you say that the counties who signed the accord have no obligation to mantain the word/protect Ukraine you only show that Putin is right in consider NATO a true menace to Russia because they lied/cheated Ukrain and are lying when say that NATO is a defensive organization, lol.

Last edited:

miles118

Everyone signed the accord as group and for obvious reasons the group need to act against Russia attacks because the accord ceases to exist with any violation and cant exist partially.

The funny part is when you say that the counties who signed the accord have no obligation to mantain the word you only show that Putin is right in consider NATO a true menace to Russia because they lied/cheated Ukrain and are lying when say that NATO is a defensive organization, lol.
Where is it written that they have to act if one break the accord ? You are crazy. And you are still argumenting about an obvious blunder that I made which doesn't make sense. If you do not want to have a rational discussion about this just tell me because I don't want to tire myself answering to irrational comments.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

If this is accurate I have even more respect for the man for refusing such offers repeatedly. He would rather fight and die for his country than be spirited away by foreign powers. That is something that can be universally praised.

I will also say that I cannot imagine how fucked things would have been if he had accepted the offer and then Russia stepped in to stop it. Either by killing him or by injuring american operatives directly in the process. Things are already on a knife's edge. We don't need for fuel on the fire.

Jsisto

What the hell is reviewbrah doing in Ukraine?
I wanted to say something so bad but didn’t think anyone else would know what I was talking about. At first I thought this was fake but I saw the video footage and it indeed seems to just be a lookalike from that angle.
Hope the poor guy is okay…

Amiga

Sorry dude, but I’m going to listen to actual people with real world experience of both Russia and China, before some random guy on a gaming forum.
Don't listen to me. but maybe rethink the choice of "analysts" who claim a wedge between Russia and China. based on an "abstain" vote that doesn't matter.

how about the horses mouth:

"we believe that the sovereignty and territorial integrity of all states should be respected"
but basically agree with Russia..
"We believe that one country's security cannot be at the expense of the security of others, and that regional security should not rely on muscling up or even expanding military blocs. The legitimate security concerns of all countries should be respected. Against the backdrop of five successive rounds of NATO’s eastward expansion, Russia’s legitimate security aspirations should be given attention to and properly addressed. "

Nobody_Important

I have no idea what Ukranian people put in their morning coffee but the rest of the world needs it.

This mother fucker is literally the culmination of all of the other stories of defiance and badassery that we have seen since all of this began. Whether it is the woman who told the Russian soldier that she wanted to put sunflower seeds in his pocket or if it's the soldiers on Snake Island that told a whole ass warship and it's crew to go fuck themselves.

The Ukrainian people are just made of some seriously tough fucking stuff. I can only tip my hat in awe.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
“AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.”

OIP-C.TJCWjtUfJ1evzdokTmhaAAHaEK
I loved the one my dad had. It was an amazingly accurate weapon. Too bad my dad sold it before I could buy it from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom