• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Holy shit.

Not wearing those armbands though, so might be filmed at an exercise.
Yeah, not to mention the guy who pops up running the other way with no helmet.

jOSscSG.png

But, really we’re not going to see footage of any major advance till well after it’s already happened. Ideally it’s complete silence...except for a 21 year old idiot leaking plans 🤬

I’m hyped for some juicy Bradley/Leopard/Challenger/Abrams footage but it’ll be a bit of a wait.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Lets not start filling this thread with misleading propaganda. There isn't a single other source reporting those Zaporizhzhia advancements.
I think filling is kinda harsh, esp. since there are more sources now.

Also, other two are confirmed.

One of the Mechanized brigades on the ground just shared similar info. Seems legit.

They're about to encircle Bakhmut so they're actually making a substantial amount of progress. The situation in the east is pretty fucked right now.

Posted by you, RuSSkie propaganda, not too long ago.. Might be news to you, but it still hasn't happened.

Bakhmut still stands.

Russia still seems to have quite a few T90s unfortunately. I just saw a video of a sizeable column of them moving near to Kreminna

And that was just garbo.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Artillery shells are probably the biggest need for Ukraine right and they are not being produced in sufficient enough quantities. Thats how Russia made so many gains earlier in the war in the south and in the east. They just spammed artillery and Ukraine had no choice but to retreat. If Ukraine had the same capabilities and were able to use them against the trench lines and fortifications in the south the Russian frontline would quickly collapse and the goal of liberating Crimea would become more and more realistic.

And the Leopards are not being handed over in large enough quantities to make a significant difference on the frontlines. Russia may be moving T-62s out of storage but they still outnumber Ukraine when it comes to modern tanks like T-72s, T-80s, and T-90s.

Lets not fill the thread with obvious RuSSkie propaganda.

There are no reports of new T-80's or 90's being sighted anymore, T-72's, sorry for both sides, but they are hardly modern anymore. Russia is also moving T-55's out of storage, they worked from August in three shifts to restore 800, they pulled out 32 out of their arses.

In 2022, Russia owned approximately 350 T-90As, up to 100 T-90Ms, and an additional 200 T-90s in storage. Less than 60 have been sighted, 15 have been destroyed. 130 Leopard II, and another unknown number of improved Leopards, alongside the Challenger II's is a huge force for the RuSSkies to have to deal with.

The only place we have seen the latest and greatest of RuSSkie equipment have been on the parades. They are just unable to produce anything new and modern atm.

It's like the SU-57, that they couldn't even produce 15 of, and had a radar signature slightly smaller than a B-52, because the morons who designed it, doesn't get radar structural return on crossed surfaces.

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Artillery shells are probably the biggest need for Ukraine right and they are not being produced in sufficient enough quantities. Thats how Russia made so many gains earlier in the war in the south and in the east. They just spammed artillery and Ukraine had no choice but to retreat. If Ukraine had the same capabilities and were able to use them against the trench lines and fortifications in the south the Russian frontline would quickly collapse and the goal of liberating Crimea would become more and more realistic.

And the Leopards are not being handed over in large enough quantities to make a significant difference on the frontlines. Russia may be moving T-62s out of storage but they still outnumber Ukraine when it comes to modern tanks like T-72s, T-80s, and T-90s.
It’s not just the main battle tanks Leopards/Challengers/Abrams; the Bradley and other similar vehicles are also going to be game changers. The Russians are fielding age old tech even in the T-90s that already won’t hold up to western weapons from the fucking 70’s, and Russia‘s fabled T-14 ‘Armata’ tank is basically a limp dick that never wants to stick it’s head up.

Forsete

It’s not just the main battle tanks Leopards/Challengers/Abrams; the Bradley and other similar vehicles are also going to be game changers. The Russians are fielding age old tech even in the T-90s that already won’t hold up to western weapons from the fucking 70’s, and Russia‘s fabled T-14 ‘Armata’ tank is basically a limp dick that never wants to stick it’s head up.
I read that the reason for these next gen Soviet gear, sorry ruzzian gear not being at the front (T14 and Su57) is if they are destroyed it will hurt the export potential.
It is not a good look to have your next-gen gear being blown up while trying to sell this shit to North Korea, India, China, 🦃 and your other glorious allies.

T14 probably doesn't work anyway.
And good luck building any modern gear without western tech. 🤣

TwinB242

I think filling is kinda harsh, esp. since there are more sources now.

Also, other two are confirmed.

One of the Mechanized brigades on the ground just shared similar info. Seems legit.

Posted by you, RuSSkie propaganda, not too long ago.. Might be news to you, but it still hasn't happened.

Bakhmut still stands.

And that was just garbo.

Uhhh Im one of the biggest Ukranian supporters out there, in fact i've donated over $1K of my own money since the invasion started to organizations like U24 and Come Back Alive. But that doesn't mean im going to suddenly start believing random twitter accounts i've never heard of.

And saying Bakhmut is standing or holding is not accurate considering that at least 70-80% of the city is under Russian control. The western outskirts are holding, yes. Thats how the situation in the city should be described.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
There was literally a video on twitter yesterday of wagner using a T-90 in Bakhmut. If they're willing to risk using them in an Urban environment then they clearly feel confident about the number that are still operational and usable in this war.
It really ceases to matter, with the Ukrainian‘s new armoured units coming in that can destroy a T-90 before the T-90 is even within firing range of anything they can shoot.…Which has pretty much been the goal of NATO weapons for decades. The upgrades on the T-90 from the actual 90’s T-90’s is minor, there is nothing they can field that can withstand what’s coming.

The entire NATO response right now is: “what else you got?“ and Russia doesn’t seem to have anything other than typical ‘Ermahgerd: you’re going to make me launch nukes’…same as North Korea has been for decades.

Last edited:
On the woman's side, it is not even better:

13/ Not surprisingly, Margarita says she can't recommend military careers to Russian women. "Russian society considers women at war to be just prostitutes," she says. A quarter of all women serving with the Russian military are reported to have experienced sexual harassment.

Expecting Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

winjer

Gold Member

13/ Not surprisingly, Margarita says she can't recommend military careers to Russian women. "Russian society considers women at war to be just prostitutes," she says. A quarter of all women serving with the Russian military are reported to have experienced sexual harassment.

This reminds me when the USSR built the monument to the unknown soldier in east Germany, soon after the defeat of the Nazi's.
But German women call it the monument to the unknown rapist.
Unfortunately, this monument still stands in Germany, because there are so many graves of German soldiers in Russia territory. And Germany doesn't want to give Russia reasons to desecrate their dead.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Def mon, my favorite source of news as of the day to day ebbs and flows of the front, hasn’t done his daily rep for weeks.

Someone asked him about and he said “I don’t find it interesting nor rewarding to keep tabs of how many times a toilet in Bahkmut changes
hands”.

Ah, the Ukrainians are not letting people take photos of the kramatorsk fortifications.

GymWolf

Gold Member

Expecting Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

Do these fuckers also force women to be conscripts?

GymWolf

Gold Member
yeh i'm wondering if the guy was just sick of it all and wanted a way out that didn't involve a Wagner sledgehammer.
And getting a fucking bomb to rip you apart that maybe left you half alive while suffering was his best option?

Are these russians so stupid that they can even shot themselves in the head?

winjer

Gold Member
I guess it's their only way to maintain cold blood when you know that you can be wiped out at any given moment by precision drones and shit.

The overuse of vodka has been promoted by Russian leaders for centuries. A people can't revolt, if they are so drunk, they can't form cohesive thoughts and barely walk.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The overuse of vodka has been promoted by Russian leaders for centuries. A people can't revolt, if they are so drunk, they can't form cohesive thoughts and barely walk.

More than that.

Vodka used be exclusively manufactured by the imperial family which made them enormously rich but at the cost of poisoning the body and mind of the Russian people to the point the soviets were prohibitionists and early Soviet Russia dedicated substantial efforts to curb the vodka dependency.

Until Stalin, of course, decided he’d like that money and did 180 and the imperial vodka monopoly was reborn as “the people’s vodka”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom