• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tams

Maybe it’s easier to distance yourself from what’s going on when you are looking through a camera, like the post @Mohonky talked about.. but still if it was me I’d be thinking about what I just did.. can’t stand watching those videos even if the person in the video deserve it..

Yeah, but you're not on the ground in Ukraine flying a drone, are you?

So what you'd do doesn't matter.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Think about it these guys are killing invaders who have come to enact genocide on their fellow countrymen, women and children, they have reduced entire cities, towns and villages to nothing but rubble, commit atrocity after atrocity and have thrown their entire existence into turmoil... If you think for one second if I was in their shoes I'd feel a modicum of pity for those cunts and would shed a tear or lose sleep killing them you're the reason Russia gets away with this shit, it's got nothing to do with being an internet hard man whatever the fuck that is, I'm pretty sure killing a Russian orc is no different to killing a mosquito for these guys.

If the orcs dont want to die in a hole in the ground then take their shitty guns and turn them on their commanders who are sending them to their deaths

Patrick S.

Banned
Think about it these guys are killing invaders who have come to enact genocide on their fellow countrymen, women and children, they have reduced entire cities, towns and villages to nothing but rubble, commit atrocity after atrocity and have thrown their entire existence into turmoil... If you think for one second if I was in their shoes I'd feel a modicum of pity for those cunts and would shed a tear or lose sleep killing them you're the reason Russia gets away with this shit, it's got nothing to do with being an internet hard man whatever the fuck that is, I'm pretty sure killing a Russian orc is no different to killing a mosquito for these guys.

If the orcs dont want to die in a hole in the ground then take their shitty guns and turn them on their commanders who are sending them to their deaths
Yeah man. Nuke the fuckers from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Sakura

anyone can explain to me the consequences of the (imminent?) loss of Bakhmut?
read that the russian getting there would open ukranian defenses to new potential penetrations, but how severe would it be?
Most of the consequences would be morale based.
Ignoring that, Bakhmut by itself wouldn't be all that severe. Sure, Russia could then attack somewhere else afterwards, but that is the same with any location that has been fought over.
The bigger issue I would think is the amount of munitions, equipment, etc spent defending against the Russians that could be used for a future counter-offensive. But none of us know what Ukraine has saved up for that. For all we know, munitions have been rationed in places like Bakhmut not because they don't have any left, but because they are saving a large enough stockpile for when they attack.

Darius87

does anyone has any ideas how ua get through russian lines in counteroffensive? russians have mined everything in the frontline even nuclear plant which no way ua gonna attack, after minefields there's antitank trench then probably another minefield with dragonteeths then another trench where's russian conscripts defend and one more trench where regular russian army is and artilery behind lines with armored vehicles and more brigades in the back, that's in zaporyzhia oblast, it's kinda nuts i don't even know how ua gonna do demining under heavy fire, without air support it's gonna be near impossible and russians definitely have air support they have been bringing theyr armored vehicles up from crimea, unless ua has something big which we don't know about like atackms i'm afraid it's not good option to attack from zaporyzhia oblast.

acm2000

does anyone has any ideas how ua get through russian lines in counteroffensive? russians have mined everything in the frontline even nuclear plant which no way ua gonna attack, after minefields there's antitank trench then probably another minefield with dragonteeths then another trench where's russian conscripts defend and one more trench where regular russian army is and artilery behind lines with armored vehicles and more brigades in the back, that's in zaporyzhia oblast, it's kinda nuts i don't even know how ua gonna do demining under heavy fire, without air support it's gonna be near impossible and russians definitely have air support they have been bringing theyr armored vehicles up from crimea, unless ua has something big which we don't know about like atackms i'm afraid it's not good option to attack from zaporyzhia oblast.
lets be honest, 8 out of 10 mines will be duds and the other 2 will be upside down

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The front line is massive, the US have no doubt been monitoring all along it and know exactly where it is weakest, not to mention all those lines of defense, minefields, trenches etc have all been laid out in training grounds all around the UK and EU and the Ukrainians have been non stop practising how exactly to overcome them effectively.

As for the Russians cunts defending them, do you honestly think they're gonna put up much of a fight once Himars have taken out all the ammo dumps, logistics hubs and command posts not to mention flooding their Comms with fake assaults and panicked soldiers, hopefully they'll be so demoralised they either die horribly in the onslaught or surrender enmass

Cyberpunkd

I can assure you real war has nothing to do with armchair strategists on Youtube or the Internet in general.

Gp1

As an certified armchair analyst... :) I believe it will be different from what we saw last year. They probably going to up their tempo and after that they will probably concentrate a massive firepower over little space and I really doubt it will be without airpower.
From what I read, UAF is already poking Russian lines here and there and trying to bleed RuAF air defenses over the past months by operating the air force and helicopters close to the front lines.

But, as much as I would like too see, I don't believe we are going to see Ukraine breaking Russia's back and liberating huge swaths of land like we saw last year. It will probably be something like what happened around Kherson.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
With US intel and himars dropping I'm going to grab some popcorn....
This is the softening up phase, it'll be a few weeks of these types of attacks shaping the battlefield, forcing the Russian cunts to move command centers, fuel and ammo dumps etc way outside of Himars range and straining their already long supply lines, not to mention forcing the cunts to try and guess where the assault is gonna come from, it's a massive front line so if they keep hitting a particular area the stupid bastards will probably think an attack is coming and will commit resources to that region thus shaping the battlefield exactly the way the Ukrainians want it.

Ukrainians fight like an actual army with a mission, the Russians fight like children eyes closed swinging their arms hoping to hit something.

ThisIsMyDog

Legit always wondered if anybody has tried to do this. I'm pretty sure the US pays their PMC more.
Wagner is not a private military company. In Moscow they only want it to look like that.

Wagner is funded and completely controlled by the Kremlin to do the dirty work, such as recruiting prisoners for the meat grinder at the Ukraine front or assisting various warlords in Africa.

winjer

Gold Member
Wagner is not a private military company. In Moscow they only want it to look like that.

Wagner is funded and completely controlled by the Kremlin to do the dirty work, such as recruiting prisoners for the meat grinder at the Ukraine front or assisting various warlords in Africa.

True. But he is Russian, so he is as corrupt as they come.
Money and a chance to replace Putin would probably be enough to make him turn.

Lasha

No I know but it would be hilarious for the opposing side to join in the larp. "amnesty and double pay if you repel Ukraine's invaders".

LordOfChaos

Massive massive bomber sortie from Russia. Putin's pissed. Going to be a long night in Ukraine...I wonder if that German AD is up and running yet, or if they're targeting it before it is.

10+ Tu-95s, at least 3 Tu-160s launched. Might be the biggest since the early conflict. They can launch cruise missiles from distances that keep them pretty well safe from being targetted in turn.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Massive massive bomber sortie from Russia. Putin's pissed. Going to be a long night in Ukraine...I wonder if that German AD is up and running yet, or if they're targeting it before it is.

10+ Tu-95s, at least 3 Tu-160s launched. Might be the biggest since the early conflict. They can launch cruise missiles from distances that keep them pretty well safe from being targetted in turn.

We waited too long .. but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom