• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Why is this thread about geo(politics) allowed to exist?
Because it's not really political? Political implies that there is a Right vs Left way to view the topic and that's just not the case. It's a simple case of right and wrong. What Russia is doing to Ukraine is wrong and the situation surrounding it can easily be discussed without devolving into political shit flinging which what I assume Evilore is trying to avoid.

As can be seen for the last few dozen pages.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
In regards to this topic?

Yep I believe so. But I have no idea which post was removed so can't say how far I strayed beyond this topic, or how bad a derail it was. Oh well.

edit: Now that I think about it, if I was a betting man, it would have been my comment about Macron and Xi Jinping recently (about Ukraine and 'peace' proposal) that might have attracted the orbital strike.

Last edited:

Tams

Within reason though as I had a post removed (I don't know which one) because it was deemed as a 'political derail'. So yeah, it's not a free-for-all.
Yeah, someone went on a cull of the thread, of what I can only assume were some fairly old posts. Not really sure what the point of that was, but it ain't our house, so it ain't our rules.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Within reason though as I had a post removed (I don't know which one) because it was deemed as a 'political derail'. So yeah, it's not a free-for-all.

Yep, I also got some removed for the same reason.

Not going to complain about, happy enough the thread is alive.

There is is left or right way of looking at the war. If there wasn't I wouldn't have come in contact with people wanting to stop aiding Ukraine and instead flagulate ourselves over Irag and Afghanistan. It extends to everything sadly. There are also some people on the far right who support Russia because of a belief that they are the protectors of traditional values. Maybe they are when when it comes to Russian values but I doubt they give a damn about some Marine Le Pen supporter in France.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I guess that's how media and politicians themselves want you to think about it, but that's a horrible oversimplification as these words hardly have any meaning when you really think about it.
I'm not not talking about the broader definition. I'm just talking about here on Gaf.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
There is is left or right way of looking at the war. If there wasn't I wouldn't have come in contact with people wanting to stop aiding Ukraine and instead flagulate ourselves over Irag and Afghanistan. It extends to everything sadly. There are also some people on the far right who support Russia because of a belief that they are the protectors of traditional values. Maybe they are when when it comes to Russian values but I doubt they give a damn about some Marine Le Pen supporter in France.
It's not really left or right is it, that would imply sound reasoning from both sides whereas the war in Ukraine is all about right Vs wrong with no ambiguity whatsoever, anyone that tries to argue some vague notion about justification or whatnot is simply a Nazi cunt that needs smacked... Was there a left right way of looking at WW2?? No, this is the same shit different century different Nazi

It's not really left or right is it, that would imply sound reasoning from both sides whereas the war in Ukraine is all about right Vs wrong with no ambiguity whatsoever, anyone that tries to argue some vague notion about justification or whatnot is simply a Nazi cunt that needs smacked... Was there a left right way of looking at WW2?? No, this is the same shit different century different Nazi

I'd argue that the left and right were even more clearly defined in WW2. There was the isolationist left that signed non-aggression pacts with the Nazis until they were dragged into the war and the isolationist right that only cared about their own monetary issues until they were dragged into the war when their harbours were bombed.

Just to put some things into perspective. There have been over 100,000 Russian soldiers killed or wounded since December 2022. That’s only 5 fucking months!

In Vietnam we (US) lost 58,000 soldiers in a 10 year span. 10 years 58,000!

In Afghanistan we lost 2,400 in 20 years.
20 years, our longest war, 2,400!

In Iraq we lost 4,431 in 10 years.
10 years 4,431!

I can’t believe no one in his circle has the balls to pull out their sidearm and blow the back of his fucking head wide open. Bunch of fucking pussies!

CNN: Avdiivka—Ukraine has retaken territory Russia has occupied for NINE YEARS!​

renderTimingPixel.png

cnn.com/videos...

Simon Cowell Thumbs Up GIF by America's Got Talent

sinnergy

Just to put some things into perspective. There have been over 100,000 Russian soldiers killed or wounded since December 2022. That’s only 5 fucking months!

10 years 4,431!

I can’t believe no one in his circle has the balls to pull out their sidearm and blow the back of his fucking head wide open. Bunch of fucking pussies!
Yes, that’s how bad the Russian army operates.. if the west could go all in, we could free Ukraine in 3 days and take Russia in 4 more .

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

10 years 4,431!

Even Russia, when they invaded Afghanistan, loses were 13,310 Dead, 35,478 Wounded. Per Soviet sources. Some people estimate the Russian death toll was as high as 26.000 dead.
Still, a fraction of what Russia is losing today in Ukraine. But it seems it's still not enough for the Russian people to rise up against Putin.
Last time they did a revolution, it took 2 million dead Russians for the rest of them to realize something needed to change.

Eotheod

What a joke of a mercenary group, but also it puts even more spotlight on how fucked Russia is supply wise. They may be trying to show the world its all flowers and rainbows there despite the sanctions, but boy are they hurting hard.

Also Netherlands just giving Ukraine F-16's is beautiful. Their pilots are becoming exceptionally talented.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It's been over 9 months and we're still talking about Bahkmut. It really puts into perspective the absolute failure of the second best army in the world.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
-Kremlin attacked
-Crimea oil depots burning from east to west
-Kinzhal unstoppable superweapon intercepted
-Wagner/MOD slapfight escalating, Bakhmut possible being abandoned
-Gonzalo arrested

It's been a bad week for vatniks with the counteroffensive not even under way.

Liljagare

Seems legit.. :\ "

"Source: video of the Special Operations Forces and the press service of the Special Operations Forces (SSO) of Ukraine in a comment to Ukrainska Pravda. Quote: "The enemy used phosphorous and incendiary ammunition in Bakhmut, trying to wipe the city off the face of the Earth. However, the soldiers of the SSO and other units of the Defence Forces continue to courageously defend the city. And in these conditions, we continue to destroy the enemy."""

Last edited:

Gp1

Russia: We are liberating our fellow Russians abroad in eastern Ukraine.

Also Russia: ...by fire bombing their cities.

sinnergy

Wow it's HUGE news that a Patriot system shot down a hypersonic missile. Of course being Russian ordinance, who knows how good that missile really was anyway compared to say a Chinese hypersonic missile, but still lol.
I bet Chinese fireworks even functions better 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom