• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

treemk

Banned
They mobilized more cannon fodder, with little to no training, equipped with AK-Ms and shovels. And this will only reduce the Russian birth rate.
The Ukrainian air defense is still holding, taking down most Russian missiles. And Russia was never able to dominate the air space in this war.
Russia economy is made up by what Putin tells the Federal State Statistics Service to write. All of it is fabrication. The industrial output in Russia has fallen of a cliff in several sectors, except weapons manufacturing.
The chips made in China are of lower quality, more expensive, because they know Russia has no alternatives. It got so bad, that Russia is buying washing machines from Kazakhstan, so they can take out the chips and use them in the few weapons they can produce.
Your number are very wrong. Something tells me you are writing this from a Khrushchevka, saying how the west is so bad, while using western tech.
Yeah, the truth we be undeniable sooner than later. There was no shortage of new saying the US was winning in Vietnam too. The only thing Ukraine is winning is the propaganda war.

treemk

Banned
You'll have to do a lot better, than that. We already know he is a paid shill for Russian propaganda. Just like you.
I'm sure you do know that. You can't be reasoned with when you just call everyone who disagrees with you a Putin shill. This man is a US war hero, the best of the best

v5Ha1bL.png

Artoris

Gold Member
It's you who are living in opposite day.
Russia has mobilized an army of 300-500k combat ready troops.
They regularly are hitting Ukraine with missiles and Ukraine's air defense has been reduced to near zero (according to the new Russia was supposed to to run out of missiles a year ago).
Russia's economy is booming, they have access to chips via China, and outside of North America and Eastern Europe most of the world is happy to do business them them.
Russia has lost probably less than 100k men in this war and Ukraine has lost probably over 300k, whatever new equipment has now for their so called counter offensive it's significantly less equipment, less men, and far less trained men than they had last year.
Truth will hit you hard soon, you can't live in a fantasy world forever

Lasha

I'm sure you do know that. You can't be reasoned with when you just call everyone who disagrees with you a Putin shill. This man is a US war hero, the best of the best

v5Ha1bL.png

Do you think his views on the Jews where he used a Soviet propaganda term are also accurate? The guy was a talented general who threw his lot in with the hard right after he left. He's been saying that Ukraine was only minutes from falling since the beginning. His predictions have been consistently wrong. Why consider him credible?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Do you think his views on the Jews where he used a Soviet propaganda term are also accurate? The guy was a talented general who threw his lot in with the hard right after he left. He's been saying that Ukraine was only minutes from falling since the beginning. His predictions have been consistently wrong. Why consider him credible?

He’s “right” because he’s one of “us”, which is the easiest way there is to be fed propaganda but whatever.

That is like someone I know from Facebook, who keeps posting Ruzzian propaganda. Insulting Zelensky because he was a comedian (a job is a job and no one should make fun because of your profession). I like to see how people double down and fail. I even predicted multiple failures of his conspiracy theories before they happen. (About how they will retract or change the date/idea to something else because a lie is a lie)

Now he is evolving into a flat-earther. I have to say it is funny (in a sad way) to see how someone's brain becomes a mess.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
That is like someone I know from Facebook, who keeps posting Ruzzian propaganda. Insulting Zelensky because he was a comedian (a job is a job and no one should make fun because of your profession). I like to see how people double down and fail. I even predicted multiple failures of his conspiracy theories before they happen. (About how they will retract or change the date/idea to something else because a lie is a lie)

Now he is evolving into a flat-earther. I have to say it is funny (in a sad way) to see how someone's brain becomes a mess.

Some people are pathological contrarians.

Facism

Gold Member
They regularly are hitting Ukraine with missiles and Ukraine's air defense has been reduced to near zero (according to the new Russia was supposed to to run out of missiles a year ago).
Russia's economy is booming, they have access to chips via China, and outside of North America and Eastern Europe most of the world is happy to do business them them.
Russia has lost probably less than 100k men in this war and Ukraine has lost probably over 300k, whatever new equipment has now for their so called counter offensive it's significantly less equipment, less men, and far less trained men than they had last year.

breh do you live somewhere that still uses leaded fuel lmao

This guy reminds men of that dude saying that the first offensive would amount to nothing, only for the ukranians to take a shitton of land back after a mass route of the russian scum.

Tams

Yes, unfortunately where America leads, others follow. In the case of a lot of other NATO members, only when they are forced into it. And no, it isn't ideal out of all the major NATO members, only America and the UK have mounted a full throated backing of Ukraine since the beginning. I'm right with you in wishing the EU would take more of a central, stronger role in this conflict, but everything seems to have to be dragged out of them - not least because of how much they've managed to tie themselves to Russia in the recent past, thanks to a very shortsighted amount of greed and poor political nous.

You would hope that once this conflict does resolve itself, hopefully successfully, it will have provided the EU with a much needed kick up the arse about the actual geo political state of the world, instead of the one they created in their heads.

Considering how the EU have treated this and China recently... I wouldn't even get close to getting your hopes up.

NATO doesn't 'help', as too many see it was being the crux of European security, when it really shouldn't be. But then without NATO...

But then, no one really wants an 'EU Army' (understandably and imho rightly).

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I had to read this 2 times just to make sure it wasn't a parody post before I saw they were banned.

Good Lord propaganda really does a number on the gullible.

Wise choice.

I watched the longer version of this and it was so absolutely incredible. I have seen a fair amount of combat footage in this war and never really felt much sympathy for Russian soldiers. But watching the long version of this video OMG I was so rooting for the Russian soldier to make it to Ukrainian lines and surrender. Even in this hellish war the soldiers of the Ukrainian Army demonstrate valour and kindness to an invader. If anyone wants to see the longer version here it is. I would advise anyone with a squemish stomach to skip to 1:40 mins into the video. The first 1:40 mins are pretty brutal but then it focuses on arranging a russian soldiers surrender.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
what a delusional cunt.. lol anyways tell your orc m8s cowering miles behind the front line the UK has delivered Storm Shadow long range Cruise Missiles to Ukraine and unlike the pathetic Russian ones, these things will actually hit their targets, its gonna be glorious when they use these.. all those supply depots, troop staging areas, command centres filled with little orcs scurrying around like the rats they are, are about to be wiped the fuck out and knowing how stupid Russians (and their followers) are those areas will be stacked with equipment and men thinking they're perfectly safe..

Tams

Good ol' Anglo-French technology. That's what you get when two lifelong/eternal adversaries work together.

It's a shame only the UK are supplying them. But the day is young, so softy Macaroon still has a chance to not show himself up again.

Forsete

I watched the longer version of this and it was so absolutely incredible. I have seen a fair amount of combat footage in this war and never really felt much sympathy for Russian soldiers. But watching the long version of this video OMG I was so rooting for the Russian soldier to make it to Ukrainian lines and surrender. Even in this hellish war the soldiers of the Ukrainian Army demonstrate valour and kindness to an invader. If anyone wants to see the longer version here it is. I would advise anyone with a squemish stomach to skip to 1:40 mins into the video. The first 1:40 mins are pretty brutal but then it focuses on arranging a russian soldiers surrender.

Holy hell.

I feel the same. I generally have no sympathy for the orcs that refuse to surrender. But I was rooting for this guy.
For his sake I hope he is not returned to Russia.

FunkMiller

Ooooooh... Long range munitions.

Now you're fucked, you orc cunts.

EDIT: This is NATO telling Russia that when the counter offensive comes, it will potentially include bunker buster cruise missile use. You have to wonder if this is something of a last ditch attempt to get Putin to see sense and pull out. If he doesn't and they are used, it's massive Russian casualties on a scale we haven't got anywhere near yet. Western satellites will have Russian deployments and entrenchments pretty closely monitored, and a Storm Shadow can be targeted down to a few metres. An absolute slaughter.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

EDIT: This is NATO telling Russia that when the counter offensive comes, it will potentially include bunker buster cruise missile use. You have to wonder if this is something of a last ditch attempt to get Putin to see sense and pull out. If he doesn't and they are used, it's massive Russian casualties on a scale we haven't got anywhere near yet. Western satellites will have Russian deployments and entrenchments pretty closely monitored, and a Storm Shadow can be targeted down to a few metres. An absolute slaughter.
it'll properly fuck them up

MikeM

Gold Member

The wild part is Putin claims they are fighting Nato. Bruh- NATO hasn’t even brought any of the good stuff yet.

FunkMiller

The wild part is Putin claims they are fighting Nato. Bruh- NATO hasn’t even brought any of the good stuff yet.

Oh god no. Especially because if they are telling him they will use Storm Shadow cruise missiles in the combat theater they have now given themselves pretty effective plausible deniability about the use of... other types of conventional cruise missiles.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

LimanimaPT

They have to be delivered by airplane?

Edit: can this missiles reach the crimea bridge? Maybe there's a condition they can't target the bridge?

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The current SA government is corrupt af and this doesn't surprise me one bit, time to take out the big Sanction book and slap them around a bit with it, any country supplying arms or any sort of support should be shunned and hammered financially

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Something might be happening.

Or its is just panicked Russians seeing Storm Shadows and Ukranians everywhere. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

They'll abandon like flies swatted off shite, they all know it's coming, they all know the Ukrainians are pissed and well trained and they all know they have NATO heavy armour.. wherever they attack it'll collapse

TheCed

He made the right call, and will live because of it.

Hopefully for this man, the war is over.

FunkMiller

Yeah, the stuff around Bakhmut is a feint. I'd imagine the actual counter offensive will start somewhere else.
They have to be delivered by airplane?

Edit: can this missiles reach the crimea bridge? Maybe there's a condition they can't target the bridge?

A storm shadow can easily reach the Kerch Bridge. Operational range is over 150 miles. And that's got to be one of the first targets they hit, you'd think.

They launch from a plane, but can have their target co-ordinates programmed in on the ground. The plane is literally just there to give it something to fire from, vaguely in the direction of the target. The missile will use GPS and terrain mapping to find and hit the target accurately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom