• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russia Threatens to Destroy U.K. for Giving Ukraine Storm Shadow Missiles​

renderTimingPixel.png

newsweek.com/russia...

who framed roger rabbit crying GIF

Ukraine is big, Kherson to Kerch is over 300 kilometers, more then Storm Shadow can go. From Zaporizhzia it's just possible but that makes it a predictable path to put air defense on.

Maybe it's best to just use this on command centers and ammo dumps moved out of HIMARS range and threaten the bridge so more air defense is moved there. Or maybe Ukraine will, once again, come up with some crazy plan like putting it on a boat and launching from the Black Sea to the south, avoiding all the defenses.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

I know that Ukraine has come out and tamped down expectations of what the counter offensive will be able to accomplish but the Russians are about to get fucked.

Certain areas of Russias defense are going to collapse. Lack of training, ammo, no communication, infighting, and no heavy equipment to counter the tanks and Bradley's that are coming. You can build trenches and mine as much as you want but there is no cohesion in any of their moves.

I expect the south to be a much bigger fight but if Ukraine can break through in the north it won't matter.

FunkMiller

Ukraine is big, Kherson to Kerch is over 300 kilometers, more then Storm Shadow can go. From Zaporizhzia it's just possible but that makes it a predictable path to put air defense on.

Maybe it's best to just use this on command centers and ammo dumps moved out of HIMARS range and threaten the bridge so more air defense is moved there. Or maybe Ukraine will, once again, come up with some crazy plan like putting it on a boat and launching from the Black Sea to the south, avoiding all the defenses.

We haven't seen any evidence to suggest that Russia has the defensive capabilities to prevent multiple cruise missiles from hitting their target (The S300 is a decent AA system, but the Storm Shadow is equipped with active and passive countermeasures), so I'd say that's not going to much of a problem, especially as it also has terrain masking capabilities, and can fly below a ceiling of 130ft. Only one has to hit the target with 450kg of explosives on board.

Also, Russia has zero air superiority, and Storm Shadow is launched from a plane.

That bridge is fucked.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I know that Ukraine has come out and tamped down expectations of what the counter offensive will be able to accomplish but the Russians are about to get fucked.

Certain areas of Russias defense are going to collapse. Lack of training, ammo, no communication, infighting, and no heavy equipment to counter the tanks and Bradley's that are coming. You can build trenches and mine as much as you want but there is no cohesion in any of their moves.

I expect the south to be a much bigger fight but if Ukraine can break through in the north it won't matter.

If cruise missiles are now going to be used, I honestly don't see anywhere that Russia can mount any kind of decent defence. Every single main Russian supply depot, C&C centre, troop centre, and comms emplacement is vulnerable to pinpoint Storm Shadow attacks, given that NATO will have been tracking very single fucking one of them.

If I'm a Russian soldier seeing this news, I'd be taking my chances deserting.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

If cruise missiles are now going to be used, I honestly don't see anywhere that Russia can mount any kind of decent defence. Every single main Russian supply depot, C&C centre, troop centre, and comms emplacement is vulnerable to pinpoint Storm Shadow attacks, given that NATO will have been tracking very single fucking one of them.

If I'm a Russian soldier seeing this news, I'd be taking my chances deserting.
If I'm just a regular Russian guy who got recruited I'm surrendering to those drones. I can see entire units or mile long sections of trench where guys just start surrendering en mass.

We've already seen units that have been destroyed and the survivors put out videos basically denouncing the war/the lack of support. As more and more guys get rushed through training and the heavy equipment starts pouring in the psychological beatings the Russians go through are going to take a toll. It's gonna have a major effect on their morale.

FunkMiller

If I'm just a regular Russian guy who got recruited I'm surrendering to those drones. I can see entire units or mile long sections of trench where guys just start surrendering en mass.

We've already seen units that have been destroyed and the survivors put out videos basically denouncing the war/the lack of support. As more and more guys get rushed through training and the heavy equipment starts pouring in the psychological beatings the Russians go through are going to take a toll. It's gonna have a major effect on their morale.

Yep. And there's very definitely a psychological warfare component to announcing that cruise missiles are now in Ukraine's hands. They could have kept quiet about them, and just started using them during the counter attack. But the fact NATO openly wants the Russian soldiery to know what's about to hit them is very telling. Old Vladimir and his mates in the bunker will be looking up 'Storm Shadow' on YouTube, and shitting their pants. There is now nowhere in occupied Ukraine that cannot be hit by a massive amount of high explosive, designed to destroy hardened targets.

Last edited:
I know this is all hot air and stuff...

But is there a chance that Russia blows up the UK? We had that creepy mass alarm test recently. It's put me on edge. They said it was for floods and stuff, but that's clearly bullshit.
I mean Ruzzia could try any shit on any other country if they wanted, the thing is that they would be wiped out from the face of the earth that within hours of trying that.

Lasha

But is there a chance that Russia blows up the UK? We had that creepy mass alarm test recently. It's put me on edge. They said it was for floods and stuff, but that's clearly bullshit.

Theres always a chance that Putin goes apeshit but its pretty unlikely. Not worth worrying about because you'll be dead quickly and most of the developed world will follow shortly thereafter.

Cyberpunkd

Why would Russia blow up a country where billions of euros of Russian oligarchs are stored? You can be sure that both the oligarchs and the UK government want to go back to business as usual asap.

FunkMiller

Putin goes out of a window long before a bunch of Russians allow their fortunes to be blown up.

The only practical positive to come out of Russia's creeping financial tentacles reaching into the UK's economic system is that none of them want to hurt the place where so much of their cash is.

Stop worrying.

Ironbunny

We have had these in my country as long as I've been alive. They also test those once every month at twelve a clock mondays.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Russia can go piss off , they are just hot air, like a little child having a tantrum. What they should do , get the fuck out of the country that they don’t own the land of .. I mean they had 70 years to do something with Russia .. instead they chose the piss it all away . I wouldn’t worry about these idiots .

Their nukes are probably also shite. I do wonder about the Ukrainians tanks .. own builds , how these will perform.

Last edited:

Forsete

Something just got blown up in Luhansk. 100 km from the front.

Many videos in the thread, lots of damage to that building.

Sounds like ammunition detonating in the background.

Last edited:

Tams

It's for any emergency. So no, not bullshit.

Geez, some people

Mattdaddy

Gold Member

I wouldn't stress about that, chances of Russia blowing up the UK or any NATO country are zero.

This would result in the complete destruction of Russia and they know it. The people in power over there, for all their chest pounding, their end game isn't to get themselves annihilated. They're power mongers but not jihadists.

Plus at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Russia did try to launch nukes if half them exploded in their silo and the other half were just duds lol.

Banjo64

cumsessed

Chill brother. Russia cannot even take Ukraine, you think they can fuck with Britain’s first world military?

We have crossed a lot of their ‘red lines’ first, and jack shit has happened.

Even if you ignore the fact that we are a NATO member, we have Trident - which is enough of a deterrent on its own.

Each submarine can carry up to eight Trident missiles. Trident missiles can range up to 7,500 miles, and the destructive force is equivalent to eight Hiroshimas.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Drones have captured the suicides of many Russian soldiers. The soldier knew he was dying and that friends weren't coming. A grenade was all he had to punch out with.
I would've asked his buddy for another grenade.
The first one, pin pulled, retainer off, waited, then threw it back at him in the dugout. Then the second one for himself.

Spaceman292

Banned
Chill brother. Russia cannot even take Ukraine, you think they can fuck with Britain’s first world military?

We have crossed a lot of their ‘red lines’ first, and jack shit has happened.

Even if you ignore the fact that we are a NATO member, we have Trident - which is enough of a deterrent on its own.

Each submarine can carry up to eight Trident missiles. Trident missiles can range up to 7,500 miles, and the destructive force is equivalent to eight Hiroshimas.
I remember a few years ago there were people who wanted to dismantle Trident. lmao imagine

Liljagare

Last edited:

Tams

Let's hope not. I mean, he has been relatively good at repelling pressure from ruZZia to use Belarusian forces (albeit small) against Ukraine. In his vacuum there will be more pressure to expend whatever Belarus has.

There aren't even that many Belarusian forces.

Enough, just, to along with the police and security services intimidated and terrorise their own population, but that's it.

Russia have likely lost almost more dead in Ukraine than the entire active Belarusian military.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
There aren't even that many Belarusian forces.

Enough, just, to along with the police and security services intimidated and terrorise their own population, but that's it.

Russia have likely lost almost more dead in Ukraine than the entire active Belarusian military.
Yeah, that's why I wrote "small".. But an additional front even against a small army would create a distraction for Ukraine's strategy elsewhere. ..Of course Ukraine already has a defense force there just in case, but still would be a waste of lives on both sides. I wouldn't like to see a single Ukrainian soldier dead in a fight against Belarus, thus like I wrote; I would like Lukashenko to stay alive - For now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom